Sign in to follow this  
eddieck

BE ban limit at 135 bans

If you add more than 135 bans, when you try to get the ban list (using either the official command line bercon.exe or the GUI tool), the RCON connection crashes. We're still on 1.57 so I'm hoping 1.59 fixes this. Does anyone know if it does, or if there's another solution?

Wow, you banned 135 people already? I dont think we have that meny bans on CoD server. :)

Yup... many of them are GUID bans from hackers that don't get past the sig checks. I ban them by GUID too since some of them can spoof their IDs.

I think you've banned the entire Arma 2 MP community from your server. :butbut:

Alas, I never even knew there was such a limit. There's gotta be a reason for it.

LOL. I think the entire ArmA 2 community is a bit bigger than 135. :)

Yep, AI slots have been a big issue for awhile. You can clear them out by logging in as admin and selecting them, but it's annoying especially when you've been in the game for awhile and have a bunch of gear that you need to drop (or lose).

Anyways, we can add more than 135 bans and the bans.txt will show that - but I'm not certain if the bans work. I'd test it by banning myself but our servers are on 1.57 and Steam just auto-updated me to 1.59.

No need to test - the bans work, at least the last 135does, havnt testet if the first ones in the list stop working. And the ai problem are really a big issue, a server that have been running for a while easy can have most slots blocked by ai.

Yes, that's caused by a bug in the BE RCon packet sending (hopefully I can fix it soon). The bans still work though, there is no limit at all.