zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST SP=- Single Player Survival Mission (With Optional Base Building)

ZKs -=LOST=- SP

Survival Mission (With Optional Base Building) 

Download

ZKs -=LOST=- SP Altis Steam Link

ZKs -=LOST=- SP Tanoa Steam Link

Here is the link to -=LOST_SP=- on Malden Beta

-=LOST_SP=- Malden

Updated 18-03-2017 

All the features of the MP version (except the defib save feature)

Now it uses the game save and no longer requires iniDBi2 for the SP version.

Required Addons(Mods) (you need this to collect items and use to stay alive)
@ZKs_Items

(Optional if wanting Base Building)
@ZKs_iBuild

In this reality days are 2 hours long and nights are 30 minutes the weather changes rapidly and everyone hates you.
You can work alone or in a pack, kill or be killed.

Collect Guns, Tools, Food, Water and medical supplies
There are always mini missions inside the mission that give you rewards

If you need to know how everything works in the Mod while in game go to the Map and look in Briefing and in the Lost tab is all the information about what everything does.

The things that you can do in the mission.
Used Items (In Gear Dialog aka inventory) Use by dragging the item to the Assigned Watch Position. 
if you dont have this you will only get access to weapons and not be able to fix vehicles , Heal , Drink or Eat etc.
This is running a database so you and your items and vehicles are recorded and will be the same for you next time you play.(unless someone finds your vehicle and steals it or you DIE) The AI are all Nasty . feel free to kill them.
This is PVP , TEAM or friendly , play it as you want.
if you get close to a player add him / her (lol) as a friend with your action menu (need to be within 3 meters) you will be able to see them on the map after that.
At the moment you scavange , collect and try to stay alive.
Drag items to where your watch goes in the inventory, Not all items can be used it that way.
There are Mini Missions that if you complete you may get special Weapons or Items.
you need to find an assortment of tools to fix vehicles.
Drink and eat to keep your stamina in check everything works in actions at this point.
Below is a List of what each Item does. The Items not on this list are used in the Mini Missions 
Enjoy!!

ITEM USE LIST
You can Pickup and Drop your last thrown Chemlight.
Used Items (In Gear Dialog aka Inventory).
Use by dragging the item to the Assigned Watch Position. 

Bed Roll when used will create a Sleeping Bag,Laying on the Sleeping Bag will restore your Health,Hunger and Thirst.
Defibrillator If used will restore your Health.
Food items will lower your Hunger and reduce damage.
Drink items will lower your Thirst and reduce damage.
Medical items will lower your Damage.
Vitamins will boost your Fatigue endurance for 30 minutes.
When you use a Drink Can it will create an Empty Can in your inventory (Empty Cans are needed to repair vehicle Hulls).
When you Drink a Canteen a Empty Canteen in your inventory. 
If you use a Empty Canteen while its raining or next to a Water Source it will add a Full Canteen to your inventory.
If you use a Empty JerryCan or Fuel Drum while near a Fuel Station or Tank it may add a Full JerryCan or Fuel Drum to your inventory.
If you use a File it will select a mission and add a Document to your inventory.
If you use a Document it will show locations on the map and show you in a Hint the mission.
If you have an AXE-SHOVEL-HAMMER-KNIFE-WRENCH in your inventory you can use these as Melee Weapons use LMB.
You can use the AXE to cut down trees and get wood planks for building.
If you have an AXE in your inventory you can use this to cut down trees use LMB.
You can use a tent to store your gear, You can only get tents from doing missions.
No other players can take your gear or your tent. 
To pick up your tent hold the shift key while looking at it. 

To Add Friends So You Can See Them On The Map.
When you get close to a player you will get a ADD FRIEND action. 
when you have added a friend then you can see where they are on the map.
If you can not see the ADD FRIEND action then they may have it locked.
You can lock and unlock access to add you as a friend by holding down the Shift Key
You can show everyone or just your friends your position on the map by holding down the Shift Key and using the actions

Items in your Inventory That Give You Actions. 
If you have a Rope in your inventory you can Tow or Lift other vehicles and you can get raised or lowered from flying VTOL aircraft or choppers.
If you have a Grinder in your inventory you can Dismantle Wrecks.
If you have a JerryCan or Fuel Drum in your inventory you refuel vehicles. (It will leave you with empty ones)
If you have a Empty JerryCan or Empty Fuel Drum in your inventory you can refill them from vehicles.
If you have a Weapons ModKit and Bullet Casings and you are in a Gunner seat you can add a Magizine to that turret.(Bullet Casings deleted after 1 use). 
If you have a Weapons ModKit and Bullet Casings and you are in a Driver seat you can add a Flares that are automaticly activated when you are locked on to.(Bullet Casings deleted after 1 use).

