eggbeast

[WIP] New weapons boxes for consistency and arsenal completion

coming soon - 4 new pbos for community use

Overview

If all goes well, we will be porting in the weapons, ammo and mags from A2 Rangemaster mod including FRL_missilebox/ GLT_missilebox and many weapons from other talented donors and teams which have collaborated with us before (PRACS, unsung, etc).

The idea of this is to provide a single coherent framework for users to adopt if they wish when designing or revising their own addons.

PBO content

EB_missilebox  ---> air weapons, ammo and mags

EB_armourbox ---> land vehicle weapons,ammo and mags

EB_ammobox ---> personal weapons, ammo and mags

EB_artybox ---> artillery and statics weapons, ammo and mags

Compatibility

It will be ACE compatible.

It will be compatible with Lala14's targeting pod

Content

So far in the A2 version we have:

Air weapons - fully modelled:

weapons[] = {"EB_FFAR_Launcher","EB_FFARL_Launcher","EB_ZuniLauncher","EB_CRV7_PG_Launcher","EB_CRV7_FAT_Launcher",
"EB_CRV7_HEPD_Launcher","EB_57mm_Launcher","EB_57mm_Launcher_vec","EB_57mmL_Launcher","EB_80mm_Launcher","EB_80mmL_Launcher",
"EB_130mm_Launcher","EB_FIM92_Launcher","EB_AIM92_Launcher","EB_AIM9M_Launcher","EB_AIM9X_Launcher","EB_AIM7E_Launcher",
"EB_AIM120_Launcher","EB_SA24_Launcher","EB_R27_Launcher","EB_R60_Launcher","EB_R73_Launcher","EB_R77_Launcher","EB_AT2_Launcher",
"EB_AT3_Launcher","EB_AT6_Launcher","EB_AT9_Launcher","EB_AT9F_Launcher","EB_AT16_Launcher","EB_KH25MP_Launcher",
"EB_KH25MTP_Launcher","EB_KH29D_Launcher","EB_KH29L_Launcher","EB_KH58_Launcher","EB_BGM71_Launcher","EB_AGM12_Launcher",
"EB_AGM45_Launcher","EB_AGM65E_Launcher","EB_AGM114K_Launcher","EB_AGM114R_Launcher","EB_AGM88_Launcher","pook_ALARM_Launcher",
"EB_Mk81_Launcher","EB_Mk82_Launcher","EB_Mk83_Launcher","EB_Mk84_Launcher","EB_Mk77_Launcher","EB_Mk770_Launcher",
"EB_ZB360_Launcher","EB_ZB500_Launcher","EB_BombLauncher_fab250","EB_BombLauncher_fab500","EB_BombLauncher_kab250",
"EB_BombLauncher_kab500","EB_CBU78B_Launcher","EB_CBU87B_Launcher","EB_CBU89B_Launcher","EB_CBU100_Launcher","EB_BL755_Launcher",
"EB_pylonblanker","pook_BetAB_BombLauncher", "pook_BLU107_BombLauncher","EB_GBU8_Launcher","EB_GBU12_Launcher","EB_GBU10_Launcher",
"EB_GBU16_Launcher","EB_GBU24_Launcher","EB_GBU28_Launcher","EB_GBU31_Launcher","EB_GBU32_Launcher","EB_GBU38_Launcher",
"EB_GBU39_Launcher","EB_GBU54_Launcher","EB_GBU57_Launcher","EB_JAGM_Launcher","EB_Brimstone_Launcher","EB_AIM132_Launcher",
"EB_AGM122_Launcher","EB_AGM114N_Launcher","EB_TwinGAU19","EB_3M54E1_Launcher","EB_SA17_Launcher","EB_R37_Launcher",
"EB_AGM84_Launcher","EB_AGM84H_Launcher","EB_AGM130_Launcher","EB_AGM86C_Launcher","EB_AGM86C1_Launcher","EB_BGM109_Launcher",
"EB_AIM54_Launcher","EB_KH22_Launcher","EB_KH31_Launcher","EB_KH15S_Launcher","EB_KH15P_Launcher","EB_Crotale_Launcher",
"EB_Exocet_Launcher","EB_Magic_Launcher","EB_MICA_RF_Launcher","EB_MICA_IR_Launcher","EB_METEOR_Launcher","EB_AGM119_Launcher",
"EB_AGM154_Launcher","EB_AGM158_Launcher","EB_R3_Launcher","EB_R33_Launcher","EB_GBU43_Launcher","EB_RIM66_Launcher",
"EB_BombLauncher_kab500SE","EB_KH65_launcher","EB_3M80_Launcher","EB_KH55_launcher","EB_tu95_sonobuoy_launcher",
"EB_Tu95BombLauncher_fab500",
"EB_GAU8","EB_GAU12","EB_GAU22","EB_M61A1","EB_GP9","EB_nr23","EB_NR30","EB_NR30x2","EB_NR30x3","EB_N37",
"EB_RU_AGS17A_30mm","EB_RU_AGS17A_30mm_twin","EB_RU_AGS17A_30mm_quad","EB_M61A1x2","EB_YakB_twin",
"EB_YakB_quad","EB_GshG","EB_GshG_twin","EB_GshG_quad","EB_M134","EB_M134_2","EB_L7A1_dual","EB_TwinM134","EB_suu11a_gunpod",
"EB_TripleM134","EB_ZPL20","EB_ZPL20x2","EB_ZPL20x3","EB_GP9x2","EB_GP9x3","EB_nr23x2","EB_nr23x3","EB_UPK23","EB_UPK23x2",
"EB_SPPU22","EB_SPPU22x2","EB_SPPU22x4","EB_R24T_Launcher","EB_R60M_Launcher","EB_GSh630","EB_GSh623","EB_SPPU6","EB_SPPU6x2",
"EB_KH23M_Launcher","EB_HVARLauncher","EB_QuadM60","M197","YakB","GSh23L","GSh301","GSh302","M230","EB_BombLauncher_kab1500",
"EB_BombLauncher_fab100","EB_AGM65D_Launcher","EB_M47WP_Launcher","EB_CBUM1ALauncher","EB_CBU14ALauncher","EB_CBU22Launcher",
"EB_CBU25Launcher","EB_BombLauncher_RBK250","EB_BombLauncher_RBK500","EB_240mm_Launcher","EB_250mm_Launcher","EB_250mmL_Launcher",
"EB_SAB100_Launcher","EB_SAB500_Launcher","EB_RBK500_SPBED_Launcher","EB_KH59_Launcher","EB_BombLauncher_kab500KR",
"EB_BombLauncher_kab1500KR","EB_BombLauncher_fab100_FRAG","EB_HMP","EB_M61A1_CRAM","EB_RBS70_Launcher","EB_R40T_Launcher",
"EB_R40R_Launcher","EB_R23T_Launcher","EB_R23R_Launcher","EB_IRIS_T_Launcher","EB_ODAB500_Launcher","EB_BombLauncher_fab500Sh",
"EB_BombLauncher_TN1000"};

