Sign in to follow this  
sgt5th

ArmA graphics installation issue:

I'm trying to install ArmA on a new PC, and am getting the following error message: "Display adapter does not support format D24S8 for X8R8G8B8". I tried to turn the hardware acceleration up in the display properties, but this is not an option for me (I'm running windows 7) here are some specs:

Gateway DX4320-02e PC - AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core 820 2.8GHz, 6GB DDR3, 640GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, ATI Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics, driver version 8.710.0.0. I updated my driver to a newer version and have the same problem. Any help???

Yes, I'm installing the first one. I didn't think a PC could be too good to run this. I tried running it in compatibility modes for XPsp2 and XPsp3 as well.

The computer´s not too good but the graphics card is too weak:

integrated graphics with shared memory will not even run ArmA1 properly :(

The computer´s not too good but the graphics card is too weak:

integrated graphics with shared memory will not even run ArmA1 properly :(

That's odd. Seems to run other games and such fine, and my old PC with a GeForce 6800GT (4xAGP i think) actually ran ArmA on the lower settings with very little lag. Sometimes the game actually launches, but it does not display/run properly, everything looks like a pastel drawing and no menus or text are readable.