To Repair Vehicles you need in your Inventory.
Pliers and Car Battery are needed to fix the Engine (Car Battery deleted after 1 use).
Wrench and Tyre are needed to fix the Wheels\Gear (Tyre deleted after 1 use).
Drill and Battery are needed to fix the Glass (Battery deleted after 1 use).
Screwdriver and Duct Tape are needed to fix the Fuel Hoses (Duct Tape deleted after 1 use). 
Hammer and Empty Can are needed to fix the Body (Empty Can deleted after 1 use). 
Butane Torch And Matches are needed to fix the Rotors (Matches deleted after 1 use). 
MultiMeter And Metal Wire are needed to fix the Electronics (Metal Wire deleted after 1 use).

To Recruit Civilians
Walk up to a civilian (the ones without a gun) and use action to Join Group when you get close.
Use the F keys to select your unit. (F2-to-F5).
If you have a Radio you can have up to 9 Units.(F2-to-F10).
Press 4 for him to use or find Vehicles.
Press 6 for him to get Items and Guns.
Press ~ to get them to Regroup or Stop.
Press F1 when they are close to you. < 3 meters, to access their inventory. 
For your units to pick up items Press the F# key while looking at the object and press backspace
to exit the menu that pops up then you will see a unit pickup action.
Hold down your Shift Key to get the Kick From Group Action.
Units in your group will try and find their own weapons,ammo and medical supplies including DEFIBS 
Units in your group can heal themselves if they have medical supplies in their inventory.

Vehicle Options
Air vehicles have Ear Muffs to reduce noise.
If you have a Rope in your player inventory you can Tow or Lift other vehicles and players can get raised or lowered from flying VTOL aircraft or choppers.
You can eject and parachute out of most AIR vehicles (No Chute needed in inventory).  
You are able to push boats if they are on land (you need to get into driver position and then get out first).
When your in the drivers position you can set ownership of the vehicle (this must be done to lock vehicles)  
You may lock vehicles only the owner can unlock them. Vehicles will stay locked for a maximum of 5 days.
Vehicle inventory will be inaccessible in locked vehicles.
Objective: --  STAY ALIVE -- 

• Like 4

Really appreciate the SP release.  ;)

zone killer is one of the best mission makers out there, always  detailed missions, always fun..

@zonekiller: thx for a SP release; love these survival settings and will happily try yours out to see what it does different then RAVAGE.  Unfortunately the link to the SP Mission doesn't work for me. 

Hope you upload it again or upload the mission @Armaholic,

tourist

Sorry guys  just having net issues here, so keep trying.  it should be all good now

what about porting to other maps? it is easy for anyone or only for advance user? 

after a quick look into the files it seems it need at least buildings from altis and new coordinates for missions on other maps.

porting it is easy  all you need to do is merge the existing map

there is a wreck and 3 respawn markers

then make an array of spawn positions that are about 1 or 2 kms apart as they also are the 

positions that the men patrol

TRIGGERS is the array of spawn positions

that is basically it the trick is having the right amount of spawn positions

'Net problems still?Unable to d/l:

No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

changed network cards reset server so lets hope it fixed now

I will add it to armaholic so i have a second link

• Like 1

:)  :) Thanks ZK,.As always you never fail to deliver!.Just  played it( I starved to death early in the game but now got the hang of it..lol) and it's totally awesome!Great job! :627:

The weapons are vanilla.Is there a way to use 3rd party weapon mods?It's not a priority just wondering.

The weapons are vanilla.Is there a way to use 3rd party weapon mods?It's not a priority just wondering.

Try this. ;)  

• Like 1

In the Single Player I did take out the weapon cheat script so you can use weapon mods (you still cant in the Multiplayer Mission)

In my post apocalyptic world there are NO Zombies and the bad guys have GUNS (LOTS OF GUNS), Remember you can loot the bodies for ammo and items

Thanks for the support guys

• Like 1

Ah, Ok, Thanks mate.

