Sign in to follow this  
Vaincre

Question on running a CO server

Hello. I've been working on setting up a server for myself and a few of my friends to play on over the past 2 weeks, and although it does run, I can't get it to run combined operations.

My command line looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca

Extra information:

• I used the Kellys Heroes guide to set the server up
  • I'm using the steam version of ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA
  • I also would like to use the mods:

CBA,ACE,ACEX,ACEX_USNAVY,ACEX_RU,zeu_AI_ACE on the server

If there is any information i left out that you need, please let me know.

No one has any advice? I really can't figure out what to do.

Is ArmA2 in a separate directory from Operation Arrowhead? My Steam installation is in separate directories. I used "Link Shell Extension" to create junctions of the Addons & Dta folders from the Arma 2 folder into the OA folder. Then you have Combined Operations.

"Link Shell Extension" can be got from: http://schinagl.priv.at/

Is ArmA2 in a separate directory from Operation Arrowhead? My Steam installation is in separate directories. I used "Link Shell Extension" to create junctions of the Addons & Dta folders from the Arma 2 folder into the OA folder. Then you have Combined Operations.

"Link Shell Extension" can be got from: http://schinagl.priv.at/

Hi, thanks for replying.

Firstly, yes ArmA2 and ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead are in to separate directories.

Secondly, I installed "link shell extension" but when I try to create the junction for the Addon and Dta folders I get an error saying something along the lines of "explorer can not create the junction ... the destination directory is a subdirectory of the source"

could it be because I'm using windows vista?

Hi, I think you're doing something wrong. Right-click on the folder you want to create a junction for (say, Addons in the Arma2 folder) & select "Pick Link Source". Then go to your Arrowhead folder, right-click towards the bottom (so you don't drop into another folder) & select "Drop As ..." then select "Junction".

A folder with a chain on it will be created called "Addons" (in this example). I suppose you'd describe it as a hard shortcut. Windows treats it as the real folder, not as a normal shortcut. It doesn't matter if you're running Vista. I'm using "Junctions" on a Vista machine with no problems. My split Steam Arma2 install is under Win 7 x64.

Make sure you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your version of Windows.

Hi, I think you're doing something wrong. Right-click on the folder you want to create a junction for (say, Addons in the Arma2 folder) & select "Pick Link Source". Then go to your Arrowhead folder, right-click towards the bottom (so you don't drop into another folder) & select "Drop As ..." then select "Junction".

A folder with a chain on it will be created called "Addons" (in this example). I suppose you'd describe it as a hard shortcut. Windows treats it as the real folder, not as a normal shortcut. It doesn't matter if you're running Vista. I'm using "Junctions" on a Vista machine with no problems. My split Steam Arma2 install is under Win 7 x64.

Make sure you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your version of Windows.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. You were a huge help, couldn't have gotten it working without you. :thanx::thumbsup: