Welcome to Bis forums and Ragnarok'44 SHB2099!

You can try Ragnarok'44 with my IFA3WarMod, it may create conflicts somewhere but when in 1st person it should work, I haven't tested myself, but give it a try.

I almost forgot to ask you that does your IFA3WarMod only can be played with full version of IFA3? Or can it be played with IFA3(Lite Version)? Because Ragnarok'44 seems can only be played in Lite version of IFA3. Tell you a truth,I don't have the legal copy of Iron Front and the official developers of IFA3Lite told players "Don't buy Iron Front at this time" due to business problem (It was posted by developer "[gSD] kju",here is the link:( http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/660460283/357287935548214071/)and I agree with them,so although I really want to buy a legal copy of Iron Front and the price of it is really cheap,but to support the developers,I decide not to buy it at this time and I'm waiting for a native Iron Front of Arma3. Now I only have lite version of Iron Front as a mod in Arma3 and I also have two different versions of illegal copy of Iron Front(one is 1.02 version without D-Day DLC,another is 1.05 version with D-Day DLC,both of them have many bugs and some official single player campaign can't be accomplished due to bugs.) So,if your IFA3WarMod need the legal copy of converted full version of IFA3,then I can't play it, but if that's true,could you make IFA3WarMod playable with IFA3Lite?(Because I have a legal copy of Arma3.)

By the way,I want to know if the current developers of IFA3Lite are the same people from original Iron Front developer team "AWAR" company? Or among the current developers,how many of them are from AWAR company? What happened to AWAR company,is AWAR dead? But I notice that at the bottom of AWAR official site,the date of their copyright shows "© Awar 2016",so it seems AWAR is still alive,but all their official news are very old,their latest project called "Iron Clash",only has one news about this WIP project posted at 2013,and AWAR's Youtube channel's contents are 4 years ago...... 

My eyes are bleeding ... wall of textTM !

So you're asking if an illegal copy of IFA can be used..... for shame !

Regarding AWAR .. ask in that thread not here.

You did a good job comrade. 

I have one suggestion : could you add enable\disable autocombat function in squad's order list?

SHB2099 Just use IFA3 lite.

Before IFA3 Lite released IFA3WarMod was for the full converted version, it works for both, but works better with IFA3Lite.

Only real influence in Ragnaok'44 your going to see probably is when you play in 1st person yourself when you incarnate into a soldier or tank and get out, because IFA3WarMod

is geared towards the individual soldier as a player.

As far as AI you may see blood, death sounds, and some other misc things, depends, as far as the content in the mod like new weapons, tanks, ect,. in it, those as of 2 months

ago are have compatibility issues and you wont see any of those unless you edit the mission and add content yourself.

and I'm waiting for a native Iron Front of Arma3.

IFA3 Lite is what it is.

By the way,I want to know if the current developers of IFA3Lite are the same people from original Iron Front developer team "AWAR" company?

No their not, Awar are developers that built Iron front game itself, the IFA3 Lite team is managed by Kju, El Tyranos, Gulusstio and a couple others, then they have many devs (modders) and testers

that work on the mod as well as themselves. IFA3 Lite team are modders from the community here, Kju has worked along with the companies tho,

not for them but on some other terms, from him the whole Iron front in arma2OA, and Arma3 came about.

Iron Front on steam v1.05 is the official IF version, my former team in 2013 worked on the v1.06 patch that Awar didn't finish along side kju and we released that along with the IFA2 (Arma2OA) version of IF.

Iron front: Liberation 1944 is a full standalone game created by Awar, Published by DS (DeepSilver), there was X1 software, and Bis licensed the engine to Awar.

I dont want to get into the story but you can read a post i put together couple years back about what happened with Iron front the game and how we got a mod version of IF here:

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1283884757&postcount=6&forum=284517

In general lets stay on topic with Ragnarok here, questions or discussions about IF not related to the mission/mode here should go on the IFA3 thread or in the IF section,

or you can visit the IF Fan forums which i admin, and theres a ton of info there too.

As far as Ragnarok'44 goes I have a tutorial with video i recorded yesterday on how to build your own Ragnarok'44 missions, and on top of that will be

porting the next mission in the series and recording short gameplay vid of that, each mission I port/build will have a vid of it, and screenshots, so stay tuned!

I have one suggestion : could you add enable\disable autocombat function in squad's order list?

Squad's order list, as in their menu when you click on a squad?

