Sign in to follow this  
Swatman

anywhere i can download ARMA 2 legally?

I purchased ARMA 2 when it first came out last year, however I seem to have lost the game, but still have my manual with the CD key and box. so im wondering if theres a place i can legally download the game for free not having to purchase it again? thanks

Securom was removed in patch 1.05 i think. If you have a friend with an original copy, you can install it with your CDKey, update it to 1.07, and then you will have a legal copy installed without the need of the DVD to play.

I did this with OA. But now i am forced to use Beta patches because of the securom. My copy is from Steam and i wanted to install OA on my Arma2 folder, so i did but with an OA Dvd version with my cdkey plus the beta patch. When they release the next patch i'll need to go back to Steam version, or do the same thing in the steam folders. Until they decide to remove the securom shit. :icon13:

Anyway i don't know if BI has some sort of electronic download, like EA or Steam.

I purchased ARMA 2 when it first came out last year, however I seem to have lost the game, but still have my manual with the CD key and box. so im wondering if theres a place i can legally download the game for free not having to purchase it again? thanks

Well, just download the "backup" from some torrent site, i had simmilar problem, my DVDRW died. DVDRW are dirt cheap, but i just dont want it, becouse i think it is pointless to have one, just as floppy (everything you can do with floppy and dvd drives in modern pcs u can do with USB drive).

If u have original cd key (I do), just maunt image with deamon tools and isnstall the game (and instalation is allot faster with USB drive).