I was expecting some zombies, or at least some walking dead,

Great job, 

Oh & BTW...something's out of sync when you try & scan dead bodies for inventory.Normally you could simply walk up to them but in this mission I have to sidestep 2-3 meters before the action appears?

I only see to have that problem if their gun in right next to them as it always seems want to scan the gun first.

Ps no extra coding has gone into scan dead bodies for inventory  that is all Bis code.

porting it is easy  all you need to do is merge the existing map

there is a wreck and 3 respawn markers

then make an array of spawn positions that are about 1 or 2 kms apart as they also are the 

positions that the men patrol

TRIGGERS is the array of spawn positions

that is basically it the trick is having the right amount of spawn positions

Hey ZK, first thanks for the fun mission,  I am in awe at your scripting ability as I am of many others who create custom missions. I have some understanding of editing but you lost me a bit in the above statement. I would like to try to port this over to Bornholm, everon,the usual stuff, I am a creature of habit. 

Could you elaborate a little bit. In the mission.sqm I only see 2 placed objects on the map, the hunter and the shipwreck on the island. There is lots of script in the file itself (mission.sqm). Can I copy and paste, changing any references to altis once I save the new mission.sqm with Bornholm for instance. 

As for TRIGGERS are you refering to the trigger.fsm in the "Men" script folder?

If you have the time to throw me a clue great! This stuff can be complex so no worries if ya don't. 

Thanks again for your work.

Hello there

Im not able to save my SP game which is key for me. Also, like the poster above, I cannot see any triggers on the map to port it.

Can you assist?

Rgds

LoK

Hi guys. If you run the INIDB2 addon (which you should be) it saves every few seconds

The save button is disabled so the INIDBI2 can do its work.

This way no matter how many times you die the world stays the same.

Vehicles will be where you left them with the items stored in them. 

If you have a Defib you get the second chance (BIS save can not do that)

I will send a short HOW TO for porting missions soon 
  • Like 1

Things you need to know about editing ZKs-=LOST=-

First off,

Please feel free to learn from , use code/functions,edit mission, port it to different maps, add 

what ever you want to it.all I ask for is a bit of credit in your creations.  

If your a donating kinda person just PM me

Here we go.

Most code in my missions are dynamic (which means the code stays the same and just the input changes due to the fact im lazy and dont like repeating code 100 times)

Most changes are in the LOST_SP.Altis\Code directory in there you will see

Server_Arrays.hpp

Shared_Arrays.hpp

Player_Arrays.hpp

If you wish to add Weapons, Vehicles or Rewards add them to the propper array in one of these 

scripts just copy an existing item in the array and just change the item type   

The Player_Item.sqf is for using Items, If your new items require code it goes in there.

there is an UNUSED array in Server_Arrays.hpp of items you can add to the mission you will need 

to add code to Player_Item.sqf before they will do anything.

To Port to a new map is super easy

First thing is make an empty mission call it LOST or what ever on a different map 

open the mission.sqm file and copy the map name IE "bornholm"

copy all the scripts to the new mission including mission.sqm

open mission.sqm and change the map name in addOns[]= and addOnsAuto[]=

save the mission.sqm and open mission in editor

Move the few items to a island or somewhere out of the way but make sure the men are on land

Things to move

HCSlot (Logic For MP)

All units (MP) or Player (SP)

Server_Object (Wreck)

Respawn_west (Marker) 

Then save

If needed

Open up mission.sqm

add player="PLAY CDG"; to each playerable unit

If you edit the unit in the editor it will turn back into a soldier unit

if that is the case change   vehicle=   to vehicle="C_man_p_fugitive_F"; or some other civ type

In Shared_Arrays.hpp there is an array called MY_TRIGGERS

replace your array of locations in this array

this is an array of 2D locations (2D = [0,0] not [0,0,0]) of where you want the bad guys to spawn and patrol and where the player spawns after death

in MP the patrol area is defined in the parameters in SP all the parameters are in initServer.sqf 

and thats it.

First step getting locations 

Wrote a script for you - See below.

