Sign in to follow this  
Casto

When is patch 1.50 coming ?

topic says enough..........

what would we need another patch for? Patches are normally to fix bugs.....as far as i know most bugs have been fixed

fixed? have you seen the way the AI acts since 1.46?

"2 gunner get in chopper"

2 stands and looks around like an idiot

"2 negative"

you fly the chopper and land right next to him

"2 gunner get in chopper"

"2 negative"

"2 is down"

Well yea guess they made the AI kind of lazy wink.gif

actually i never had that problem

I never had that problem either. And i'm playing with AI a alot. They're enbarking without problems. tounge.gif

jeez i get these almost every mission i play, maybe i'm cursed or some addon is causing problems

Or maybe the AI doesnt like you because you keep shooting at them wink.gif

just doing my job tounge.gif i now reserve the AI to

1: hiding and healing me when i get shot

2: setting up a mobile base and guarding it

3: driving when there's no threat of the enemy showing up and i need to pee

4: ambushes. if i can get close enough a 12 person squad all given seperate targets and told to fire at the same time can be devestating

5: supplying me with ammo biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's the problem the AI doesn't do what it is told anymore. I was setting an ambush last night and had all my guys on hold fire and was assigning targets and in the middle of it some of my guys started shooting, wreaching my ambush.

Also when I tell my men to move to a position they don't stay there. If I don't tell them to stop they will wonder off and get themselves killed and tip the enemy off that we are there.

The AI is definitly a little wonky with the last patch. I don't remember having this problem before.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ May 05 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, that's the problem the AI doesn't do what it is told anymore. I was setting an ambush last night and had all my guys on hold fire and was assigning targets and in the middle of it some of my guys started shooting, wreaching my ambush.

Also when I tell my men to move to a position they don't stay there. If I don't tell them to stop they will wonder off and get themselves killed and tip the enemy off that we are there.

The AI is definitly a little wonky with the last patch. I don't remember having this problem before.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

I don't remember having this problem now. tounge.gif

The AI is screwed up for me too. Sometimes when an AI is flying a plane, and I tell it to go somewhere, it says "Can't get there." How the hell can you not get there when you are flying a freakin plane. Is there some sort of invisible barrier that I dont know about?

What i do have is that the AI loves to scretch there planes against the ground. Specially hills

and two things that should be add in the patch is parachute shooting and when the AI sees a dead body they go in aware mode if there at safe......

you mean someone would react if they stumbled across a dead guy on their side in the middle of their base in real life?

maybe they were trained to stop, think, count to 10 but they don't know how to get past 7?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ May 05 2002,11:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ May 05 2002,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, that's the problem the AI doesn't do what it is told anymore. I was setting an ambush last night and had all my guys on hold fire and was assigning targets and in the middle of it some of my guys started shooting, wreaching my ambush.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

I don't remember having this problem now. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Really?

Man it sucks right now. Come to think of it, Advance, flank left and flank right aren't working either. I give the orders to my red team and they just sit there. My tatics for fighting aren't working and it's frustrating me to no end.

Time to experiment. Are you running Satchel's sound mod? I'll try disabling that and see what happens.

COLINMAN

LOL. Everything really works fine for me. I just played four missions and everything is ok. I really don't understand.

I don't use unoffical addons. I don't have Satchel's sound mod then.

the ai has problems real bad problems.

I was playing that mission when you need to escape from the Prison and I manged to jump into the hind in the gunners sit so I open fire on the guys I can hit with the machine gun and the 2 piolets jump in the the hind with me and take off they even help me attack there base by doing fly bys!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ May 05 2002,13:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. Everything really works fine for me. I just played four missions and everything is ok. I really don't understand.

I don't use unoffical addons. I don't have Satchel's sound mod then.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok I figured it out. If I tell my men to move to a position, ie select man then click where I want them to go, then tell them to advance, nothing. Now if I tell them to return to formation, then advance, flank left, flank right, they will do it. Weird eh? Now this is something that should and could be fixed.

COLINMAN

My quess is look for one Big new patch around june 21. I'm sure the new island well be in it with the other stuff cause you would need that to play new maps on multiplayer. and th e most biggest thing is the netcode or what ever they did.

which is suppose to be alot better in the new Restiance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rage_Frost @ May 05 2002,23:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My quess is look for one Big new patch around june 21. I'm sure the new island well be in it with the other stuff cause you would need that to play new maps on multiplayer. and th e most biggest thing is the netcode or what ever they did.

which is suppose to be alot better in the new Restiance.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. New island for free. Are you dreaming lol. You'll have to buy resistance in order to play on that isalnd. They'll maybe release one patch to fix bugs, but that's all. wink.gif

*drools all over the place*

the thought of a new island is driving me crazy...considering how huge it ill be there will be so many damned missions...and i'm just about through memorizing every spot on the old ones except desert island (is that damn flat spot over here or over there?)