Sign in to follow this  
khugan

Name That Mission

I have searched, but I cannot find this mission I played about a year or so ago so I thought I would start a thread about missions that lost their names. :cool:

Ok, it's night and you are USMC Recon or Razor but for some reason you are packing Kobras. You start off in a field a little west of Gorka. You move north on a camp area of two or three tents and a campfire. Sometimes there were opfor there, sometimes not, and a UAZ.

The next step of the mission leads you to Gorka at that barn area (096, 064). There are random patrols along the way and a group or two that you take out in Gorka. I think the objective is that you are looking for something, or info perhaps.

From there you head to the house on the hill top at 080, 060 and take out a group around a campfire there. When you've done x, y, and z you meet a Napa contact in a field at around 081, 053

Finally I think the mission ends (maybe not) when you take out a larger force in the town of Grishino.

The mission was a lot of fun, there were random patrols, light armor encounters, and you had to resupply and gear up as you went along. I wish I had more details, but my memory is fuzzy on this. If you have a clue, I would appreciate any leads. Drop an H6 down on the map and fly to the locations to see if it jogs your memory. :p

If you have a mission you are looking for, feel free to post it here as well. That is if W0lle or Zipper doesn't lock it! :D

Ironically, that would be the mission from my campaign, Operation Cobalt, that goes by the same name. It's mission #5. Even more ironically, I just released an update for it to optimize it for Combined Operations usage. You can find it here. :D

And hey, if you like it, would you want to show your support by voting for the campaign in the Best Mission / Campaign Of The Year 2010 in the Community Awards?

/shamelessPlug

Edited by Zipper5

Wow. I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't know that :o and really surprised! I guess I had myself convinced that it was a single mission and not part of a campaign.

I've been meaning to replay Operation Cobalt but I wanted to figure out what this mission was first. :D I'm going to bed before I hurt myself. Thanks Zipper... two times.