Add your 2D locations to MY_TRIGGERS array adjust the _default_area = 700; to get a nice coverage over the map to suit your action level requirements 

main options are (MP there are the Parameters)

(In SP they are in initServer.sqf)

_default_time = 7;    First start time of day

_default_skill = 10;    enemy skill

_default_random = 1;    random amounts of enemy

_default_groups = 5;    max enemy groups per location

_default_size = 5;      max enemy units per group 

_default_vehicles = 2;    max enemy vehicles per location

_default_defences = 1;    max enemy defences per location

_default_house = 7;      percent of houses that will contain an enemy AI per location

_default_civs = 3;        percent of Civs to houses per location

_default_vehiclebuild = 250;  amount of empty vehicles on map

_default_Wreckbuild = 150;  amount of wrecks on map

_default_fromroad = 50;  how far from a road empty vehicles/wrecks are placed on map

_default_area = 700;  Trigger and patrol area of enemy AI

In (SP) the values are in New Text Document.txt (forgot to name it in future versions this will be called Values.txt)

Getting Locations (you may need to add extra location but this should get most of them)

Open the editor on the new map

add a player to the center of the map and save the mission to anything (this is just a temporary mission so temp is fine)

make 3 scripts in the mission folder

Description.ext

init.sqf

marker.sqf

Add This code

Description.ext

saving = 0;

init.sqf

player allowdamage false;
mSpots = [];
player addAction ["Delete Places" , "marker.sqf",[0],1,false,false,"",""]; // deletes markers so Find Locations can be re-run
player addAction ["Find LocationTypes" , "marker.sqf",[1],1,false,false,"",""]; // Finds Location types for that map and copies them to clipboard select the ones you want and add them to marker.sqf

player addAction ["Find Locations" , "marker.sqf",[2],1,false,false,"",""]; //add markers to the map and copies 2D locations to clipboard (these are for MY_TRIGGER array) use Delete Places before running this a second time

onMapSingleClick "player setpos _pos";

marker.sqf

_marea = 700; //adjust this to suit, each red marker is the trigger area, match _default_area = 700; Trigger and patrol area of enemy AI
_array = [];
MapArea = 15000; // adjust this to cover the entire map

params ["","","_act"];

if (_act == 0) exitwith {{deletemarker _x} foreach mSpots};

if (_act == 1) exitwith
{
_allLocationTypes = [];
"_allLocationTypes pushBack configName _x" configClasses (configFile >> "CfgLocationTypes");
copytoclipboard str(_allLocationTypes);
Hint "Paste LocationTypes into Marker.sqf"
};

// add your Location types to this array --
_allLocationTypes = ["Airport","CityCenter","Name","Strategic","Hill","NameLocal","NameMarine","NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital","ViewPoint","BorderCrossing","fakeTown"];
sleep .1;

{
_r = position _x;
_r set[2,-1111];
_r = _r - [-1111];
if !(surfaceiswater _r) THEN {_array = _array + [_r]};
sleep .001;
systemChat format ["%1 (%2) - %3m",_x,text _x,position player distance _x];
} forEach nearestLocations [player, _allLocationTypes, MapArea];

{
_marker = str([_x]);
mSpots = mSpots + [_marker];
_marker = createMarkerlocal [_marker,_x];
_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_marker setMarkerAlphaLocal 0.3;
_marker setMarkerSize [_marea,_marea];
_marker setmarkercolor "colorred";
} foreach _array;

Hint str(count _array);
copytoclipboard str(_array);

Then play the mission and use the actions

when you think you have all the locations you need just paste them to MY_TRIGGERS array

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Hi guys. If you run the INIDB2 addon (which you should be) it saves every few seconds
The save button is disabled so the INIDBI2 can do its work.

This way no matter how many times you die the world stays the same.
Vehicles will be where you left them with the items stored in them. 
If you have a Defib you get the second chance (BIS save can not do that)

I will send a short HOW TO for porting missions soon 

Thanks! I didn't realize I can just fire the mission up as a "new game" and it loads pretty much where I left off. I though you could not resume after quitting the game. =)

I've been really loving this one so far. Sometimes the beginning is near impossible, spawning you in the middle of nowhere with hordes of hostile survivors with no equipment spawns nearby, but I find this kind of stuff really entertaining. The AI script, in which they automatically grab nearby ammunition should they need it, is extremely helpful and I love the depth of the survival system itself. Also, finally a survival mission with no zombies! =D