Update - 31 August 2015 - Version 3.1.3 Released
Hey, this is my magazine repacking mod. It lets you consolidate your non-full magazines so that you don't just walk around with a bunch of almost-empty magazines all the time like an idiot.
- Allows the player to repack the ammo in his magazines.
- Default keybinding to open the Mag Repack dialog is "Ctrl+R", this can be customized via the options menu in the Mag Repack dialog.
- Pressing "Alt+Shift+Ctrl+Backspace" will reset the keybinding to the default setting (in case the player forgets what he changed his keybinding to).
- The player may choose a magazine from a list of all of his magazines to be the "Source" magazine and then he may choose a magazine from a list of all of his magazines of the same ammo type as the Source magazine to be the "Target" magazine (or vice versa). As soon as the Source and Target are both defined, bullets from the Source magazine will automatically start repacking into the Target magazine.
- The addon version requires CBA.
- This is my first time creating any kind of UI, and I haven't tested it out on a screen that isn't 1920x1080, so if your monitor has a different resolution, you should let me know how it looks...
- The mod lets you repack bullets from different kinds of magazines as long as the two magazines you're repacking use the same ammo. Unfortunately, there are some problems with the actual classnames of the different ammo types.
- For example:
- The '30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag' and '30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer' both use 'B_65x39_Caseless' rounds (meaning you can repack between tracer and non tracer magazines).
- The '150Rnd_762x51_Box' and '150Rnd_762x51_Box_Tracer' both use 'B_762x51_Tracer_Green' rounds.
- And the '20Rnd_762x51_Mag' uses 'B_762x51_Ball' rounds (meaning you can't repack from either of the 7.62mm box magazines into the 20Rnd 7.62mm magazine).
- I may release an update soon that will make the mod ignore the tracer part of tracer rounds so that you can repack any ammo type with its tracer counterpart. Or maybe BIS will fix the classnames, I dunno.
Future Plans (should I ever return to ArmA modding):
- Custom sounds
- Custom animations
- The option to keep empty magazines instead of automatically discarding them when you fire the last bullet. (Right now, I'm not sure this is possible. I created a script that would let you keep your empty magazines, but when you have a magazine with 0 bullets in your inventory, any scripting commands related to magazines don't work properly.)
- Ammo boxes (like the ammo crates currently in the game but filled with bullets instead of magazines) which can be carried in a backpack or deployed on the ground.
- The ability to repack from magazines in nearby players' inventories (with their permission).
Download (includes addon and script versions):
- Version 3.1.3 - 31/08/15
- Version 3.1.2 - 07/08/15
- Version 3.1.1 - 05/12/14
- Version 3.1.0 - 05/02/14
- Version 3.0.2 - 08/10/13
- Version 3.0.1 - 04/10/13
- Version 3.0.0 - 14/09/13
- Version 2.1.3 - 22/06/13
- Version 2.1.2 - 15/06/13
- Version 2.1.1 - 05/04/13
- Version 2.1 - 04/04/13
- Version 2 - 04/04/13
- Version 1.3 - 22/03/13