Sign in to follow this  
Otterbear

Reinforcement bug? or bad editing?

I hope this is the right place...

I have created a simple user mission and added the SOM Module.

The trouble I'm having though, happens in EVERY mission I create using the SOM.

I'm engaged in taking a position/securing a position, or any of the other varied missions the SOM assigns.

Problem...If I loose a man,(or more), I HAVE to OK the reinforcements...or time runs out and they RTB on me. More often than not, the reinforcement chopper, flies directly over the ONLY active enemy position on the map and gets shot down. Leaving me PERMANENTLY short of men.:butbut:

Question: Why is the reinforcement query response time so darn short?

Warning: Common Sense statement coming: I'm obviously not doing well if I've lost men... and most likely I've got bullets whizzing past my head...so its probably not the best time to say..."Do you want me to send reinforcements?...Huh? ...Huh? ...Huh?...TIMES UP!:eek:

This then cause the other completely unnecessary result...loss of more men while the chopper is in route, because I had to OK the replacements before I was even in a position to properly do so.

The player/commander should be allowed to call for replacements at the time of his choosing. NOT in the middle of the engagement.

He should have the option of Breaking off the engagement or finishing the assigned task and THEN dealing with the issue of losses.

Sorry I forgot to add the common sense warning here. Mods please feel free to do so.

Edited by Otterbear