I would be lucky if I knew how, Rydygier is the main coder/scripter of Ragnarok, all I can do is add the idea to the suggestion list which I will fix up a bit more on the OP.

It's unknown, when I'll have mind free enough to push something forward here. Likely approximation is "not soon". And bugfixing is a priority when this happen. 

Now, what exactly do you mean by autocombat? So they engage enemies autonomously, like they do by default in Arma? And how you imagine alternate state exactly? Describe some specifics of your requests. 

How-to-build-your-own-missions.jpg

The video will show you how to use the Ragnarok'44 demo mission as a template to setup and build your own missions.

The Tutorial below will go into detail on the folders, locations, and transfer of files.

Step by step, on how to locate, extract, move, copy n paste,

and have a working new mission for Ragnarok'44:

In video I showed you how to easily build your own Ragnarok'44 missions by using the demo mission as a template.

The following are the steps needed in order to setup a new mission for Ragnarok'44:

1st - Locate the Ragnark'44 demo.pbo this will be used as our template, it should be located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions

if you had installed and previously played it. (see screenshot)

2nd  Extract the pbo for demo mission with a tool that can open pbo's, this is what I use:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Other types: you can find on Dev heaven Tools page

• Depbo
  • Extractpbo

Using Pbomanager:

1. Start it up, and then click on the green button - (screenshot)

2. Locate the Ragnarok'44 Demo.pbo  - (screenshot) remember the pbo if you installed it there will be here in your Arma3 directory:

3. You want to extract the pbo - (screenshot)

4. After you have extracted the pbo you should get a folder with the same name as the pbo - (screenshot)

5. Move that mission folder to the mission folder of the editor which is located here for SP missions:

C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\Documents\Arma 3\missions (with your name in replace of mine of course) - (screenshot)

6. Open the Ragnarok'44 Demo mission folder - (screenshot) and you should see alot of files/scripts ect,,.

7. Copy all the files in the Ragnarok'44 Demo folder except its mission.sqm  - (screenshot)

8. Copy all the files in the Ragnarok'44 Demo folder to the mission you created in the editor (see video at top of post) (I created a Ragnarok'44 Paros Front mission on Altis) - (screenshot)

Remember that the new mission you saved in the editor will have its own mission.sqm!

Do not overwrite it with Ragnarok'44 Demo's mission.sqm

9. After you have copied the files to your mission folder, you can either save the mission and export it to sp which will create a pbo here:

or press preview and play your mission in the editor.

3rdAfter you have extracted the pbo, you will get a folder with the same name of the pbo you just extracted

(screenshot)

3a  - (optional) For those who are new to extracting pbos and are unsure Download the already extracted pbo of the demo instead,

then extract the zip and go to step 4 below -----> DOWNLOAD

4rth  - Move that folder to this location:
C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\Documents\Arma 3\missions
replace my name there with yours or whatever name you use

5th  - Once the folder is moved to that location, startup Arma3.

6th  - Once on the main menu go to the editor and choose Staszow map 1944

7th  - In the editor go to open (top left) and locate, and choose the mission Ragnarok'44_Demo

8th  - Once the mission is open, copy all on the map as seen in the video and then press Control C, this

will copy all the objects to your computer's clipboard.

9th  - Now go to New (top left) and choose a new map

10th  - Once on the new map choose the location where you want to build the mission, then press Control V, this will paste all objects, logic's, and triggers

from the previous map/mission.

11th  - Move the Dot markers to the bottom left of the map somewhere
Move the officers/player/object somewhere safe on flat ground away from where the battle will take place, then move

the Headquarters with triggers/objects to a safe place away from the battlefield area.

12th  - Move the Soviet HQ/objects/triggers to where you want them

13th  - Repeat step above for the Germans

14th  - Move all Strategic points (flags/gamelogic) to the locations you want for your mission.

15th  - Click on save as under save top left, and name your mission

16th  - Alt tab to your desktop, Refer to step 2 for this step, because after you have made your edits you want to transfer

the scripts/files from the demo mission.

17th  - Close both folders once done, and return to the editor, name your mission under attributes/general settings if you wish, save, and then

proceed to press the preview button which will allow you to play test the mission you just built, if everything is working correctly you should

see the loading screen/music ect,. and then finally arrive standing in front of a table with 2 officers there.
=============

For those that know what to do when a new mission is built and that you need to transfer the files, ect,. then just refer to steps 7-15
This concludes the tutorial, any questions feel free to ask, this tutorial is linked on the first post.

