Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

Pbo decrypter for files > 8mb

Is there a PBO decrypter that can handle files larger than 8mb?

The one that Molotov released can't decrypt past 8mb, which is annoying.

And why can't it decrypt any compressed PBO?? I'm sure someone has asked already, but I'm too lazy to use the Search Engine.

I have that too.

I got from you a while ago.

But if a PBO is larger than 8mb, then it usually means that it has a shitload of scripts and sound files.

So DeSQM wouldn't be efficient enough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ May 14 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if a PBO is larger than 8mb, then it usually means that it has a shitload of scripts and sound files.

So DeSQM wouldn't be efficient enough.<span id='postcolor'>

You mixed up DePBO and DeSQM in your last post.

To the best of my knowledge, DePBO will expand any PBO of any size.

Are you saying that your compressed MISSION.SQM file is greater than 8MB? Is this an official mission? If it is, I used DePBO and DeSQM successfully on all original SP and campaign missions.

i'm too dumb for desqm...always spat out a bunch of numbers confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 15 2002,02:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ May 14 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if a PBO is larger than 8mb, then it usually means that it has a shitload of scripts and sound files.

So DeSQM wouldn't be efficient enough.<span id='postcolor'>

You mixed up DePBO and DeSQM in your last post.

To the best of my knowledge, DePBO will expand any PBO of any size.

Are you saying that your compressed MISSION.SQM file is greater than 8MB? Is this an official mission? If it is, I used DePBO and DeSQM successfully on all original SP and campaign missions.<span id='postcolor'>

Noo... I don't mean just the mission.sqm.

I mean the entire PBO.

User-made missions usually have every file in their pbo compressed(encrypted).

This includes sound files, pictures, scripts etc.

DeSQM only decrypts one file at a time, which is too slow when you have over 100 files to decrypt.

So far, Molotov's "PBO_Extractor" is the only program that decypts every file in the PBO. It's only flaw is that it can't decrypt PBOs larger than 8mb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 15 2002,02:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who is encrypting sound files (ogg?) and pics (paa?) ?<span id='postcolor'>

Take DevilChaser's Firelord mission for example.

Every file in there is compressed(encrypted).

Even the pictures, and sound files.

I don't know how they do it.

But at least 80% of the missions I download are like that.

I just want to decrypt them.

i tried extracting with depbo, and pboing without the sounds and it just said invalid pbo file that time biggrin.gif but yes firelord and several others are like that, i never realized how many scripts that thing had.

I think ogg drop compresses and encrypts oggs, it seems to make them unreadable too except in flashpoint.

Wrongo, all of yas!

I ICQ'd DevilChaser today. He password protected the PBO. So, unless you unpack them with the password, the unpacked files are jibberish.

You may ask, how do you specify a password to DePBO? The answer is you can't. You need BIS' DePBO program, which can be run from a command line, with a password parm as command input.

Don't try looking for the program. DevilChaser got it as a present from BIS for Firelord's good showing in a best mission contest held some time ago.

tell me about it only chosen peps get the good tools whats the big secret anyhow come bis i got a decrypter it works with most missions but some it don't. like i made a map sent to my mp folder then tried to decrypt it and no go so im not sure why this is confused.gif but for most user made maps it works np i use it to look first hand in the editor how they do certain things still can be very difficult to figure out biggrin.gif but thats how ive learned how to do most things

ps : bis is so vage about tutorials whats the game ?