Sign in to follow this  
Pestilence

"After Montignac"

Okay, here's the deal...I'm waiting in the tent, and all of the sudden gunfire breaks out. So automatically I drop to the floor. While looking outside, I see the russians are returning fire to god knows who. Any way...the guard near the front opens fire killing me. I have no clue what to do. I've tried running out of the tent, but of course, I get shot. LOL I've even tried to salute the guard near the tent thinking he wouldn't open fire ::slaps forehead:: I've also just sat down, but that did no good. So my Question is, what now? Is there some sort of bug? Should I re-start the mission? Advice please.

Strange.

The plot is that the rebel forces are coming to save you like a knight in a shiny armour on a white stallion. The shoot-out should last only a few seconds, since this "mission" is more like an interactive cutscene than a real mission.

The only way I have got shot in this mission was diving out of the tent, grabbing an AK-47 from a dead soldier and start ing blasting. If you are unarmed and you stay inside the tent they shouldn't come after you.

If you can't survive the couple of seconds needed for this mission, then I see no other option than to restart it.

(Edited by Spitfire at 4:24 pm on Nov. 22, 2001)

I was killed to in the cutscene the first time, but the second time i was shot and tought i was dead but then a cutscene followed that i was saved.

Gorgi

When I did it, the guard was the first to be shot.. I grabbed his weapon.. started blasting away... then realized I had killed to friendly Machine-gunners who were fighting the Soviets.... OOOPS!

I'm stuck here as well. I make it to the tent and then get taken prisoner. After the gunfight between the rebels and the Sov's the misson review says nobody has a clue where I am and I can start all over again.

What I am missing? Should some body of my platoon still be alive to make contact or should I pick up a radio somewhere?

I'm pretty annoyed because each time I got to the tent I've left a trail of burning T72 and BMP's and a nice body count. It's a good scoring level if you know where to hit and where to run to . Even shot down a Hind once with a LAW.

Thanks

Nijnrich

I did the same thing, died the 1st time, second time I grabbed a dead Soviet's gun and started shooting everyone, even the resistance. The mission before that one is my favorite mission in the game. Trying to run across a valley with people firing at you is real exhilerating.

Montignac is not running through a valley, it's securing 2 villages

Vill. 1 sneeking up a hill, wait for your mates to blow up a BMP and then run in to the village with guns and grenade laaunchers blazing

Vill. 2 running up a hill with guns and grenades laaunchers blazing, sneek into the village and then wait for your mates to blow up a BMP .

After that is to try to annoy a Hind and to stay alive as well.