Sign in to follow this  
alswede

Hooray finally made it

At last I managed to do the red dawn campaign.Well the General did'nt make it but he was out of date anyway.

The main problem with this game is that it makes all my other games suck....

Al

Oh, Red Dawn is the final mission of the original OFP Campaign..... I finished it last weekend. I stole a hind which i had to refuel first. Then i flew to the general's house and i killed to guards there. I made him enter the hind as a gunner, and then i took of. My sqad was still down, but they were all killed by a T80. *sniff*

Well, no time to worry about them, i flew to the coordinates of the 2nd SCUD, but was gunned down by some shilka's. We crashed, but both survived. I was hiding in a forest, and left the general behind. I went further by foot, followed by an enemy BMP. I finally found the SCUD and placed three satchel charges. I ran down the hill, and was shot in my foot so i crawled down the hill and BOOOOOOM.... bye bye SCUD. Next think i know i was flying in a plane and (crash) landed on a airstrip. I stole a car and drove to pick up my mates to drink a pint in a bar.

COOL GAME BIS

Gorgi

My squad stayed alive while I flew the Hind in that mission, because I commanded them to get in the back of a truck but didn't assign a driver...smile.gif

I think you can finish that mission without using your squad, because all they have done is dying. Next time i will use the m113 to go to the base where the hind is, so my squad will shoot the 2 or 3 soldiers there, and then i will leave them behind. Koel spel man.

Gorgi

I always use the M113 and leave my squad in the back of a truck (to avoid them shouting "WHERE ARE YOU?" in the radio every 5 seconds), except I take one guy as the gunner.

If i die, all my squad must die. I enbark everybody to the M113 and drive to the base with the hind. My gunner killes 2 soldiers in the base. Then i drive M113 to the hind, and tell my gunner to check the area. Then, i go find refuel truck, refuel hind, tell my team to enbark hind, fly away.

Then i destroy shilka, near the cost, and then i start my way to the guba's base. I land next to his UAz, and shot the tires or the driver. Guba and spetz natz come out. I kill spetz natz, and i arrest guba. I continue my way to the SCUD area. I destroy a few tanks on the way there. I destroy scud and finish the mission.

It's kind of weird but I have'nt found that place with the chopper yet.well,exept for the first time I tried.But then I did not know I could refuell the bloody thing.This time I did as somebody wrote about in this group.Load up with so many bazokas as posible and ride down trough the woods to the beach to the base were Gubas boat are.Hide that vehicle and take the base it's just a few soldiers there but make it fast as the first tank shows up pretty fast after you got there.Hmm,the guy that I got the idea from describes this much better so I say

bye for now and have a good time playing.

Al

My experience is that using the chopper is almost impossible. I usually kill the first shilka, or maybe two. But the third one always gets me.

So I came up with something that works:

Order all soldiers into the M113 and head for the coast by the base with the boat. Don't bother taking the base, but head on to the forest in front of you. Disembark and order your men to move to positiones around the village. Make them scan the horizon and order all to attack the scud. Most of them will be killed by the tanks/bmps, but who cares? You won't catch Guba though but the mission is still a success.

Well it's kind of fun catching gn.Guba as he hold a little

speech.He have his rights of free speech and when he was done, I wasted him.I think I treated him very correctly.(clean headshot)

Al