pierremgi

EDEN : No more Supply drop or CAS support

Hello,

I've got a problem, opening and testing my mission (tested in V1.54, editor 2D, several hundred of subscribers with no problem), downloadable here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=607086669

I remarked it's now impossible to have all supports. Artillery still works, supply drop and CAS (non virtual) lead to grayed assets when called.

This occur in all modes: preview SP, MP from Eden.

I must precise, these supports are synchronized when player(s) grab a backpack radio. Anyway, this worked well in 2D editor.

I backup my mission.sqm in order to re-open it in 2D editor, everything works fine... ARMA3 V 1.56 seems OK but not Eden (problem with sqm for recognition of linked items or something like that).

Please, don't remove 2D editor prior to consolidate Eden.

This editor is really a great work with youth lacks.

Thanks

Pierre MGI

Still working on what differences between 2D and 3D editor in a complex synchronizeObjectsAdd environment.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I will send it to our QA so they can find out what is going on there ;-)

Ok,

After several tests, the fact is I had to delete and re-create all my support modules (recreate links is not sufficient).

So, if importation from 2D editor leads to loss of support modules (supports are grayed in menu but still here), you have to re-create in Eden, the modules and the links (with their old name and their old init field if any code).

I hope this help other ones.

I think there is a loss of sync for linked items (entities), or "hierarchy"?,  in mission.sqm when imported.

Thanks.

Pierre MGI

Hey, could you please attach a simple repro mission showcasing the issue? Thank you!

Hi Adam,

Here is a link to an uploaded folder:

Hi Adam

https://app.box.com/s/b5qos42npiu9sv5r88kmbmc9yy1t42kk

Mission folder name is trial.daKrong. Sorry for having let it on the former map daKrong (Unsung mod).

The fact is if I try to copy/paste for changing map, there is no more issue. Because mission.sqpm is totally changed, links renewed, support renamed...

What we try to reproduce is a simple importation from 2D to 3D editor. Some supports are broken in this case. Not all in fact.

So, I deleted all objects in mission, without "link" with the problem. I just let the group of playable units, the support (assets and modules). I simplified the links as in formaer mission you needed to have a type of backpack to get the supports. Its a standard link here (for the leader). The importation issue is still here.

If you want to run the preview, you need Unsung mod + HAFR pack (for F4 fighter) + medium helicopter utility (for drop by helo). Sorry for that. If I change a unit, there is no more importation issue. More here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=607086669&tscn=1456279619

But you could have a look directly in both mission.sqm (old and new). The fact is something is lost in 3D and 2 of 3 supports are grayed: drop & CAS. Artillery remains workable.

I hope this help.

Thanks

Pierre MGI

For me support modules are not working at all. I used it for modded content (tank-artyllery vehicle, rocket artyllery, MI-24), RHS. Dont know whats the issue precisely, but after i click prewiev i dont have any support available. In 2D editor it works fine.

• Like 1

Vasily, Just delete one by one your modules, paying attention for their name and other attributes. Relink them as usual. They will work even if some scripted fields in them.

For example, I recovered my "Napalm" support, able to strike 4 bombs with napalm effect on a simple unguided CAS call. Same for an "arsenal crate" drop supply.

And, my supports come with a condition for the type of backpack (radio) caller.

All of that was broken until I delete, re-create the modules.

So, I'm rather sure you can recover workable 2D edited modules, just by this method. Eden loose some reference in module "entity/item" in mission.sqm, but not "deal-breaker".

Vasily, Just delete one by one your modules, paying attention for their name and other attributes. Relink them as usual. They will work even if some scripted fields in them.

For example, I recovered my "Napalm" support, able to strike 4 bombs with napalm effect on a simple unguided CAS call. Same for an "arsenal crate" drop supply.

And, my supports come with a condition for the type of backpack (radio) caller.

All of that was broken until I delete, re-create the modules.

So, I'm rather sure you can recover workable 2D edited modules, just by this method. Eden loose some reference in module "entity/item" in mission.sqm, but not "deal-breaker".

OK, i'll try, thanks. I also saw some problem when porting mission from 2D editor - first issue giving something to think is artillery barrage - in 2D editor you were placing script/artillery, now, after porting its just script. I'll make tests on all ported missions.

EDIT:

Indeed this is working!

By the way, I'm using commands such as synchronizedObjectsAdd (and remove). These commands do their job (synchronizedObjects is updated) but if everything goes well for the SP, or host PC player in MP, sync/unsync modules don't work as intended for other (remote) players: newly synced supports are grayed and/or duplicated. (commands used for "player" in initPlayerLocal.sqf)

These commands are not truly compatible with all FSMs and scripts for support modules:  Bis_SUPP_ commands or variables are lost.