lexx

[Release] TOH Cargo Ships

GlJgDp.jpg

Description:
I totally want this cargo ship, but it's not available in Apex... And I am impatient... So hey, I took matters into my own hands and decided to improvise a little bit. Therefore, this mod exists.

So what does it do? Simple: It adds various cargo ship variants (ported over from Take on Helicopters) to the game. Sadly, they are *static* and *only* useful as background decoration. You *can not* walk on them (edit: Actually you can walk on a few parts of them), and the ships should never ever be placed in front of a players face, as they are lacking details and look plain ugly in close-up. This is a kind of middle ground I'll have to walk here... but hey, better than no ships at all in an island theme that screams for such stuff, huh?

Additionally to the ships, this package comes with a script file that allows mission makers to create actual moving ships (originally written by zooloo75 - I've adjusted it a little bit for the purpose of this mod). For this script to work, simply place one of the ships in the map, then add to the init command line:

_nil = [this,((direction this) + 180),500,0.025,0] execVM "\lexx\fn_shipMove.sqf";
Explanation: [target,direction,distance to move, speed, pause time]
In the above shown example, the ship will move a distance of 500 with a speed of 0.025 - after this, it will stand still and do nothing.

LsXSoj.png zTYLk4.png LsIvq0.png PLDujo.png 51peMI.jpg

I might or might not try to touch up the texture a little bit in the future (I am not a good graphics dude), but in any case, it will never be enough to allow the ships to swim right in front of the players view, as they simply lack geometrical detail to ever look really good in 2016. For a distance shot, they are still pretty good, though (and come on, it sure as hell looks much better than this scene from Apex. The syndicate sure as hell likes their Trawlers).

Link:
Steam Workshop
  • Like 23

ships not showing up in apex

I checked under structures seaport no luck

help please

thanks

Yup - this stuff is lacking in A3, and especially on Tanoa with them ports n stuff!

http://i.cubeupload.com/BQedBv.jpghttp://i.cubeupload.com/GlJgDp.jpg[/url]

Description:

I totally want http://i.cubeupload.com/DKmHQI.pngthiscargo ship[/url], but it's not available in Apex... And I am impatient... So hey, I took matters into my own hands and decided to improvise a little bit. Therefore, this mod exists.

So what does it do? Simple: It adds various cargo ship variants (ported over from Take on Helicopters) to the game. Sadly, they are *static* and *only* useful as background decoration. You *can not* walk on them, and the ships should never ever be placed in front of a players face, as they are lacking details and look plain ugly in close-up. This is a kind of middle ground I'll have to walk here... but hey, better than no ships at all in an island theme that screams for such stuff, huh?

Additionally to the ships, this package comes with a script file that allows mission makers to create actual moving ships (originally written by zooloo75 - I've adjusted it a little bit for the purpose of this mod). For this script to work, simply place one of the ships in the map, then add to the init command line:

_nil = [this,((direction this) + 180),500,0.025,0] execVM "\lexx\fn_shipMove.sqf";
Explanation: [target,direction,distance to move, speed, pause time]

In the above shown example, the ship will move a distance of 500 with a speed of 0.025 - after this, it will stand still and do nothing.

http://i.cubeupload.com/LsXSoj.pnghttp://i.cubeupload.com/t/LsXSoj.png http://i.cubeupload.com/zTYLk4.png img=http://i.cubeupload.com/t/zTYLk4.png http://i.cubeupload.com/LsIvq0.png http://i.cubeupload.com/t/LsIvq0.png

I might or might not try to touch up the texture a little bit in the future (I am not a good graphics dude), but in any case, it will never be enough to allow the ships to swim right in front of the players view, as they simply lack geometrical detail to ever look really good in 2016. For a distance shot, they are still pretty good, though (and come on, it sure as hell looks much better than this scene from Apex. The syndicate sure as hell likes their Trawlers).