Air weapons include a huge amount of ammo types, ripple firing modes, specific fixes for multi-barrel and multi-instance cannons, proper rates of fire, proper ammo depletion rates and a lot of sounds.

AIR WEAPONS include:
- Correct rates of fire, shelldrop from all aircraft, naming, burst modes and enhanced real-world damage values
- 57mm, 70mm, 80mm, 125mm, 130mm, 240mm and 250mm rockets
- White Phosphorus rockets and bombs
- Thermobaric missiles, rockets and bombs
- Blast-frag missiles, rockets and bombs
- Smoke rockets
- Napalm
- Cluster bombs, Clustermines and Combined Effects Munitions (wld427/Eggbeast)
- Retarded bombs
- GPS/INS targeting for cruise missiles and glide-bombs (by Myke)

- ARM function for locating enemy radar and targeting them automatically at extreme ranges with SEAD role aircraft and ARM missiles (by hcpookie)
- Nuclear cruise missiles

Mykes movie from a few years back shows the extent of some of his beautiful model collection.  We have added to this considerably in the past 2 years.

Vehicle weapons (there are a lot more than in this list)

weapons[] = {"EB_US_M68","EB_US_M41","EB_US_M81","EB_US_M168","EB_M119","EB_M119c","EB_m73","EB_m240_mounted",
"EB_m240_mounted_2","EB_m60_mounted","EB_m60_mounted_2","EB_M2","EB_M2_2","EB_M252","EB_d10t","EB_d56t","EB_f34",
"EB_AZP23","EB_Zap23","EB_D30","EB_D30c","EB_SGMT","EB_DT","EB_PKT","EB_PKT2","EB_PKT_MI","EB_2b14","EB_SPG9",
"EB_Type36","EB_ATO42_flamethrower","EB_m10_8_flamethrower","EB_M76_flamethrower","EB_UK_L21_RARDEN_30mm",
"EB_UK_L23A1_76mm","EB_UK_L30A1_120mm","EB_UK_L11A5_120mm","EB_UK_L94A1_8mm","EB_UK_L7A2_8mm","EB_UK_L8A1_8mm",
"EB_UK_L8A2_8mm","EB_UK_L37A1_8mm","EB_UK_L37A2_8mm","EB_UK_L110A1_556mm","EB_UK_L134A1_40mm","EB_UK_L11A1_12mm",
"EB_M693_20mm","EB_bushmaster2_25mm","EB_Mk44_Bushmaster2_30mm","EB_bushmaster3_35mm","EB_AGS30",
"EB_Spike_Launcher","EB_FGM148_Launcher","EB_KV","EB_NSV","EB_Kord","EB_PKT_2","EB_PKT_3","EB_US_M240_8mm",
"EB_US_M240_8mm_2","EB_US_Mk19_40mm","EB_US_Mk19_40mm_2","EB_KPVB","EB_SA9_Launcher","EB_KPVT_quad",
"EB_S68AACannon_twin","EB_S60AACannon","EB_Dshkx2","EB_MG3A1","EB_HK_40mm"};

