Also please DO NOT SHARE this version on other websites

Does that mean there will be a hotfix?

• Like 1

This means it is only for testing purposes 'release candidate' version

• Like 1

This means it is only for testing purposes 'release candidate' version

I should've read the whole thing, sorry

Changelog:

- Fixed Zeus compatibility (make sure you choose all addons option in module)

AWESOME!! Thanks!

Is this version already up on Play with Six?

If not, any idea when it will be?

Looking forward to testing it out and to get it working again for my group.

I'm a little confused how to install this locally on my PC. So I either need the Mega app or a new browser?

Downloading on Mega as a guest, I don't see the file on my local PC. I just have Microsoft Edge and apparently it's not compatible with the file size.

I'm a little confused how to install this locally on my PC. So I either need the Mega app or a new browser?

Downloading on Mega as a guest, I don't see the file on my local PC. I just have Microsoft Edge and apparently it's not compatible with the file size.

I don't think you see it till it's finished downloading.

• Like 1

My units Dedicated Server has been freezing twoice now, when Project OPFOR veichles blow up.

Anyone know what it could be?

This is happening because of an error with Project Opfor and ACE cook-off (Or atleast it did on our server)

@Keeway, are you guys aware of this error?

Keeway. Dude, superb job! ISIS, the middle eastern civs, Peshmerga, ME Militia and Boko Haram are outstanding! :) This is all I've had a chance to look at by my goodness everything is amazing.

I did get an error, though I can't be sure it might not be RHS. Never seen it before until now though. I got this pop up error:

http://imgur.com/5TRib9a

When spawning next to this ISIS vehicle (could be a coincidence though):

http://imgur.com/1f2riSL

Remember to bring .rpt with your reports and tell me again what wrong with second screenshot :>?

• Like 1

Remember to bring .rpt with your reports and tell me again what wrong with second screenshot :>?

Sorry I wasn't clear. There's nothing wrong with the vehicle in the second photo. I has assumed it was the vehicle that caused the error in the first photo because it had just spawned when it happened but I agree, a rpt would be more useful. I'll see what I can do. Stupid me forgot and left -nologs in my parameters and wanted to at least give you something :( .

So far i found only 3 problems in 0.2 version.

Strange black spots on Middle Eastern Civilians

QFXoOr2fUNs.jpg 

Error when i try to spawn OPFOR ISTS Vehicles with crew inside

cm9gpkV2D0k.jpg 

LOP_ISTS_Static_ZU23 Still spawn rhs_vdv_sergeant on Gunner position

tawPemWkVrw.jpg 

• Like 4

Quick question to ALiVE players. Especially those that play ALiVE insurgency. How are you feeling about the current group sizes? Specifically those for the Middle East Militia and ISIS.

Currently they are grouped in numbers of men like this: 2 / 2 / 4 / 4 / 4 / 4 / 5 / 8

This would mean the average group size that would spawn would be around 4. And there would only be a 25% chance a group of 5 or more would spawn, while there would also be a 25% chance a group of 2 would spawn. To me that seems pretty light.

What do you all think?

I realize that may be out of the scope of this update but I wanted to maybe get a show of hands one way or the other from ALiVE players and the groupings.

Quick question to ALiVE players. 

I believe that the sizes are "ok". I'm creating a realism scenario and the small groups, spread over the map, are a good thing for me. They lack diversity though but in our case we are adding a faction based on the civilian Afghan clothes from this pack to solve this.

Class names Question

I'm using LOP_AM as Opfor and can anyone tell me the compositions class names of all compositions spawning the BTR or the GRAD and of both vehicles? Both are unrealistic in my campaign and I need to get them off the map if possible.

Thx in advance.

You feel the new LOP_AM lack diversity? Or at least that's what I think the new "Taliban-esque" faction name is. You're using the updated test version, yes?

Speaking of diversity, the new ISIS units are really great. Though I'm wondering, Keeway, could we have one or two guys in the groups without the black face mask? It's pretty much perfect in every way so no worries if it's too much hassle. It's just not all of them hide their faces IRL.

