Sign in to follow this  
ArthurSimondet

Arma 2 Install + 1.07 Problem

Okay, so here is my problem...

I did a fresh install of Arma II. After the installation was complete, I knew I need to patch, so I went on the website, went to Game Updates and found the 1.00 - 1.07 and used the ArmedAssault.info mirror. After finishing the update, I booted the game, bottom right hand side it says 1.07.71750. When I go to Multiplayer, it says "Patch 1.07 Is Available" and whenever I attempt to join a game on Patch 1.07, I get through the role selection process and then it just sends me back to the Server Selection screen.

Somebody help please.

Could this be because there is Battleye installed?

Could this be because the wrong update was installed?

Running 64x Windows 7, Arma 2 installed in Program Files x86

You described my exact problems.

Have not played in a while seen there was a new patch and installed 1.05 to 1.07. I even tried the the demo's - Day demo froze but did resume - night demo could not make it all the way through then crashed to desktop. :rolleyes:

Will research more for a fix ?

I'm not getting any performance problems what so ever, single player, editor all works fine, but I just can't seem to connect to any 1.07 multiplayer games, and the weird message telling my patch 1.07 is available for download even after I installed it

its because you dont have battle eye installed. download the arma 2 be client for windows, you need to make a folder named BattlEye (copy and paste this one) and drop it into your arma main folder. also lots of servers are using a ca mod. and ace mod hope this helps

ps says 1.07 is available for everyone .

http://www.battleye.com/ forgot the link sorry

Edited by wigz

I can't believe Battleye is the main reason for the 1.07 patch problems :confused: but it is.

I found toxicshadow's reply first.

Thanks toxicshadow :D

Thanks for your reply wigz much appreciated. :yay:

There is only 32 bit version of battleye works for 64 as well thought I would mention that.

Thats quite frustrating that it says a patch is available even though you have it... But hey, so I downloaded the BattlEye client and server DLL and put it in a folder inside my Arma II directory and called it "BattlEye". I'll give it a try.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Works great, thanks for the help, post complete.