kenoxite

List of issues with the new forums engine

You are right, the right click image is not working they way you and probably others want. It is planned that the popup preview frame will be removed.

Now fixed. Please let me know if you have any issues with right click menu on images in your browser.

Also, this is the other item I forgot to mention that it's not actually fixed. The buttons are not present in the editing page, at least when you try the "More reply options" one (you can see the list of posts made below your WIP post/reply, but they are plain text and without any buttons).

Investigating this one.

With my test account at regular member access. On a page of posts, if I choose Quote or Multiquote and then begin reply, the quotes are in my reply as normal. While editing if I choose More Reply Options, I am presented with the same content, quotes included, but I then get a Preview above what I am writing, a couple of options (enable emoticons/enable signature) to the right, and for reference the full page of posts below(these do not have quote or reply buttons next to them because I am already composing a reply).

You do have to choose the quote / multi quote content before you start the reply.

BohemiaBeck, some points I observed (not sure if they were reported already):

When following a link to a thread, the thread is shown for a short moment, then I'm redirected to https://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?

As far as I noticed, it occours, when:

- I'm logged in

- When there are no other forum pages open in other tabs in my browser.

Not sure if that helps....

The mobile version is a blessing, as on smartphones (at least on mine) the forum font is too small.

But it is often useless because there is no "Last page" or "First page" selection in the threads. Only "Next" and "Previous" page, which obviously doesn't make any sense in threads with 80 pages...

I'm not sure if it's my fresh installed browser or not, but as I typed this text here, I went to another page and all text was lost. :( Could it be that in the new forum there is no warning that the browser is leaving the page? Or is this not related to the forum software? At least I was warned ealier.

I don't think there is a need to bind this to the number of posts, it might be confusing for newbies that they cant see it, and (I hope) the senior members are not that elitist.

Set that either to zero, or even better, bring the old system with ranks back, it fits the theme of ArmA :)

On this topic:

The profile area of the post looks messy now with the share button, It should go to the right top of the post, as all forums have it.

And pleaaaase bring the "Join date" back below the avatar, that's way more useful info compared to the postcount.

The member title is tied to the old system of ranks. My mistake on this one. Should now be set properly, meaning users will not have edit access to member title. The ranks are based on number of posts, which give the member title.

Agree on the profile area. Work is in progress as soon as the web team can get back on forum items. Initial changes were made for the distinction / separation of posts and the author of the post, which resulted in the unintended bad placement of the share icon / thread post #.

The join date in the profile/avatar area of a post is logged and is planned to be brought back. 

BohemiaBeck, some points I observed (not sure if they were reported already):

When following a link to a thread, the thread is shown for a short moment, then I'm redirected to https://forums.bistudio.com/index.php?

As far as I noticed, it occours, when:

- I'm logged in

- When there are no other forum pages open in other tabs in my browser.

Not sure if that helps....

The mobile version is a blessing, as on smartphones (at least on mine) the forum font is too small.

But it is often useless because there is no "Last page" or "First page" selection in the threads. Only "Next" and "Previous" page, which obviously doesn't make any sense in threads with 80 pages...

I'm not sure if it's my fresh installed browser or not, but as I typed this text here, I went to another page and all text was lost. :( Could it be that in the new forum there is no warning that the browser is leaving the page? Or is this not related to the forum software? At least I was warned ealier.

1. There are some issues with login and page location that are under investigation. This may not solve your issue, but it did solve it on a test account I use: Logout then clear out the browser cache and temporary files. After that, I have not had the issue occur again on my test account.

2. The mobile version will see some improvements soon, but any changes there will come after the higher priority items are resolved.

3. I have not seen this item yet, but it might be related to item 1. If you could try clearing the cache and temporary files and see if that has an affect, let us know.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

- Tapatalk integrated functionality

It is installed however there are issues in the testing we have been performing.

Unfortunately, there will likely need to be possibly some changes to Tapatalk client software, because of the unified BI account system.

Will continue to investigate.

What does "changes to Tapatalk client software" mean? Does BIS expect Tapatalk to change to accommodate for the new forum system?

If the new forums mean no more Tapatalk integration, then this change was really for the worse...

What does "changes to Tapatalk client software" mean? Does BIS expect Tapatalk to change to accommodate for the new forum system?

If the new forums mean no more Tapatalk integration, then this change was really for the worse...

Tapatalk is currently making changes to their beta client and for bug fixes specifically for Invision Power service v4. The backend of our forums are currently on v3 and it is planned to move to v4 in the future.

The main purpose of the forums migration was to support the unified BI account system on the backend.

