icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Lingor & Dingor for A3

G'day Icebreakr,

Just conducted a test on Lingor running only latest version of CBA, Lingor and Panthera and AiA TP.

When placing a player unit on the ground and starting the scenario, the character dies immediately. This also happens if the character is grouped with another NPC, although the NPC doesn't die.

If the player unit is placed in water and the scenario is started, the character takes damage but does not die. If grouped with a NPC, placed on land, the NPC also takes damage but does not die.

Perhaps you could look into this matter when you have some time? Thanks for your hard work.

P.S. I also was running it with CUP Terrains Core and Islands, not AiA TP, last night when I had the first experience of this problem.

• Like 1

i had the same problem and discovered that it has to do with the waves. if you turn down waves to a minimum, it should work. at least it does for me...

It's a bug in the waves config. I'll fix it with the release of 3.x final non-beta version soon. Along with other many things...

• Like 2

lightspeed_aust: send me PM, I can add that next week in my new Unit Pack I've been preparing. Too bad I spent 4 days with "not compatible with EDEN" bug :)

p.s. also reported to BIS - EDEN kills all units placed on Lingor if they're not the vehicle - when clicking Play / Preview.

p.s. also reported to BIS - EDEN kills all units placed on Lingor if they're not the vehicle - when clicking Play / Preview.

Whoever starts the ticket let me know and i'll upvote!

lightspeed_aust: send me PM, I can add that next week in my new Unit Pack I've been preparing. Too bad I spent 4 days with "not compatible with EDEN" bug :)

Out of this world bug.

Icebreaker,

Check for floating objects, not on PC right now but it's at Drassen.

First house east of the old church ruins (on the hill).

Confirmed... Trying to place any unit on the map is insta-death :-(

TL;DR

Cheranus and Lingor were made into Pilgrimage mods by Rydygier.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163307-sp-pilgrimage/

Both of these maps cause saves to be corrupted. We can save, reload a game if die while still in the game but the next time we try to load up a save game (the next day for example) the game fails to load and crashes.

This has been mentioned by several people in that thread and I was wondering if the author was aware of a fix or workaround?

Pilgrimage was originally made for Altis and that works fine.

I'll release an update - one class has a wrong name and causes error notice while returning from the Editor or when loading an old save. Easily fixable :)

• Like 1

All work on the update has been halted since some a$$holes are using my island for Life missions that are expressly forbidden on my islands such as Lingor, as stated in the permissions (readme file)! 

• Like 6

So someone does something with your map, you have a problem with that, and as a consequence, we don't have your map anymore. You don't really loose anything, but we loose the map. Something's wrong somewhere. Imagine every mod maker doing the same thing. I am really very sorry that you feel that way about how to deal with this problem. Let's hope some day every single individual will respect your wishes, so that one day, maybe, we will be able to enjoy what you do again. Until then, thank you for all your work :) .

IB, sorry to hear that ppl are still messing with your stuff but don't let the actions of a few wreck it for us.

The Ghosts need the final version.

Sush... I said sush!  ...

• Like 1

Life missions (without my permission) were removed from the workshop. Work on islands continues!

P.s. Can someone point me to a website that offers Lingor Life that French vblogger MrSuperRat plays/streams on YT? I need to shut them down...

• Like 9

I mean the life mod on Lingor he streams not the vblogger's site :)

This stuff makes me sick. Why is it that the life modders always seem to take work that isn't  theirs?

This stuff makes me sick. Why is it that the life modders always seem to take work that isn't  theirs?

Greed. It's an almost inevitable side-effect of paids mods. Perhaps some might understand why others on this forums and elsewhere are so hostile to paid mods.