Theo1143

Changing into a bird upon relog?

Since the eden update i've got this problem on all my misions.

I even made some new empty ones which resulted in exactly the same issue as u see in the video.

(Which had beside desc.ext nothing inside them at all!, i tried scripted player already to whitout success)

The mision(s) have no failure when there is no player alive, and the server is persistent.

I've changed nothing, this all happened after the eden update alone.

Does anyone has an idea of what this can be?

onLoadMission = "Fresh";
author = ...;
onLoadName = Fresh...;
onLoadIntro = "Co op Mission"
onLoadMissionTime = 0;
onLoadIntroTime = 0;

class Header
{
gameType = Coop;
minPlayers = 0;
maxPlayers = 32;
};

enableDebugConsole = 1;

loadScreen =  "Loading.jpg";
respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 3;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive", "MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;
debriefing = 1;
disabledAI=1;
showGPS=1;
showCompass = 1;
showRadio=1;
showWatch = 1;
briefing=1;
weaponPool = 0;
reviveDelay = 10;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 10;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 600;
showHUD = 1;
scriptedPlayer = 1;
corpseManagerMode = 2;

changing respawnOnStart = -1; into respawnOnStart = 0; doesn't change a thing either.

Thanks!

Well, in the old arma games you became a bird if you had a cracked version of the game. Unless that's the case...

I can confirm that issue at domination map hosted on dedicated linux server.

If I connect with my client PC i get a bird/crow sometimes.

If I disconnect to lobby and choose another role/player then i can connect and play as usual.

If I diconnect to lobby again after that and choose the first role where i became a bird then i can play as soldier again, too.

That happend 2 times today.

And no i ve none hacked, cracked content on my PC.

Edit: I forgot to say that I imported the mission for use with eden 3d editor and uploaded it to the dedicated server with those mission.sqm which is in eden format now.

Server is from nitrado, again... never has this issue happened before the EDEN update...

Well, in the old arma games you became a bird if you had a cracked version of the game. Unless that's the case...

So why does it only happen at mine missions?

If it would be a client problem, there wouldn't be a difference.

Funny fact is that all missions went direct or indirect though the EDEN editor...

If I disconnect to lobby and choose another role/player then i can connect and play as usual.

If I diconnect to lobby again after that and choose the first role where i became a bird then i can play as soldier again, too.

Edit: I forgot to say that I imported the mission for use with eden 3d editor and uploaded it to the dedicated server with those mission.sqm which is in eden format now.

It seems to be a bigger problem then...

Fucking EDEN update, unless they fix it we all got broken misions.

I hope to fix soon, it's really important. Until then one option - kick seagulls)

I had this issue on my server too. Everytime I let the server run for too long. All players spawned as a seagull. I also noticed that when it occured. I couldn't spawn any East unit from Zeus. However there wasn't a lot of unit on the server. 

In fact, this "seagull" problem occurs when Arma has reach the group count limit. That's why it doesn't allow the player to spawn. All you need to do is execute this :

{if !(count units group > 0) then {deleteGroup _x}} foreach 

I think its time for BIS to raise some engine limits as hardwares get faster and faster.

PS: I see in your video that there are some patrolling groups. Are they placed in 3den or are they spawned in a script ?

youpala restriction on the number of groups is not the root cause, in the completely empty (dedicated) server, picture is still the same and it appeared after the Eden 3D update, arises when porting mission from 2D to 3D. The problem at lower levels

You're sure ? I saw some patrolling units when you spawned back. Even though the server is empty. ungrouped units and modules count as a groups. Have you tried the command i sent you ?

Hello,

first of all thank you for the feedback.

I would like to ask you for a repro mission for this issue. Please upload the file to some free file sharing service and PM me the link.

It would be of a great help.

Thank you

EDIT: If you are running any mods, please try to repro it with vanilla. Should the issue be still present, send me the link to vanilla repro. Thanks :)

Edited by razazel

By process of elimination found that when disableAI = 0 in Description.ext respawn for JIP is operating normally

Editor screenshots

2016-02-25_00002.jpg

2016-02-25_00003.jpg

Mission there

I had this issue on my server too. Everytime I let the server run for too long. All players spawned as a seagull. I also noticed that when it occured. I couldn't spawn any East unit from Zeus. However there wasn't a lot of unit on the server. 

In fact, this "seagull" problem occurs when Arma has reach the group count limit. That's why it doesn't allow the player to spawn. All you need to do is execute this :

{if !(count units group > 0) then {deleteGroup _x}} foreach 

I think its time for BIS to raise some engine limits as hardwares get faster and faster.

