Sign in to follow this  
Hanzu

EW campaign Host button greyed out, why?

I have 4 default campaigns that came with Arma 2 Combined Operations and patch installs.

• Harvest Red
  • Operation Arrowhead
  • Operation Black Gauntlet
  • EW

I can host all other campaign except EW where Host button is greyed out. Why is this? Never tried EW (Eagle Wing?) before, so I don't know if it has worked with earlier patches.

Using latest V1.57.76815 beta (hopefully it is not because of that).

Eagle Wing, as well as the BAF DLC's Operation Crimson Lance, are not MP compatible, therefore you cannot host them unless you modify them yourselves. It has been that way since they were released.

Thank you Zipper! What a relief. :)

I have been hosting Harvest Red for friends for past months and documented many known and new multiplayer only related campaign bugs. So if campaigns where MP is enabled by default are like this, I can only imagine how many bugs there would be with MP modified EW campaign. :eek:

I think PMC (Lite)'s Operation Black Gauntlet is limited to 2 players just because also devs have now realized game is not yet in condition to run stable, desyncless and less buggy with campaigns where maximum player number is 4. My experience is that they are bugging much more when there are 3-4 players, than when playing just with 2 players.