Sign in to follow this  
Zowlyfon

Possible FADE on LEGAL copy of Arma 2, Or glitch

Hi, I recently purchased Arma 2 CD with Key from Ebay (Second Hand, Only used once). I was fine for the first day, but when I started using mods I first noticed it, could be coincidence but when I disabled the mods, it didnt go away. to use these mods I used linebackers launcher.

Whenever I shoot the bullet lands to the right and diagonly downwards, other than that its accurate landing in that position. I heard a horn sound while playing on multiplayer and my game is getting a little slower.

Mods:

Community Base Addon

CBA_A2

Advanced Combat Enviroment

Edited by Zowlyfon

I recommend that the next time you look to buy a game from eBay you should do research as to whether or not people have experienced issues doing so. It's more than likely that you are suffering from FADE if you're buying it second hand across such a service as eBay, as the person you bought it from probably has not uninstalled it properly, if at all.

The only way to fix this is to buy a copy from official distributors. Might I ask, out of curiosity, why you chose eBay instead of the latter method? There have been countless tales of issues buying games from eBay.

The horn during mp is normal....again. Sweet feature for alerting players in your path.

Otherwise, Zipper5 has sumed it up for you.

Thanks for the response, I will contact my ebay seller. Also, I chose ebay because I cant afford it from retail sellers. And pirating is bad.

I'd recommend getting CO, much more bang for your buck =D

Also, don't buy keys or such, as you will always have to pay twice ;)

I mean this here:

http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=sprocket.tpl&product_id=33&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Top service, as it is directly provided by BI and an amazing price on top of it, considering i paid around 60€ for both ArmA2 and OA when they came out.