.kju

Statement on discontinued support for the IFA conversion (IFA3 FULL)

Most important:

We do NOT endorse/recommend/encourage you to buy Iron Front the game at this point - do not buy it!
Please wait until a native Arma 3 version becomes available.

There are different perspectives to this. Let's get through them one by one:

1. Players

We have introduced the conversion approach as we wanted to keep the Iron Front project in the Arma universe alive. Due to the publisher there was no other way possible.
However since the introduction we have received many complaints from players failing in the complex conversion and patching process. It just has been a very frustrating experience for both us and interested players!

As a result we changed our approach now to deliver a simple one-modfolder approach easily available and to update (via Steam/withSIX/mega/etc).

Even the recent days have already shown this decision was correct and this has opened Iron Front to many new faces to try and enjoy!

2. Server admins

The initial preview was still compatible to the converted version. However since the first update, which significantly changes the mod, both versions are not longer compatible.
The scripted mine system has been replaced by A3 engine functionality, significant changes to weapon damage and behavior, as well as infantry hitpoints have happened.
This just means that a both fair and stable environment can no longer be guaranteed. And there is considerable more fundamental changes on the way.

If you are running a private COOP server:
For now mixing the old converted version and the new LITE version may still work.
Yet as more and more updates are happening, the less reliable and enjoyable the gaming experience will be.
You have been warned!

3. Developers

To be very direct and frank it comes down to two main points:

1) To maintain multiple version adds a lot of effort we are no longer willing to invest. 
We are focusing now fully on the new version, leaving old restrictions and limitations behind to achieve the best results possible in the Arma3 engine.

2) From the IF game sales only the publisher (Deep Silver) and the producer (X1Software) benefit - not BI (engine provider), nor AWAR (original developers) nor do we.
Given the very questionable role the first two parties have played, we have been looking into ways to get away from them and to be able to get Iron Front back into the Arma platform natively.
Unfortunately the legal and ownership situation is complicated, yet we are still trying to find a solution. Be patient with us!

Summary:
We ask you to see our Arma 3 project as a new attempt to bring quality WW2 into Arma and to support us with your feedback, your own content and by playing the mod. 

Thank you for your attention!

• Like 9

Most important:

We do NOT endorse/recommend/encourage you to buy Iron Fron the game at this point - do not buy it!

Please wait until a native Arma 3 version becomes available.

Whew.. Glad I didn't play it yet. I was able to get a Steam Refund!

Well, I think kju meant to recommend that you should not buy IF right now solely on the basis that IFA3 is not yet in final form. So if you are only buying IF to run IFA3, then follow kju's advice.

But if you do buy IF now, you can still play it stand-alone (a neat game), and you can still mod it to IFA2 and play that way.

Nevertheless, kju and others are working hard to make IFA3 the standard (it does/will supersede IFA2 in many ways) so we are all waiting for IFA3 to be finished.

Cheers,

Madbilly

• Like 1

I was just in the process of searching for any new information that I might be able to use while I try for the third time to install IFA3. I'll be following this thread closely. Thanks for listening to our concerns and moving forward with this project.

One question while I have the mic,...

Will we be able to Edit the terrain (s) In Armas 3D Editor for any mission making endeavors.?

again Thanks !

pvt. partz

please ask questions in the IFA3 preview thread. thanks!

I own an Iron front game and arma 3 and want to install the IFA3 NOT LITE. Please tell me how to do it now, when the conversion was closed

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/gunters-ifa3-installation-tutorial-7751413?&trail=15

IFA3 Full conversion is not supported anymore so if you have issues you will need to refer to the tutorial and its references.

I'm on that forum everyday and if you have issues or a question then you can ask there on that thread, overall my recommendation

is to use IFA3 Lite as its supported by a huge mod team.