Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

Hotfix needed - 1.54 install bug causing player bans!

Not wishing to be an alarmist, but a player just tried to join my server and got banned for having hacked data ' missions_e.pbo'

I guess this means he had the 1.54 install bug and so downloaded a separate missions_e file, as per Jennik's instructions....

Does this mean we need a hotfix to latest arma2oaserver.exe?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Make that 3 players banned so far :(

no, but it seems an unlikely coincidence that missions_e.pbo has been 'hacked' in each case?

maybe its the server that has the wrong .bisign ? I dunno, just trying to find a logic explanation

yeah maybe a new key is needed??? don't really understand this stuff tbh

I just joined several servers running 1.54 with Jennick's files and it works fine... no kick and no ban. Are you sure u patched the server properly ? Maybe you have to put Jennick's files on the server

When I tried installing this morning, I had the mission_e problem. I quickly checked in the forum and found a post that you should run the 1.54 patch within your Arma 2 folder. That went off without a hitch so I *thought* all was well.

I happened to stumble on Jennick's files this evening before trying to join any servers, downloaded and compared it against mine and they were different, so I put in Jennick's. Had I not done this, I would have probably been another ban hammer victim, but I was lucky (I think). ;)

I think those 3 you refer to above were like me but didn't find Jennick's post before they tried to join your server.

ah that makes perfect sense - what a relief :)

Thanks for the explanation.