Sign in to follow this  
pino69

About the use of Arma 2 campaigns with OA

I didn't exactly find answer to that question : can I launch Arma II campaigns using OA executable ? If I launch (user made) Arma 2 campaign with OA, will I benefit of the better performances and new functionalities of OA ? :confused:

Thank you for the answers.

I didn't exactly find answer to that question : can I launch Arma II campaigns using OA executable ? If I launch (user made) Arma 2 campaign with OA, will I benefit of the better performances and new functionalities of OA ? :confused:

Thank you for the answers.

Offcourse you can launch everything if you loaded up A2+OA/Combined Ops but you wont notice that much difference.

First of all the Performance difference is very subtile, at least for me, second Chernarus is more demanding than Takistan so dont hope to expect any bigger performance increase.

Feature wise you also will not see much as most OA features still arent applied to A2 like Thermal view for A2 vehicles and such.

Yet thats where some Mods step in and fix that untill BIS finally does it.

Cherno is mega lag for me, Takistan is as smooth as a baby's bottom (i don't feel baby's bottoms just to clear things up)

Feature wise you also will not see much as most OA features still arent applied to A2 like Thermal view for A2 vehicles and such.

Others are, like SSAO which makes Chernarus the most beautiful place in the virtual world, and some other nice additions from OA like the screenshake when you fire a weapon and the shaking of the camera when a vehicles drives past.