Mech, the faction I was referring to was the new LOP_AM_OPF. Check them out in the test build. The diversity is very good!

Speaking of which, I was wondering if it would be possible to give some of the Afghan civilians some of the hats that LOP_AM_OPF wear. Right now it would be a dead give away who would be an enemy and who would be a civ based on the whole hat, no hat thing. Would that be possible? Insurgency missions are at their best when you can't immediately tell who is the enemy and who is the innocent.

Also, in a perfect world, I'd love to see you give  LOP_AM_OPF faction units another vest here or there seeing as they all wear the same one with the pouch on the side. The last I checked some of your other insurgent factions all wore the same vests too so maybe something to consider.

Anyway, I love this update and hope I'm not being too nit-picky. You guys have done an amazing job! :)

Mech, the faction I was referring to was the new LOP_AM_OPF. Check them out in the test build. The diversity is very good!

Will check them out. Thx for the hint! I don't think they have the exact same cloth as the civilians, do they? For my Realism setup that's important because I need it to be as real as possible. Like on a market you can only tell the difference between the Taliban and the normal guy by the gun. In our setup we'll even add backpacks and the sidebags-vests to some civilians to make sure that you can't differentiate between them if they put their gun away. 

I observed something weird in v 0.1 from Armaholic. When I put BTR60 for ISIS  and put infantry (all seats must be full) vehicle do not moves to a position. 

v2 domove getmarkerpos "pos_2"

Also I tried Waypoint and same result.

If I remove the unit from commander seat, it starts to move...

Any idea what can be the problem?

LOP_ISTS_Static_ZU23 Still spawn rhs_vdv_sergeant on Gunner position

Suggestion to the authors regarding this issue.

Due to RHS config architecture specifing soldier classes in Turrets positions it requires entry of this classes in subordinate config with all parent classes dependencies to work correctly or to change parent class from rhs_zu23_vdv to rhs_zu23_base with previously specifing main base classes of landvehicles, turrets, static weapons etc. in the config (no shortcuts here). Good example how to do it is GREF. Those class entries are required by all vehicles and ststic weapons with turret positions inherited from rhs classes with specified turret soldier occupant entries mainly all ZU-23 static weapons and all the tanks. It s arma config 101 and it s surprising that experienced modders like authors of Project OPFOR have problem with that. If that issue won t be fixed we still be having Russian VDV sergeants in ISIS ZU-23 or any ZU-23 for that matter or Russian tank gunners in takistani T-72 or whatever. Specifing <  crew=â€â€;> array when not calling from vehicle <_base> class is not the way to go here.

My suggestion is to eden editor check all project opfor static weapons, vehicles  and tanks to sea where else this bug presents itself.

Thank You and regards.

• Like 1

I observed something weird in v 0.1 from Armaholic. When I put BTR60 for ISIS  and put infantry (all seats must be full) vehicle do not moves to a position. 

v2 domove getmarkerpos "pos_2"

Also I tried Waypoint and same result.

If I remove the unit from commander seat, it starts to move...

Any idea what can be the problem?

Nobody else have this issue? Is there a bug tracker for this mod where I can open a ticket if I am on the wrong place now? :/

Will check them out. Thx for the hint! I don't think they have the exact same cloth as the civilians, do they? For my Realism setup that's important because I need it to be as real as possible. Like on a market you can only tell the difference between the Taliban and the normal guy by the gun. In our setup we'll even add backpacks and the sidebags-vests to some civilians to make sure that you can't differentiate between them if they put their gun away.

That's what I was saying above.

LOP_AM_OPF and the Afghan civs are dressed very similarly to one another, except the civs don't wear any hats or head gear (while all of the fighters do), so currently it would be a dead giveaway who was who, even from a distance. I think the solution would be to give most of the 15 or so civ models hats, or inversely, have some of the fighters without hats or headgear.

I prefer giving the civs hats myself.