Sign in to follow this  
vshadow

Module differences, and usage.

I have searched and not been able to find an answer to this.

When having a play with the editor on OA I noticed some modules which are not listed on the wiki and wondered what they were.

Ambient civilians (expansion) I’m guessing is the original arma 2 module? (Or is it the new one)

There is also Artillery- virtual piece, this is a module that I would like to know the use of.

On a slightly off topic question I’m having trouble getting wildlife and civilians to generate, is it as simple as placing the module and nothing else, or do I need to add something else somewhere.

the ones listed above are not, as its only just Artillery that is on there. I'm asking about "Artillery-virtual piece" module, which as far as I can see is different.

the same a the civilian module I listed.

Well even though Virtual Artillery is not listed itself as a module, it might be not be a bad idea to just check out Artillery anyway, just in case there was something about it: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artillery_Module#Virtual_Artillery.

Regarding the civilian module, I've only tested it a couple of times, however it's usage was exactly the same as the old in my tests.

ah OK my bad on the artillery, must have scrolled pass it.

The civilian module is one for arma2 civilians and one for oa civilians then? also how do you get it to work as it never seems to work for me :(

Yes one for both. As I said it won't work properly in MP. However in SP (or editor) you basically just have to put the module on the map and you're done. However, they won't magically spawn all at once or immediately if you start near a city; it will take a bit of time, about 45s in my testing before the first civilian appears.

Strangely I do not seem to be able to use the new civilian module together with civilian vehicles so don't do that.

You can tweak some of the settings as shown on the wiki, however, I could not get the commands starting with ALICE_ to work properly, the others seemed fine (I did not test this for all options).

Strangely I do not seem to be able to use the new civilian module together with civilian vehicles so don't do that.

That will be my problem then

Ambient Civilians (Expansion) and Ambient Civilian Vehicles work just fine together. If you're planning to use this on a server though make sure you use the ALICE workaround.