- each tank gun has unique ammo to its date of manufacture and export/domestic variants
- AA mg (for commander turrets) have proper ammo for AA role

- M2 has vehicle and people destroyers like APIT and SLAPT and HEIAP ammo
- GPMG have dim, bright tracer, armor piercing etc.
- flamethrower, frag, canister, smoke and lumes has special effects
- AAA has special effects, as do SAMs
- SACLOS type missiles have a laser homing option so you can target bunkers
- lots of new sounds (from sgt. savage and bigpickle)
- mag sizes as correct as we can get them
- muzzle velocities and armor piercing / splash of frag/HE/flechettes as correct as we can get them

Personal weapons includes everything from a sten to a Mk48, and all static weapons and includes new grenades like thermobaric, incendiary, smoke, napalm, WP, frag, gas, airburst and so on.  This is a config primarily but will come with some models.

Disclaimer

Not everyone will want to use this, but that's not our concern.  This is primarily allowing us to port in the vehicles in unsung and rangemaster mods going forward.

However if addonmakers do wish to adopt the mod as its "standard" we would be pleased.

That could save a lot of effort reinventing the wheel with weapons configs

ETA - dunno, but a few of us will be working to port in the content for just after xmas

Primary goal initially is to service unsung mod and a few planned plane and vehicle ports

Included Firing systems:

Clustermines and Combined effects munitions by Eggbeast / Myke / wld427

Napalm by Unsung mod, Myke and Eggbeast

GPS/INS geographical targeting by Myke

f15_sead3_zps3eee4aae.jpg

f15_agm130_3_zpsa4c81cd2.jpg

ARM over-the-horizon anti-radar engagement by hcpookie

f111_SEAD_fire_zpshyybgzei.jpg

• Like 8

holding a place for further updates, credits, classnames etc

napalm by myke

mk77_mod0_zps9fc4e324.jpg

mk77mod5_zps74ec855a.jpg

some pics of the models by von knudenberg

UB13 130mm rocket pod

ub-13_render_6_zps24c3b67a.jpg

UPK22 cannon and friends

GunPodsWIP_zps0346e6fa.jpg

AGM130

agm_130_zpsf6bfa987.jpg

Spike

spike1_zps063f2bb1.jpg

spike_pandur3_zpsempaypz2.jpg

Brimstone

brimmiesr_zpsb82drca6.jpg

Snakeyes donated by wld427 - with working retardation

new_snakes_zpsam2btzau.jpg

we also have runway busters by hcpookie

f111_blu_zpsyn08p3r3.jpg

which fire downwards from their parachutes

f111_rwy2_zpsi5sakl6n.jpg

and crater runways (also peppered around with my AP clustermines to prevent cleanup!)

f111_rwy_4_zpstjhpejp5.jpg

• Like 1

Looks very nice! Who made the F15? Dezkit or Firewill?

Edited by KokaKolaA3

Iris Simulations made the model, dezkit ported it, then we adapted it.

dunno, we might keep Rangemaster as it seems appropriate

Tons of Awesomeness... great to see Rangemasters/GLT missilebox being finally ported to A3... hope lotsa air and tanks/apc modders embrace this resource =D

cheers!

so next thing to suss out:

1. sounds

2. fx - fire, trails, explosions, etc

We have a ton of this from A2 in the mod already but I'm guessing most of it will require changing.

Are there any really great mods out there for these that we maybe could partner with?

I'm new to A3 so not sure what the best stuff is.

I might use bigpickles sounds if they still work after the last updates apparently borked them back in June.  Will contact him.

so next thing to suss out:

1. sounds

2. fx - fire, trails, explosions, etc

We have a ton of this from A2 in the mod already but I'm guessing most of it will require changing.

Are there any really great mods out there for these that we maybe could partner with?

I'm new to A3 so not sure what the best stuff is.

I might use bigpickles sounds if they still work after the last updates apparently borked them back in June.  Will contact him.

