Sign in to follow this  
Nec

AI Laser target

Hi, i just want to know how can i use my AI Scout soldier (he has Laser Designator) to laser an enemy target while i am up in the air in my harrier. I already try the Action menu (6) but nothing appears there.....need help....THX

You don't need any fancy scripting to do this, assuming you want your scout to target an armored enemy vehicle. If the scout is under your command, then you can order him to move to a good position with a view of your intended target, but without being spotted. I would order him to hold fire so he doesn't start shooting at any infantry patrols nearby. When he has the vehicle in sight, then order him go prone to reduce the chances of being spotted. Next, order him to target the vehicle--he should switch from rifle to the laser designator when ordered to target a vehicle. You can't order him to switch to the laser through the action menu, but fortunately the AI are actually smart enough to use the designator on their own when targeting enemy armor.

Finally, order him to fire, which will turn on the laser designator. You can now get a lock on the laser designator target when you are in range. This works with laser guided and Hellfire missiles.

Edited by Xenios

I've set up a separate squad with scouts. Flying in an aircraft with LGBs, I have always had laser spots to track. From what I've seen, they will do this naturally.

ZF-