• Like 4

bugfixing is a priority when this happen.

When you do, I think this issue in my post here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/?p=3107220

and at end here with vid https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/?p=3107761

would maybe be priority, as they are game breaking, all the other stuff aside the Heavy and very tank allocations which are broke just need tweaking imo.

It's unknown, when I'll have mind free enough to push something forward here. Likely approximation is "not soon". And bugfixing is a priority when this happen. 

Now, what exactly do you mean by autocombat? So they engage enemies autonomously, like they do by default in Arma? And how you imagine alternate state exactly? Describe some specifics of your requests. 

Pretty sure he means something like this https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190847-fhq-combatmode/

My eyes are bleeding ... wall of textTM !

So you're asking if an illegal copy of IFA can be used..... for shame !

Regarding AWAR .. ask in that thread not here.

Sorry,but I have to post this one more irrelevant thread to this topic because I have to do some response...Sorry for that and due to English isn't my native language,so my english is poor. But did you scolded me on purpose? I don't think I was "For shame".There is misunderstanding in it. Maybe you hadn't read my last post carefully. I really respect developers of Iron Front and they touched me because there are less and less people develop WW2 themed games with advanced technology nowadays, without their effort,our exeperience of WW2 games may stagnate at 2001-2005 like Call of Duty 1/2/5 or Battlefield 1942. I was out of frustration to use the illegal copy of Iron Front due to the developers of Iron Front suggest us not to buy Iron Front at this point,so to support developers,I decide not to buy it at this point,but I'm afraid I will have no chance to experience this great game afterwards,and I just want to exeperience some single-player story and other features of the game,so I find some illegal copy of the game.And these illegal source was actually shared by some net friends who own the legal copy of the game.It just like if I own a legal copy of the game and if I have many brothers or sisters,of course I will share the game with them. Not still over, if I feel satisfied with the illegal copy of the game,then I will consider buying a legal copy of that at a right moment.

1.Wish for more playable missions that can feature Ragnarok'44 mod.

2.Why Ragnarok'44 mod only features Singleplayer,where is multiplayer for Ragnarok'44 mod?

Why Ragnarok'44 mod only features Singleplayer

Because, as for my part, it was written with singleplayer in mind. There's no multiplayer version. I personally do not plan to make such - I'm no MP fan, so never cared much about this aspect. WOO itself however, from what Mondkalb said on WOO Armaholic page, is MP compatibile by itself (or was in A2 times at least), so perhaps it's not that difficult to make MP version, thus if anyone willing and capable out there...

Wish for more playable missions that can feature Ragnarok'44 mod

Just read the thread for the good news. :) Gunter is the man, who likes to make such missions, while anyone can too:

Lastly I will be working on porting all the missions I built for the Arma2OA (IFA2 version) for IFA3, and will list them when they are done,

and will be recording a video for each mission as well. Coming to Steam workshop too!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/196146-sp-ragnarok44/page-2#entry3109121

Do we have permission to alter things in your code such as base AI skills while releasing new missions?

Best to ask Rydygier as he does all the coding and scripting, I see no issues with it, I'm sure he would be interested to know how it plays

out and whats changed for the sake of  possible conflicts maybe cant say.

• Like 1

Sure, I see no problem with changing my code, just let's avoid a mess with various versions circulating around, so please, if you want to release some parallel, "unofficial" version keep clear, it is such - customized and unofficial. Also note, any my planned further work with the code will be limited only to the main, official version, any other ports or customized editions may be updated in follow by their authors, as/if their authors like (for the plain ports is mostly question of copy&paste the files).

Update

Ragnarok'44 Demo on steam workshop has been updated as well as the MR download (zip).

changelog:

• added markers to each strategic point giving them titles
  • added various wrecks, destroyed tanks, and vehicles
  • moved 1 strategic point for balance and better access for the Soviets

Other updates: How to build your own missions tutorial

Added an extracted pbo of the Demo mission in a zip so you will have the mission folder, this is for those who want to build their own missions,

and never extracted pbo's before, the download for the zip can be found on step 3a on the mission building tutorial.

any questions let me know.

Lastly new missions coming this weekend, they are ports from Arma2OA IFA2 version, stay tuned!

