Sign in to follow this  
Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans

Trigger attached to unit

I think I accidentally did this last night while feverishly clicking. I think if you center the trigger on top of the unit's center, it will be attached. Not sure.

I want a trigger to be attached a moving unit. Triggers are stationary or fixed; I want it to be with a moving unit.

Example:

I want a unit to stand GUARD waypoint. The unit will run after the player when detected but these waypoints are unknown. I want the player to die if he gets too close to the unit.

I will use the setdammage 1 command but how can the trigger be attached to the unit.

here what you do:

Make a trigger with (player distance enemy unit name) < 10 in the condition field. This makes the trigger activate if the player comes within 10 meters of the enemy unit. If 10 meters is too much or too little, just modify it with whatever you want. The number you specify is in meters. And then just put player setdammage 1 in the activation field.

Thank you both.

Is there anyone out there or do you know of someone who may be willing to make me a custom object for a mission? I will list the creator in the acknowledgements of the readme file. What I need is very small. I think one can take the soccer (or football ) ball or the human head and convert it into what I need.

If I do not get a response, I will explore editing in a few months and try to figure it out.

Thanks all. The new RUSH album rocks.