Sign in to follow this  
SysterYster

A custom template, or something like it!?

Hi !

In arma 2 oa -> singleplayer ->scenarios -> my missions -> new wizard.

There is the "04 :Combat" premade template. U choose map and hq assigns missions.

I was thinking if there is a way to just be the rifleman or eq, and not the squadleader as i want to focus on the play. Changing to another member of the squad doesn't work, even after accepting a secOp mission (as the squad leader ofcourse).

Or alternatively, or even Better, stay as the squadleader but let the AI handle the aspects of teamleadership.(Heal this member, heal that member etc).

As i am not interested in scripting maybe someone could give me some quick accurate help !

SysterYster

G'day SysterYster,

Hi !

I was thinking if there is a way to just be the rifleman or eq, and not the squadleader as i want to focus on the play. Changing to another member of the squad doesn't work, even after accepting a secOp mission (as the squad leader ofcourse).

Or alternatively, or even Better, stay as the squadleader but let the AI handle the aspects of teamleadership.(Heal this member, heal that member etc).

As i am not interested in scripting maybe someone could give me some quick accurate help !

SysterYster

Scripting or no scripting this is not something that could work. I'm not 100% sure but I think doing what your proposing would involve toying around a bit with the game itself.

I know why your asking this and I have experienced the same thing with ArmA 2. Please don't take this badly, but you've probably haven't learnt to use the commands that well yet which means it would probably be more fun having the AI lead while you follow commands (This was basically how it was for me too).

Don't worry about it and believe me once you get the hang of it, you will appreciate being the leader a lot more.

If you really want to though, a neat trick I like to use is:

- as soon as hq gives you the specop head over to the objective

- be stealthy and spot a few enemies

- then swap to one of your teammates and the AI will start giving orders

As I said, please don't take what I said badly, this was just how it was for me when I started playing ArmA, and if I've made a bad judgement I apologise.

Happy Hunting,

undercoverbrother