Sign in to follow this  
santafee

Ah64-Bulletproof Glass?!

Just did a test with the latest beta to see how bad the AI really flys with the latest chopper bug. I was the Gunner in the Ah64, my pilot was flying 20-25 meters over some milita infantry, then ziiing, screen turns red.

since when can AK47 bullets, mg bullets or sniper bullets go trough the AH64´s glas that easy? another major bug...?:confused:

there was only 1 enemy infantry milita squad[standard uses of groups] on the map, so only small arms....

wiki says the front and side glass of the cockpit is bulletproofed till 12.7mm. none of those guys in a simple group got any of that caliber, right?

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

wups...missed that thread, thanks.

still theres no clear answer in it, i personally think the front glas of the gunner cockpit is way to weak, wiki says the same. i dont need things to pe 100% accurate but i was very surprised that 1 salve of a machingeun could easily penedrate the glas..some mod please move this..ty

I was on a server once where we finally ended up getting 25 people into a C-130 and were preparing for an Epic Paradropâ„¢ video. On takeoff our pilot got shot by some random AI near the base and started bleeding out. :)

Same story with many other choppers like ka-52, ah-1z

Worse.. Silenced m9 can go right thru... and on trucks, hummvee also breaks the glass in 1 or 2 shots....non silence doesnt.. figure THAT one out...