HAL 1.22 released. HAL 1.22 (Armaholic) HAL 1.22 (Dropbox) HAL 1.22 (Zippyshare) PDF manual   HAL 1.23 wip for testing purposes. New config variables listed here.    HAL development is continued in new directions by @NinjaRider600 : HAL NR6 Edition NR6 Pack INTRODUCTION HAL is intended to enliven the battlefield of Arma 3 the same way a human leader would operate. HAL does not deal with the manner in which orders are executed (unit level), but mainly deals with the issuing of orders. In other words, this addon gives one or both sides of a conflict a field-commander level AI. HAL control is mostly based on issuing waypoints, and as much as possible HAL avoids interfering with low-level AI. In other words, HAL focuses on giving orders, rather than on the way in which orders will be executed. HAL gives new, higher level AI, rather than changing the existing AI. There are only a very few exceptions to this rule, and generally these are optional. HAL should therefore enrich the gaming experience with new features, without conflicts with other addons. HAL is intended to complement their effects rather than to compete with them for control over units (at least for those addons that do not mess with waypoints). HAL can serve as an instant battle generator as well as a general player opponent, or as base for complex missions and/or gameplay modes. Addon version requires Community Base Addons. ----- USAGE To activate HAL for one side, one of the units of that side must be named LeaderHQ. Essential also is the placement on the map of any object (for example, an empty trigger) named RydHQ_Obj1. The location is entirely your choice. Its position will designate a target point which the Artificial Commander will try to conquer at first (for example, a spot near the leader of the opposing side). Analogously, there should be placed in freely chosen areas (eg in cities, strategic positions or simply nearby opposite Leader) three other objectives (RydHQ_Obj2, RydHQ_Obj3, RydHQ_Obj4), which will be conquered in numerical order. If the mission designer wants less than four objectives, then simply place the unneeded objectives at same position as the ultimate objective. For the script version only, to initialize HAL the following code should also be executed in some way, e.g., by placing the following script in the init field of any object (for example, in the activation field of an empty trigger or waypoint): nul = [] execVM "RydHQInit.sqf"; Alternatively, that line may be placed at the end of a mission's init.sqf. Init.sqf is recommended place for init config variables (beacuse of better readability), especially for bigger configs, eg containing RHQ arrays. See included manual for all details, and there is lots of them. ----- ALTERNATIVE SOUND SETS FOR RADIO CHATTER SoundSets (4) ----- TO DO ----- MY THANKS To all people, that helped me earlier with HAC and did first steps towards Hetman in A3 before me. But especially those, who funded me Arma 3 game, so I could release HAL so soon. ----- SAMPLE MISSIONS HETMAN: War Stories ----- BUG REPORTING Any feedback, ideas, bug reports are highly appreciated. This allows me to develop Hetman further and faster. You can expect even faster fixing, if bug is reported properly. That means exact and detailed description of the problem and circumstancies of its occurance, any suspicious RPT logs. In most cases crucial is provided repro mission. That means uploaded, ready-to-play mission without any addon dependencies except HAL (so also CBA, bug must occur without any other addons), where I can reliably see reported bug "in action". Such repro is huge help. Helpful is also info about overall circumstancies, like kind of gameplay (single, server, dedi, client...), version of HAL (addon/script), game branch (stable/dev), if PC is good enough for Arma 3... ----- Addon was created "by player for players", source scripts you can freely modify, copy, "cannibalize", to use in your projects. It is released under APL-SA license. I'll be grateful for notification about each such usage. Voice acting: DuddBudda, SiC_Disaster, nettrucker. Enjoy being under control. Rydygier