PS: I see in your video that there are some patrolling groups. Are they placed in 3den or are they spawned in a script ?

No this has nothing to do for units on the map or not, reaching group cap or not.

The thing is that this happens at every mission you make, scripted or not.

The video is a DEMO Mission made whit the eden editor.

2 Squads patrolling, 1 mortar that is all...

But again on me scripted missions where there are no AI (except the once which are presence is 0 as zero point ofc...)

So yes i think it is very unlikely you reach squad cap whit 3 squads out there, or at scripted missions whit 0 squads out there.

Hello,

first of all thank you for the feedback.

I would like to ask you for a repro mission for this issue. Please upload the file to some free file sharing service and PM me the link.

It would be of a great help.

Thank you

EDIT: If you are running any mods, please try to repro it with vanilla. Should the issue be still present, send me the link to vanilla repro. Thanks :)

Np, will clean the server and redo it.

(Update) still the same issue, made the mission as clean as possible.

Spawned in 1 (player) playable unit whit 1 respawn module.

It seems to be a problem whit the respawn and/or revive?

Because while you into (singleplayer mode) no respawn this issue does not happen.

But yes to have everyone switching over at every death on multiplayer? doesn't seem such a good idea.

(link sent in pm)

How to create the bug? few rules, server has to be persistent.

While the server is empty (off players) relog twice (have to fully disconnect from the server) and you spawn in as a bird.

You're maybe right then. There must be a problem with the server not creating a unit or not assigning the created unit to the player. You should try something : Create a unit and switch to it via scripts.

_unit = "O_Soldier_F" createVehicle positionCameraToWorld[0,0,0];
_unit allowDamage false;
selectPlayer _unit;

hint format["Unit created : %1 | Unit is player : %2",isNull _unit, _unit == player];

Do it from the debug console and execute it localy.

Edited by youpala

You're maybe right then. There must be a problem with the server not creating a unit or not assigning the created unit to the player. You should try something : Create a unit and switch to it via scripts.

_unit = "O_Soldier_F" createVehicle positionCameraToWorld[0,0,0];
_unit allowDamage false;
selectPlayer _unit;

hint format["Unit created : %1 | Unit is player : %2",isNull _unit, _unit == player];

Do it from the debug console and execute it localy.

Because AI is disabled, after xx times re logging the server just throws the character out the window, yelling / see u in the afterlife... p.s. here u got a bird. (or something similar)

To be real honest i don't get it how much more clear we can be about our problem?

Srry bud i don't feel like doing this or that anymore... Eden is broken and we all know it.

You can try it yourself if you wish to, u have eden to so this bug to!

Its just a shame that i'm wasting €37.99 of server cost, while the real dev ask for a repo? 

It's not the Revive module, I can assure, I have tons of reports and personal experiences with Antistasi with an instant respawn with this issue, no use of revive module.

Razazel, from a great admiror of BIS work, including yours, I think you are laughing about us.

REPRO MISSION?

All the community is experiencing this and you ask us for a repro mission??

It's amazing BIS published the update with this kind of failure, as no one hurried you to publish it this week or in a month.

But please, do not ask for repro when this is a general failure, well known by BIS team for sure (same as others as, for example, disabling the whole Headless Client thing), just join some open server.

I mean i can understand that he does, the forum is full of trolls.

But check you facts and you see quickly who is one and whos not.

Because they didn't allow us to release missions in the beta whit the EDEN editor.

We had "NO" way of testing this out, beside the minority who changed hes server to dev build.

There are more ways that lead to rome, don't get me wrong i like the new editor.

But beside placing some items here and there it is useless into my eyes!

I mean come 'n ffs they don't even add a event-handler when u dress them? ... -.- '

Off topic and flame-baiting posts removed, any further deviation from the topic in hand will result in forum infractions. 

• Like 1

After rolling back to 2D version of the mission pbo file i never saw a seagull again.

Maybe this issue has something to do with that the mission.sqm is binarized?

I used a binarized mission, I had the issue 3 times but when I exported the same

mission with Binarize unchecked the seagull didnt waste my time. Can be a coincidence though,

as mentioned before its only once in a couple times you spawn as seagull.

• Like 1

So i fixed this issue after many hours by removing:

respawn = 3;
respawnDelay = 5;
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","Revive"};
reviveDelay = 6;
reviveBleedOutDelay = 120;
reviveForceRespawnDelay = 5;

respawnVehicleDelay = 5;
respawnDialog = 0;

from the description.ext and set the attributes in Eden editor itself.

