Richie

[WIP] Terrain - Isla De Spero

The UK Gaming Zone admin team have been working on a new terrain, after many months and hundreds of hours, we have something to show you, please bear in mind it's a very early WIP smile.png

Although based on a real location the map is fictional to allow freedom and changes to suit ArmA.

Terrain Details :

Grid Size = 4096

Cell Size - 5

Terrain Size = 20,480m x 20,480m

Screen shots Here

Future Plans :

Once the main island is completed a first release will be open for testing, then published for feedback and bug reports.

Feedback and suggestions will be discussed and new changes implemented.

Extra land mass will be added in the North East, there's plenty room for more content.

What we do need are one or two talented people to help with object placement, we still have 8 towns and cities to do, there are also plans for more, as well as miscellaneous objects such as the remote farms, windmills, boundary walls and other unique areas.

If you think you can help then please get in touch, either by private message, jump on our TS3 server TS.UK-Gaming-Zone.co.uk or email to Admin@UK-Gaming-Zone.co.uk

If you're a modeler and have some work to share we'd be delighted to use anything you have to offer, anything from a bush, road sign to new buildings.

• Like 9

Looks very nice, southern europe feeling, i like it. 

(...don´t forget all the bars and clubs...)  ;)

Good luck for your project.

Greetings

McLupo

Awww not Ibiza :( Close enough I suppose :P

Nope... It's Formentera island in real life, just south of Ibiza though.  But the airport nearby what is Cap De Barbaria (irl) lighthouse is odd to behold at that place, because it doesn't excist in real life.  :P Though for fun and games, nice to be back on the spot I'd visited back in the 1980's!

But the airport nearby what is Cap De Barbaria (irl) lighthouse is odd to behold at that place, because it doesn't excist in real life.   :P

You are correct :) as the island had no airport and most missions/mods use one, we took Ibiza's airport and moved it South.

Looks great - especially like the runway lights! I looked at that island as a candidate for a new map, but decided against it as, with all the villages to do, we'd be on Arma 6 by the time I finished it. :P

Happy mapping! 

with all the villages to do, we'd be on Arma 6 by the time I finished it. :P

Happy mapping! 

It was quite a large terrain to call a first but you have to be ambitious, It's also one of the reasons we're looking for some help, hopefully someone from the community will jump on board to help build towns/cities and speed up the release.

Love that runway !

It looks pretty cool from the air in the dark, as mentioned it's actully Ibiza Airport

Auto landing places you right in the middle to make it easier to take back off after landing.

Going to give this a quick bump, we're still looking for 1 or 2 people to join us with object placement, if you're handy with the editor, MapBuilder or xCam then get in touch.

The quicker we get some towns and cities built, the sooner we can release :)

I'm pretty damn handy with XCam. I sent you a PM inquiring about the project.

Sent you a reply :)

Looking good Richie... keep up the great work!

richie, i´ve sent you a  pm. :)

Welcome Gwiddik to the team, he'll be placing objects and all the eye candy along with TheVampire.

Tonight will see the birth of the capital city, if you want to watch then tune in to Twitch around 7pm GMT, you can also see the town of Cordova being built from Last weeks stream

It's been over a month since the last update, so here's a few new pictures :)

KD5vykm.jpg

vw0aiis.jpg

hsdsOJC.jpg

UuWSOBm.jpg

LpLbXuV.jpg

Full Album

• Like 4

Looking splendid Richie! :D

Not as splendid as your signs, it's them little details that make all the difference, can't wait to place them down :D

Nice work Richie & team, it's coming together nicely!

• Like 1

The screenshots are stunning....what a beautiful little island....best of luck with the project.

Amazing Richie, amazing :notworthy:

Silola