DnA

Release Candidate Branch Discussion

Please use this thread for discussion specific to the Release Candidate (RC) branch on Steam, when it's available in the weeks leading up to a release. The preferred method of reporting issues in that build is the Feedback Tracker. Thanks!

192.99.47.216:2102
192.99.47.216:2202
192.99.47.216:2302
3x KOTH server with 1.50 RC

94.23.112.9:2202

94.23.112.9:2202

2x KOTH server with 1.50 RC, Europe

• Like 1

RC 1.52 crashes to desktop nearly every 15-30 minutes,

in multiplayer when respawn your computer tend to freeze for minutes

and arma 3 then crashes back to desktop with error message "arma 3 has stopped working".

switched back to 1.50 after one week testing RC and permanent crashes

in the current state the RC is unplayable!

Could you fix this before release 1.52 to public?

@maquez, can you 7zip and upload mdmp, bidmp and RPT file from moment of the crash e.g. to dropbox and share the link ?

It doesn't feel like it's ready for stable...

Well they seem happy with it lol. I just want the new sway and flinching really bad....currently it's annoying to face shot someone with a 30% lethality rate.

We've encountered some issues during a large MP test on Friday. They have been fixed, but we'll want to confirm that in another test. The release window opens later this week, but it will depend on further test results. This is quite a chunky update, so there are many moving parts to keep track of.

• Like 3

Hi, I would like to bring attention to the issue addressed in my latest Feeback ticket, It seems as though something happened with this particular mission and the supports available. I realize this has been assigned, but considering that it is a game crash, it could affect players wanting to replay the showcase missions (as I often enjoy doing).

• Like 1

Hi, I would like to bring attention to the issue addressed in my latest Feeback ticket, It seems as though something happened with this particular mission and the supports available. I realize this has been assigned, but considering that it is a game crash, it could affect players wanting to replay the showcase missions (as I often enjoy doing).

Good point, thanks a lot. Form what I can see and try, it seems like the issue has been already fixed in the release candidate. Could You, please, confirm that? :icon_twisted:

The current rc branch causes alot of trouble together with cba. Was any progress made either by bis or the cba team? Last time I checked the FT of cba, they claimed that the issues were not fixable from their side.

The current rc branch causes alot of trouble together with cba. Was any progress made either by bis or the cba team? Last time I checked the FT of cba, they claimed that the issues were not fixable from their side.

(We have fixed a few issues and will release an update of CBA soon. Questions on this can be asked in the CBA thread in the Addons&Mods Complete forums)

Now, for 1.54 RC, there is a problem with the isNumber command for some config entries that appear to have had their values increased in 1.54. See http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26663

In short: the transportAmmo, transportFuel and transportRepair values for several vehicles have been increased to 10^12 and while you can read these values with the getNumber command, the isNumber command returns false for these config entries.

• Like 2

The error in that command has been found and a fix is incoming; should be no problem to include in 1.54 published in the RC. Thanks for the report.

is this jsut me, because on the NMD arsenal menu, nothing has armor, its all just weight

Hi!

Just asking for the BIS_fnc_setTask issue. I cannot see anything related in the RC "pseudochangelog" regarding this, and seems (in the honest opinion of an amateur coder), one of the easy to solve plus one that may be affecting a good base of the user made content around the scene with scripted tasks.

Any tip on that?

Thanks in advance!

That issue is now also fixed in the RC, we hope.

Thanks DnA! Have an unstressed Friday and a happy weekend!

But don't forget to publish the hotfix before going home ;)

Regards!

• Like 1

Hi again!

Solving the setTask function discovered me another malfunction with deleteTask and taskExists, as there is some variable there which is not updated in deleteTask and makes taskExists return true no matter what.

Reported the issue but I see no response.

Any workaround (what the hell do with the variable) would be very appreciated.

Hi!

Just asking for the BIS_fnc_setTask issue. I cannot see anything related in the RC "pseudochangelog" regarding this, and seems (in the honest opinion of an amateur coder), one of the easy to solve plus one that may be affecting a good base of the user made content around the scene with scripted tasks.