When reloading the mission in the editor it did not save the Attributes so everytime you reload the mission to edit something do not forget

to SET the spawn/revive attributes again before saving and uploading to the server.

I no longer have the Seagul issue this way, and the respawn window also appears again.

I do however get a script error when the game loads, and it is vanilla related (Something for the Devs to look @)

'... "bis_revive_disableRevive", false] || {|#|BIS_RESPAWN_ON_START && {isnil"bis_revi..'}
Error unidentified variable in expression: bis_respawn_on_start

File a3\functions_f_mp_mark\revive\fn_reviveOnPlayerKilled.sqf, Line 17

So i included:

respawnOnStart = 1;
respawnButton = 1;

in the description.ext because the EDEN respawnOnStart did not work.

Also i had to forcibly enable respawnButton = 1; in the .ext, because the EDEN option seemed to be ignored by the game.

This way everything is working as it should, and im able to JIP select a spawn position and do mah thing :)

Nvm: after some extensive testing i still get the Seagul, with Vanilla error:

_text = player;

_Colorid = _this #param [1,0,[0]];

missionamespace setvar

file a3\functions_f\respawn\fn_respawnCounter.sqf, line 35

Error Type object, Expected number

So to the Devs! Work magic ^^

Edited by blackshad0w

]

Has all already tested... it is up to the devs now

The point is to not respawn on spawn and then not to spawn as a bird.

The respawn on spawn is only in there to help the JIP as you stated...

"The EDEN option seemed to be ignored by the game."[/size]

Yes it seems he ignores 70% of the options, it might be an easy fix for a dev by checking if these files ain't conflicting.[/size]

In fact it are 2 [/size]description.ext? 1 from mision folder and the other made by the eden editor himself?[/size]

Funny thing i did make the mision whitout touching it at all, so again...[/size]

1, he makes a default [/size]description.ext or 2, it does not and it has nothing to do whit this bug whatsoever.[/size]

Hmm I did know that, it was just my €0.02 :)

Because my main issue was that the revive system and respawn dialog did not function.

I fixed it the way I described, and it seemed for a period that I did not got the seagull as wel.

But after a few (5 or so) rejoins I became a bird again.

Maybe this issue has something to do with that the mission.sqm is binarized?

I used a binarized mission, I had the issue 3 times but when I exported the same

mission with Binarize unchecked the seagull didnt waste my time. Can be a coincidence though,

as mentioned before its only once in a couple times you spawn as seagull.

Made a test, 1 whit bin on while the other had it off.

Both freshly made and there was no difference, 2 relogs > bird.

It is not random bud, it is always after those 2 relogs...

And the thing is, when this happens on a server you are forced to alt + f4 because nothing works.

Hmm I did know that, it was just my €0.02 :)

Because my main issue was that the revive system and respawn dialog did not function.

I fixed it the way I described, and it seemed for a period that I did not got the seagull as wel.

But after a few (5 or so) rejoins I became a bird again.

yea i get you

thanks anyway ;)

Made a test 1 whit bin on while the other had it off.

Both freshly made and there was no difference, 2 relogs > bird.

It is not random bud, it is always after those 2 relogs...

And the thing is, when this happens on a server you are forced to alt + f4 because nothing works.

I did not experience this issue tho.

I could always just escape and exit to the lobby.

And rejoin the game and spawn as normal

it seems that Headlessclients become seagulls too. (every time)!

it shows them in assigned slots but players are not listed in allplayers!

thats not good, i recognized this issue tooo late. Grrr... nothing works at my and now... :(

hmm?

this also happen to non persistant missions!?

very mysterious... °°

it seems that Headlessclients become seagulls too. (every time)!

it shows them in assigned slots but players are not listed in allplayers!

thats not good, i recognized this issue tooo late. Grrr... nothing works at my and now... :(

hmm?

this also happen to non persistant missions!?

very mysterious... °°

Pm has been sent to razazel  already whit everything he needs.

It is now hoping they find a fix soon...

Enable AI for temp fix btw.

disabledAI=0;

inside your description.ext ^

You do need to manual disable them each time you start the mision.

But ey better than nothing for now ...

(Edit, after some time even that doesn't help... >.>)

I did not experience this issue tho.

I could always just escape and exit to the lobby.

And rejoin the game and spawn as normal

Yea that is what hapens at me main mision... Damm that thing got a beating from the eden update lol, assume starting over is faster on that.