Update

Ragnarok'44 Demo on steam workshop has been updated to v1.2 as well as the MR download (zip).

changelog:

Update: Oct 31 @ 11:17am

• adjusted the strategic points so they are more accessible by Soviets
  • adjusted markers for all the strategic points so they dont sit on top of thre SP's when you zoom out on map
  • added 2 markers for strategic points - 1 for Zaraz, and 1 for Nimiecice village
  • adjusted position of the Soviet base

Other updates:

Currently taking screenshots for a new mission ported to IFA3 while i play it,

and mission should be released either today or first thing Tuesday.

• Like 3

Mission

Download

City under Duress (zip) (v1.0)  - Steam Workshop

Description
With the Germans starting at a far distance, the Russian forces will move to occupy Staszow city with most of the strategic points captured,
forcing the Germans to come up with a new strategy to penetrate Russian defenses, capture the city and eliminate the Russian base.

You'll have a couple of options to approach this:
1. build up your numbers and then move to the city, considering you need points in order to build your forces you will only
be able to recruit so many infantry, or tanks because of the requirements

2. build a small force and get to the city right away while the Russians only have so many SP captured allowing you to build your forces quicker
once you have some SP's captured as you will have points coming in.

Other strategic options are possible, time and distance is against you in this.

Installation
Move the file --> Ragnarok'44-City_under_Duress.Staszow.pbo (from zip file)
to

Requirements - (see first post of thread for download)

changelog

• release
  • Like 2

"AUTOCOMBAT" - disables autonomous switching to COMBAT when in danger . https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI

For example you may do the same thing in High Command Converter . I think we need this one because when AI engages combat it ignores any further orders.

Recently I tested in editor AI with disabled "suppression" and "autocombat" (autodanger). This option enables you to force AI charge at enemy position ignoring enemy fire or make them retreat (if you engage tank or some HMG) . They run, fire , sometimes lie on the ground , then stand up and run again. Thats pretty good . I wish I see these options in this mission. Maybe I will upload video , if you ask about this. 

Cool, yes please do, would like to see this in the mission, AI dont respond enough.

Update

Download

Ivachev Clash (zip) (v1.0) - STEAM WORKSHOP

Description

Ported from IFA2 (Arma2OA) version to IFA3 Lite, Ivachev Clash is a small map with close strategic points, that will create possible stalemates,

the Russians will get a good foothold on this map,and capture a few objectives by the time you get any of your forces mobilized, they will put up a fight, once they get their

tanks rolling in your direction be sure you have some AT soldiers, and a tank or 2 to prevent them from overcoming positions.

Focus on taking objectives, fighting units from a specific area is a waste of time, as the Russians will have spread themselves well around the objectives, more objectives

captured means more supplies, and forces you can build and upgrade.
Be weary of this battle as the Russians will have you overwhelmed if you dont pay attention.

Installation
Move the file --> Ragnarok'44-Ivachev_Clash.ivachev.pbo (from zip file)
to

Requirements - (see first post of thread for download)

changelog

• release
  • Like 2

Wanted to let you guys know that Ivachev Clash imo is not really challenging, maybe for me as i been playing the Ragnarok'44 series since we created it,

but if you want a real challenge try the IFA2 version, they are vicious and relentless in that version, idk how many times they made it to my base and wiped

out half of it before i was able to recover, same goes for the other missions.

In the IFA3 version here HetmanA3 needs to be better configured, as well as the few issues as noted on the OP to be fixed

to really see an impact or difference in how the missions play.

I had another mission I was going to release before this one but after playing it and beating back the Soviets, and after they really

didn't respond well I felt it wasn't worth the time to do what i did here, so im up in the air about that mission, mission im referring to is called Szydlow Stalemate,

i ported it over from the IFA2 version, you can check out the IFA2 version here

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1281415359&postcount=34

watch the video.

Russians are pretty vicious in this, in the IFA3 version they give you a fight at first but after you get your points built and get into the city, Russians are no match,

Russians after that are easy to beat, IFA2 its a whole nother story, they keep coming back in some way or another, even kicking your ass,

i find the IFA2 versions a bit challenging but not so hard that they are unbeatable.

I think what i will do is continue to build missions for the IFA2 version which is for Arma2OA, but still work

on porting the remaining missions I have for IFA2 over to this IFA3 version as well as build new missions.

Missions for the IFA3 version will have a brief overview with random gameplay clips from the mission, as the IFA2 version

will have full video playthroughs.

Dont forget that Ivachev Clash is on Steam Workshop too!