I think I hit "mid-development hell". This project is dead. I stop playing Arma all together. I recently returned due to the Jets DLC, and have begun working on a new campaign project with my sight sets at something much more in line with a mission I would want to play.   If I release, it will be a mission a time.   While I have been editing in Arma 3 since the Alpha, I was still a real novice. I have recently taken time to deconstruct the BIS missions and learnt new techniques, such as the powerful FSM editor.
As with everything, especially in Arma editing, you come across "revolutionary" lines of codes or scripts that just change the way you visualize missions. I think the first mind-blowing moment for any new editor is realising that you can script outside of the Arma editor by just using Notepad, then its learning of UnitPlay and animations and user-made scripts to implement into your mission. After that, for me, it was reducing the amount of scripts and taking advantage of conditions, especially the WaitUntil condition and the amount of parameters you can add. I think the latest revolution for is the FSM editor, it eliminates nearly all need for SQF and HPP scripts and puts everything in one convenient place with a visual guide. I am working on a mission very similar to the Jet showcase at the moment but its not finished. I do have a full story in my mind but its a long way a way.   I like creating story missions, rather than combat. Combat is a daunting feet for me, it feels like its too fluid and out of my hand, everything could just break because an AI goes haywire. This is something I need to overcome.