Link:

Steam Workshop

I would have loved walkable ships for some special ops missions, but this still makes a good atmospheric that will really help all these ports we have on almost every terrain feel more alive. Thank you!

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules

You can walk on some parts of the ships, but like I wrote- they are ugly as hell when you stand in front of them. Really, nobody wants to play close to them.

Thanks for the work, some good ops to be done

UAjN5QX.jpg

• Like 9

At the moment im working a driveable version. made an little config, using this models and textures.

Working:

Driving

Physix (not much testet yet)

Working on:

Some config values

Cant get to work:

foghorn

ADE1749DF6C4EFD52DBACB0717EB65DDF15B63665DBE614B4462A8A297EB32564EA754D2207E9A4C

I want to give Lexx the config, if i finished it. For all tree types of boats in his mod.

• Like 3

Well done mate :)

Adds flavour to the empty seas around Tanoa, Altis and Stratis and gives ports some furniture too.

I wonder if using the Attachto command you could attach the larger ship to say a zodiac or speedboat to "drive" the ship from the smaller boat just an idea.

• Like 1

I've updated the mod with 3 more TOH boats:

- Cruise Ship (White, Blue, Red)

- Yacht

- Jetboat

As with the other boats, they are static - except the Jetboat, which actually works and can be found in the civilian faction. It's still a bit buggy, though. The passenger is invisible and the driver hands aren't on the steering wheel. No idea how to fix that, as the TOH don't seem to have model.cfg files? I've added it anyway. In worst case, it can be used as background decoration (as originally intended with this mod).

PLDujo.png 51peMI.jpg

By the way. If anyone around here is good with textures- I wouldn't mind if someone tries to improve them a little bit. Actually, I would be quite happy if someone would lend me a hand in this.

• Like 3

A very nice starting point.  IMHO the bigger ships don't need to move, however it would be nice to move around then without getting stuck/falling off/falling through.

Great work lexx :)

I wonder if using the Attachto command you could attach the larger ship to say a zodiac or speedboat to "drive" the ship from the smaller boat just an idea.

I've recently experimented with various ways of moving the vanilla trawler around, including this one. It can work for animating it as a prop, as long as you don't care about the following:

- The driver AI refuses sees the ship as an obstacle and will keep adjusting course to avoid the object.

- The above can be avoided by spawning the ship with createSimpleObject.

- The physics of smaller boats, their turn radius and the way they oscillate on the sea make the ship look very unnatural.

- The AI, when forced to drive at a lesser speed than their usual one, will not drive at a constant rate, but will accelerate in intervals, which in turn results in problems noted above.

IMHO the bigger ships don't need to move

Depends on the scene. Having one of the huge ships crawl very, very slowly on the horizon adds a great amount of atmosphere. It's nothing you keep looking at constantly, but if you notice it every once in a while and see that the position has changed, that's pretty cool.

• Like 5

Had the trawler move 200m in 5 minutes during a coastal patrol mission. It made such an incredible difference in authenticity.

Awesome mod, enjoying it!

Cheers

• Like 1

Having one of the huge ships crawl very, very slowly on the horizon adds a great amount of atmosphere.

Oh I agree with that.  Similar to the tide mod, adds atmosphere over time.

This is Awesome! I cannot wait to use these ships!

Question: I saw a similar port here

Their issues, stated in the comments, was the TOH licence saying sample models where only for TOH. Has this issue been resolved?

If so...

Are these models included in the TOH sample pack?

Are the ships split into chunks already?(to deal with road lod restructions)

Is there an ai path lod? I have seen the idea to have a seperate model for Just the path lod so it can be bigger than the 50m chunks as ai have issues passing between path lods.

I would love to help build and test.

• Like 1

The models are directly from the TOH sample pack. Nothing has been done with them, as they are all binarized (and I don't know how to work with that pos Object Builder anyway).

(and I don't know how to work with that pos Object Builder anyway).

Hey.

Object Builder is love. Object Builder is life. :D

• Like 1