Sign in to follow this  
Kiowa

M1a1's hindhunting.

u can't issue "fire" command to gunner when ur weapon is sabot and the target is midair with mouse.but u can shout "FIRE!" by pressing the left ctrl key!shoot'em!

LOL yes when they are enemy choopers l turn into gunner and u can kill em easily.

in the config line of the Sabot shell there's only IRlock=1...

so u can only lock on ground armored target, same for AI.

Then if u got an AI driver he will never shoot at a chopper (only the T80 does with his machinegun). U can manuallly use the sabot for kill chopper.

When i was commander in the M1A1, i told my gunner to target hind, and he did, then i told him fire, then the hind blew up. smile.gif

M1A1 got the same machinegun that the T80... which can lock on aerial target...

I guess your gunner didnt fire sabot ? smile.gif

Nope, i ordered him to fire the sabot round, then it hit the hind, then the hind crashed. smile.gif

strange seems like a bug, check this is the name of M1A1 ammo:

"Gun120

SHELL120

Main Gun M1A1 SABOT"

And for info i checked the config.bin version 1.46:

a Shell120 ammo is considered as a single bullet (ie it ll not like the missile auto find his target). So u can personnally lock on it, the ammo will not.

I think u got a bug and i m near to find it thought:

Normally when u lock on a target and that u change for a weapon that didnt accept the lock on ability u loose the lock.

AI never use the locking capability of the missile*tested on AAstrela*, it fire them without locking at point blank range with a 100% probability *but i feel sometime like i see a locked shot*.

So normally when AI is in the MG it can target Aircraft, when it switch to maingun it must loose it: thought AI does not use the locking...

it's only your locking you see not the locking of the AI

Try to get a valid lock as sabot gunner on a chopper (flying not grounded) and u ll see it's impossible. If u doubt about the AI no-locking ability i ve a special script  i created (it's purpose is to detect lock on).

I repeat: Sabot cannot lock on aerial target

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I repeat: Sabot cannot lock on aerial target

<span id='postcolor'>

I DIDNT say it locked on!I said i ordered the gunner to target hind,While the turret moved with the hind, then i ordered him to fire, then bang!Then the helcopter explodes, then it lands, then i just repeted the procces.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try to get a valid lock as sabot gunner on a chopper (flying not grounded) and u ll see it's impossible. If u doubt about the AI no-locking ability i ve a special script i created (it's purpose is to detect lock on<span id='postcolor'>

well i was able to. smile.gif It must be YOU have a bug. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">u can't issue "fire" command to gunner when ur weapon is sabot and the target is midair with mouse.but u can shout "FIRE!" by pressing the left ctrl key!shoot'em! <span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif I mean i selected manul fire, i guess i didnt order him to fire.But i was commander, then i told my gunner to target hind, by right clicking the helicopter then he started following the helicopter then i selected manual fire, then i fired, etc.