Sign in to follow this  
Firest0rmZX

Random Display Driver Crashes

While playing ArmA 2: OA I get display driver crashes that seem to happen in all kinds of situations. The screen resolution refreshes and screen goes black, but than it stays black until i exit the game.

This has happened 5 minutes into a game at times, and up to 4 hours at other times.

The most frustrating part of this is that when i try to run any 3d application after this happens i get about 30% of normal performance. I have to restart my PC to regain 100% 3d performance.

If I could get any known way to fix my display driver after one of these crashes so I don't have to reboot that would alleviate the most frustrating part of this problem.

Drivers are up to date.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PC Specs:

Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8ghz

6GB RAM

EVGA GTX 275 1792mb

ASUS P6X mobo

Hey i had this problem for a while turns out my GPU was faulty. Sent it off got a new GPU and seems to be alright.

Maybe you have the same problem?

Hope it helps if not sorry.

I believe i know the problem that you are talking about. Assuming that it is like my black screen problems, you can still hear, move, interact within the game. While i do not know why it occurs, i do know how to "fix" it. Hold Left Shift and press the - key on your number pad. Type "flush" (without quotes). you wont see anything like a console but it will bring you to the "receiving" screen and reload everything. At least this is what works for me.

I believe i know the problem that you are talking about. Assuming that it is like my black screen problems, you can still hear, move, interact within the game. While i do not know why it occurs, i do know how to "fix" it. Hold Left Shift and press the - key on your number pad. Type "flush" (without quotes). you wont see anything like a console but it will bring you to the "receiving" screen and reload everything. At least this is what works for me.

Yes this is my problem, I'll see if that works. Thanks.

It's not a faulty GPU though as this would happen in other graphic intensive games (GTA 4, Crysis, BC2) I would think.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Yes this is my problem, I'll see if that works. Thanks.

It's not a faulty GPU though as this would happen in other graphic intensive games (GTA 4, Crysis, BC2) I would think.

This got my screen back, but it doesn't do anything for the performance hit. Before the display driver crashes i run 40-50 fps, after it crashes 10-15 fps even if i restart the game.

Yeah, I have this since ArmA 1 on quite a few different hardware and OS. In all this years I havent found out what causes this. And yes, happens only in ArmA. I should probably make a ticket on CIT if its not already.

Yeah, I have this since ArmA 1 on quite a few different hardware and OS. In all this years I havent found out what causes this. And yes, happens only in ArmA. I should probably make a ticket on CIT if its not already.

Yeah, its extremely frustrating, it just happened to me again and I'm going to have to restart my computer before i can play any games. Any game i try to play lags severely.

ArmA 2 is the only game out of my dozens that causes this problem, its not heat related either my hardware is all abnormally cold (35 C at CPU and 55 at GPU) while playing.