Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

How do i get an apc to act like the m113 in

Ya know the intro on malden where theres an M113 and a squad moving into Lolisse, and the APC is going slow, letting the infantry keep up with it, even though there are enemies present and they are engaging them as a team? How do i get a bradley to act like that?

if the behaviour is careless, wont it not engage targets?

Just open up the intro mission in the editor, and see.

You can find those Island intro's in the Anim.pbo under the DTA directory.

Tried what LaserGuidedBunnyRabbit suggested. Didnt work. I put this setbehaviour "SAFE" in the init field of the vehicle, and behaviour - SAFE and speed - Limited on the waypoint. They still turned in and went normal speed when they saw an enemy.

Doesn't it work when the APC as part of the infantry squad.

I remember, sometimes in the campaign when I was part of a tank platoon and another crew left its tank, my driver always drove as slow as the others could walk. However, I can't remember whether I was the leader or the blown up tank...

figured it out! You do it like this. Infantry men have to be leading the armor, whatever it is, and you have to use the AllowGetin command to make it so that the infantry wont get in the armor if its an APC; they'll do this by default. Then you make a waypoint for the lead infantry guy with the atributes: Behaviour STEALTH, formation COLUMN, speed LIMITED.

The only drawback is that if the infantry guy gets killed, the armor picks up speed. However, you can remedy this by simply grouping other infantry guys of the same rank with the guy leading the armor. If you only use two armored vehicles, you can have up to six guys leading the armor. That way, up to five of them can die before the armor picks up speed and leaves you behind.

have you tried just to lock the vehicle? Just like in the edit menu once you create a unit you know where you choose east west and all that? There should be a button somewhere thats says locked unlocked default.

I dunno ...worked for me? confused.gif

yeah, that function just makes it so that you cant pilot a vehicle as a gunner, commander, or driver. You can still get in cargo even if its "locked"