Hello modders! I'm Locklear, an encoder in BI, and you might have seen my posts around here on the forum, when I tried to help some of you with stuff and things (mostly the things). I usually (although not exclusively) work on characters and equipment, so I decided to create a guide for configuring those on the community wiki. The aim of the guide was to create a place for both new and veteran modders to go to when they need to understand or review some basics of the character and equipment configuration, and I hope this piece of documentation will help anyone interested in modding these parts of Arma 3 content. You can find the guide here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide. I created this thread so I can gather your feedback, questions, and suggestions regarding the guide. Should you feel anything is not clear enough, or perhaps altogether amiss, please let me know here. Please don't ask for help with a specific problem here, create a separate thread for such questions, as usual. May your time in your favourite text editor be merry and your bugs scarce!