Any tip on that?

Thanks in advance!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26894

• Like 2

RC testing for update 1.56 (Eden Update) has started.

• Steam branch access code: Arma3Update156RC
  • Arma 3: ~1.5 GB / Arma 3 Server: ~692 MB
  • Notes:
    • Caution: campaign progress saves made in 1.56 cannot be used in 1.54 (the other way does work). Please back up your saves before switching to the RC branch, or use a new profile.
    • Known issue: Linux servers are not working properly yet.
  • Areas of focus (pseudo-changelog):

Before I put my nose into the new air_f.pbo tonight, any information how to configure the weapon in vehicles so they can be switched via the new control binds?

Thank you.

Before I put my nose into the new air_f.pbo tonight, any information how to configure the weapon in vehicles so they can be switched via the new control binds?

Thank you.

No worries.

There are four new actions available that allow for vehicle weapon switching, with each new action relating to a weapons group. These weapon groups exist as config parameters in the vehicle class and return an enumerated number value, which correlates to a specific weapon type or grouping of weapon types. The available weapon types and their values are as follows, defined in Arma 3's basic defines:

#define WEAPONGROUP_CANNONS      1  // Cannons
#define WEAPONGROUP_MGUNS        2  // Machine Guns
#define WEAPONGROUP_ROCKETS      4  // Rockets
#define WEAPONGROUP_AAMISSILES   8  // Anti-Air Missiles
#define WEAPONGROUP_ATMISSILES  16  // Anti-Tank Missiles
#define WEAPONGROUP_MISSILES    32  // All / Other Missiles
#define WEAPONGROUP_BOMBS       64  // Bombs
#define WEAPONGROUP_SPECIAL    128  // Laser Designator + Misc

The weapons group config parameters in the vehicle class can then use these enumerated values to determine what weapon types exist under which group.

class CfgVehicles
{
    class MyPrettyAirplane
    {
        weaponsGroup1 = WEAPONGROUP_CANNONS + WEAPONGROUP_MGUNS;                                // Adds Cannons and Machine Guns to Weapons Group 1
        weaponsGroup2 = WEAPONGROUP_ROCKETS;                                                    // Adds Rockets to Weapons Group 2
        weaponsGroup3 = WEAPONGROUP_AAMISSILES + WEAPONGROUP_ATMISSILES + WEAPONGROUP_MISSILES; // Adds All Missile types to Weapons Group 3
        weaponsGroup4 = WEAPONGROUP_BOMBS + WEAPONGROUP_SPECIAL;                                // Adds Bombs and Laser Designators to Weapons Group 4
    };
};

Hopefully this answers your question. :)

• Like 4

All in its a very good update with some excellent additions

Improved parallax ground surface technology
Excellent no more ground bow waves

Added: Geometric occluders
Excellent this when incorporated into models and with the new createObject commands could prove to be a great addition

Added: HBAO+
Nice always good to have new graphics tech

Tweaked: Fonts
Much need excellent addition

Added: Eden 3D Editor
Excellent addition but....

NO KEY BINDINGS - Ive seen it mentioned numerous times on the forums, Ive mentioned it numerous times on the forums and in the feedback tracker and i have seen absolutely no response.
You just cant release this without key bindings, for those who dont use WASD it is UNUSABLE.
Camera movement is synonymous with the infantry movement controls and that IS how it should be but for those of us that use for example ESDF we cant move the camera forward as E is hard bound to the entities window.
You already have Zeus controls and Bulldozer controls make them synonymous with Eden.
Moving from playing the game to the editor should be as painless as possible e.g keys should be the same. It has bugged me since Alpha that the splendid camera is hard bound and i always have to mentally remember to to change my finger placement and no matter how many times ive mentioned it it has never been changed.
I realise i can use the old 2D editor and from discussion else where on the forums i realise your considering leaving some access to it but as your starting to push Eden as the default choice it can not go public without the option of key bindings.

Otherwise its looking like an excellent update to the game.