Sign in to follow this  
KILLGORE

Armory civilian help

Need some help here. Open the armory and I select a weapon or item to use and when it spawns, it spawns me as a civillian with no weapon...

anyone know how to change this so I can practice?

Wierd...

Just for the record are you talking about AA2 or Arrowhead or Comb Ops?

(I'm unmodded Comb Ops 1.08/1.57)

Follow this exact sequence through the screens that come up and tell us what happens-

After loading the game, click Single player> Armory> Chernarus> Continue> Blufor> Weapons> Rifles> click any Weapon> Try.

You should then find yourself in the 3D world with your chosen gun in your warm live hands.

(Tip:- now hit 'Enter' on the numpad to get a wider third person view of your guy so you can doublecheck whether he's holding a weapon)

WOW! Thanks! I had selected civillian because I thought you could possibly use any weapon with a civ skin. Guess not...didnt realize I had to change back to one of the war factions to actually use the weapon. I'm chalking it up to newbness!!! Thanks for your help!

Hey Killgore, we were all noobs at some point and some of us still are! Carry on asking the questions mate, 99% of people on these forums love helping people! :D

You CAN give civilians weapons, but for now just get comfortable with the key sequence I gave you.

As you've noticed, you only get a few Armory weapons to play with after buying the game and have to 'unlock' the rest by racking up points later (a bit silly if you ask me), but luckily you can get instant access to ALL weapons by inserting the line armoryPoints=50000; into your profile, do it whenever you feel ready, but it took me about 3 attempts to do it myself (I'm just a grunt wargamer)

Here's part of my profile showing how the line looks sitting in there-

floatingZoneArea=0;

headBob=0.062641099;

armoryPoints=50000;

sceneComplexity=300000;

viewDistance=2400;

Need some help here. Open the armory and I select a weapon or item to use and when it spawns, it spawns me as a civillian with no weapon...

anyone know how to change this so I can practice?

Armory is prepared for kids. lol.

I've been wargaming for 35 years and the Armory missions are among the toughest I've ever seen in any wargame, I only win about 1 in 3 despite usng every ounce of superhuman guile and cunning to stay alive.

PS- A lot of people still don't know that when you get into the 3D Armory world, you'll be offered a short simple mission after a couple of minutes, just you---and you alone---against the bad guys.

(Sometimes you'll be offered a shooting range type mission, just decline it if you like, and wait another couple of minutes to be offered a real combat mission.)

If you pick a rifle to try, the enemy will come at you with small arms. Pick an AT-launcher and he'll come after you with armour. Pick AA-launcher and planes/helos will be hunting you dowm.

Think 'Armory', think 'macho'..:)

Edited by PoorOldSpike