//================================================== ====================// "PUSH AND KILL" FOR ARMA 3: ALPHA VERSION 2.0 CREATED BY JON HILLENBRAND (FEINT) WWW.JONHILLENBRAND.COM //================================================== ====================// Contacts: ================= Website: http://www.jonhillenbrand.com Facebook: http://fb.com/feintgames/ Required game: Arma3: Alpha (dev) ================= Tested with Arma 3: Alpha version 0.53.103696 Required addons: ================= none Description: ================= Frustrated that beaching a boat would make it unusable, I decided to start pushing them around. Then I started pushing around cars. Then quads. Then containers. Then stacks of bricks... you get the idea. This addon adds the ability for players to push vehicles and objects in the direction that they are looking. There are two versions: Module version and a Script version. See below for installation. In version 2.0, I add the ability to push or kill people if you are close enough to them. You can turn these features on and off. See below. NOTE: This version completely replaces version 1.0. If you have that installed, please delete it before installing version 2.0 Example Video for version 2.0 here (demonstrating new additional features): Example Video for version 1.0 here: Features: ================= Ability to push around vehicles and objects. Ability to push people. Ability to kill people. Ability to turn these features off (for people). Changelog/known bugs: ================= v. 2.0 = SECOND RELEASE RENAMED TO "PUSH AND KILL" (04/03/2013) v. 1.0 = INITIAL RELEASE (03/17/2013) - DENEGRATED KNOWN BUGS: ================= 1) If you stand too close to an object you are moving, it will damage you (it hits you). 2) Only the following classes can be pushed: AllVehicles, Thing, Object. Some objects don't fall within these categories. 3) On soft surfaces like sand, some objects can be thrown quite far (like trucks) 4) Helicopters can't be pushed - they just seem to take damage Installation: ================= INSTALLATION (MODULE): 0) Delete @PUSH-FEINT folder 1) Copy @PUSH_KILL-FEINT to Arma3 folder 2) In game, activate @PUSH_KILL-FEINT addon 3) Restart Game 4) Go into Editor 5) Add Push module 6) Add player 7) Add vehicle 8) Preview Mission 9) Go into Options > Controls > Keyboard > Custom Controls 10) Set a key for "Use Custom 11" (TIP: I set mine to Caps Lock) 11) Use that key to push the vehicle (once per second) INSTALLATION (SCRIPT): (see included mission for details) EDIT: If the mission doesn't work, here are the steps to make it work (to be tested & confirmed): Make a new mission and save it.
Copy everything from the original mission folder (folders, init.sqf, description.ext) and place into your new saved mission.
Play and enjoy.
Follow instructions in the readme to turn on and off the push and kill functions for people.
TO TURN OFF PUSHING OF PEOPLE: If using Module version, open the module and in the "init" line add the following: player setVariable ["cantPushPeople",1,true]; (note: You will still be able to kill people if you only turn off pushing.) TO TURN OFF KILLING OR PUSHING OF PEOPLE: If using Module Version, open the module and in the "init" line add the following: player setVariable ["cantKillPeople",1,true]; (note: You will still be able to push people if you only turn off killing.) Credits: ================= Credit for textures goes to Feint Sound effect was a free download for non-commercial use The Arma2 community is full of very helpful people and without them, this addon would not have been possible. On this particular project, knowledge I gained while working on my Underwater Diving Module and Aerial Refueling Scripts really helped. Please see those readMe files for specific people who helped me along the way. Disclaimer/License: ================= By use of this addon, you agree to the following: Any unauthorized modification and re-release of the released files is not allowed without written permission by the author(s). You are using these files at your own risk. Author(s) of those files are not liable for any damage or loss of data caused by use of these files. Usage of these files is prohibited for any commercial purposes. DOWNLOAD HERE: PUSH_KILL_BY_FEINT_V_2.rar MIRRORS: Push & Kill ver 2.0 (Arma 3 Alpha)