Perhaps consider partnering with CUP? :)

yeah i have been!

however some of these models cannot be released as APL_SA, as the authors wopuld not wish to have their models "owned" by others, which is totally fair enough.

so one option is that I will release this and then do a config patch for the CUP vehicles

we are talking atm

• Like 1

I was just thinking, look at these sam sights, i wish i had a lot more ways to ruin there day.

Any thoughs on anti radiation missles fuctionality or compatabilitie with pook sam site.

I wish for a misslebox. I have so many differnt class names and over laping functionality. Has there been any outreach to the big air mods out there.

USAF mod

fa-18

f-16

f-15

The big packs

RHS

Cup

well me n pook developed this pack from myke, franze, wld427, and other makers models, commissioning models from von knudenberg and others to build it up t obeing comprehensive.  The reason I announced it, and got dragged into A3 porting, is precisely because the sam pack needs the missilebox for the planes to be able to combat them.

re the other teams,

- I offered a lot of this to RHS at the beginning of their mod dev but couldn't work with their format of configs - too many fragments for me - no criticism, as I get on with them ok - I just couldn't work with the format they used

- I've helped USAF mod a lot - Fuller is in our skype chat and we have passed him a lot of stuff for his planes to use over the years including my A10 proxies and recently the clusterbomb system developed by Myke, wld427 and me for unsung mod.  I recently pointed him to this thread asking if maybe he wants to switch to this once its all done.  that's up to him.

- John Spartan (FA18) and I discussed this pack with Myke (the original developer in A2) way back before A3 came out.  He's a fan and has offered his improved models before.

- SykoCrazy (littlebird mod) offered us his littlebird weapon racks and models yesterday, which was very generous of him

- I've been talking to CUP past few days, but as we have non open source models i nthe pack, there are some difficulties. We are talking and thinking of ways to address them so watch this space.  They already have all my stock plane models and configs so the proxies are set up to use these weapons and racks already.

I would hope the other single plane guys would love the content andwant to use it with their releases, once they have a chance to see it and use it and test it

In A2 we have a huge number of planes and vehicles that use this system.  The configs represent 2 years of work by an experienced team (military and weapons experience) to create a harmonious, consistent battlefield weapons system across every weapon usable.  I don't apply this to the future stuff in A3, we won't touch that. it just ain't us sorry!

• Like 1

Everything I read is what I could hope for. I believe a coprehensive missile pack will bring A3 modding some functionality for mod makers and users a lot. I can model a plane in blender but a fractured balisitcs and a missile pack crom other mods seem painfull. Thank-you so much all.

I believe pook has some C-RAM missile targeting capabilities. Has there been any discussion on fuctionality like that? I know im going to look into it as soon as this is released although what I have read on c-ram attemps so far it doesn't seem like a small scripting matter.

pooks anti missile stuff works with this pack yes

he's a developer of both mods

we co-developed the sam pack with this weapons pack

other functionality: clusterbombs and CEMs, incendiary and thermobaric warheads and bombs, angel-wing flares, cluster-mines of various types, runway busters that fire downwards from parachutes to crater runways (and scatter little surprises for clean-up guys), MOAB, penetrators, sono-buoys, cruise missiles, stand-off weapons, retarded bombs, smoke marker rockets, all kinds of good shit - a lot developed by pook.

• Like 1

:o

1. are you the Arma Santa(s)?

2.Any time line of release -sorry i know

3.Can AGM work on map object radar on altis and stratis?

No more questions from me after this.

1. yes

2. not known yet, as no experience of porting, however there's 2 years of testing and debugging already done so its a technicality really. i would say end jan tobe conservative. if i get really motivated it would be 2 weeks work

3. no idea.even if you had the model as a pbo and patched it to make it a lasertarget =1, it wouldnt show up cos when a map is packed the buildings are set in stone and no changes to the base model/config for that object will be patched afterwards on the map object.  However if the model was available it could be "placed" on top of the old object and targeted thus.  we have GPS targeting - you can use that to target any location with AGM's like the AGM130, or you can get a guy to lase it.

It's great to see you guys port over all this awesome stuff from a2.

I hope this eventually will get supported by all the major aicraft mods out there, can't wait to have tons of cool stuff to drop at the enemies :)

• Like 2

Hey egg sorry ive been busy with work but yes i will definitely be switching to this hit me up when your ready to discuss everything.

ok maybe i can have a peep at your configs to get me started on A3 cannon and missilebase inheritances etc!!

Will you be able to make custom load outs and maybe even view a pilot manual like on Peral's A10C? Or will there only be presets of weapons? And is there any chance of seeing a Mig-21bis at some point?

this is a weapon pack not a plane pack

custom loadouts will be included as fixed presets. I am not in favour of putting in weeks of work for one GUI per plane, when I can do all planes in a week.