1. There are some issues with login and page location that are under investigation. This may not solve your issue, but it did solve it on a test account I use: Logout then clear out the browser cache and temporary files. After that, I have not had the issue occur again on my test account.

That didn't work, unfortunately. :(

I have to disable Addblock Plus on Chrome to login as well.

Can you please move the post index back into the body of the post..

1. It makes absolutely no sense being in the users section. (IMO looks horrible there)

2. When you are on the advanced editing page(More Reply Options) if you need to make a reference back to a previous post all the indexs are missing.

If it was moved to reduce vertical height just float it top right but it should have some sort of relationship to post time.

Since the new forum installment, i'm getting Czeck language spam mails on my email contact adress. Considering the amount of spam posts on the forum, i'm beginning to wonder how safe the new forum engine is !

At the moment i post, i can count six spam topics posted.

EDIT : more than 10 now. The anti spam measures aren't really serious.

Since the new forum installment, i'm getting Czeck language spam mails on my email contact adress. Considering the amount of spam posts on the forum, i'm beginning to wonder how safe the new forum engine is !

At the moment i post, i can count six spam topics posted.

EDIT : more than 10 now. The anti spam measures aren't really serious.

Yes, these spam threads are getting out of hand. Every time I open up the forums to check for new content there's a handful popping up. I didn't get any spam mails though and truly hope our adresses haven't been leaked. It's one of the few times I didn't use a garbage adress to create an account. :/

A size limit for signature would be welcome. I see some member on this forum with huge signature.

Size limits of signatures will be modified to be the same as they were on the old forums. This item is logged and in the que.

To clarify the Dailymotion query. It looks like I'm asking for something that hadn't been available on the previous board. But Dailymotion video was indeed supported. A list of compatible sites would be appreciated. :)

It is planned that Dailymotion video will be supported. Currently, these are the supported sites: YouTube, MySpace Video, GameTrailers, YouTu.be, Vimeo

Lot's of spambot passing through the anti spam system, needs a little overhaul.

Agree, and it has been logged and in the que.

That didn't work, unfortunately. :(

Could you please let me know what browser you are using. Perhaps send me a PM and we can troubleshoot what is happening and hopefully I can write up any issues clearly for the web team.

I have to disable Addblock Plus on Chrome to login as well.

There are issues logged for the Addblock plugins causing login issue. The web team will be looking to resolve these.

I posted this before,

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/71106-new-forums-feedback-thread-bugssuggestions-here-please/?view=findpost&p=2896332

There is an old YouTube tag with my profile that doesn't work, but no way to edit it.  Please add a way to edit or remove YouTube tags in profiles.

You should now be able to edit the social links(My Settings - scroll down to "Contact Methods")

Can you please move the post index back into the body of the post..

1. It makes absolutely no sense being in the users section. (IMO looks horrible there)

2. When you are on the advanced editing page(More Reply Options) if you need to make a reference back to a previous post all the indexs are missing.

If it was moved to reduce vertical height just float it top right but it should have some sort of relationship to post time.

1. Agree. The web team has this issue logged and they will be testing UI changes for the placement of the post count and link.

2. Will investigate this item.

Could you please send me a PM so that I may follow up on this. I have not seen others with this issue before/yet.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

I posted this before,

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/71106-new-forums-feedback-thread-bugssuggestions-here-please/?view=findpost&p=2896332

There is an old YouTube tag with my profile that doesn't work, but no way to edit it.  Please add a way to edit or remove YouTube tags in profiles.

Yeah, contact info is indeed messed up. How it looks for me:

q58X4NW.jpg

Blue - new data from IPB

Red - data transferred from vBulletin.

Few days ago blue was editable, and visible in sidebar. Red was not editable, and visible only in profile page. Also - links doesn't link actually to TW/FB pages.

Now, after yesterday's change blue is still visible, but not editable, and red is still not visible, but editable. So nothing works as it should now.

EDIT due to BohemiaBeck's post:

You should now be able to edit the social links(My Settings - scroll down to "Contact Methods")

As You can see from my example - it doesn't work. "Old" (transeferred from vB) Contact Methods are editable, but doesn't show in sidebar, and links are not links in profile. Sidebar shows "new" info (from IPB, added after migration), but these are not editable now.

Also, because I'm doing edit - I still don't see "Reasons for edit" anywhere, even after checking "Add the Edit by line".

Could you please send me a PM so that I may follow up on this. I have not seen others with this issue before/yet.

Done, with received spam mails.

Post links have vanished, the post # used to be in the top right corner, now they're missing.

*Edit*

I found them, they're under the profile for some reason :unsure:

See image http://i.imgur.com/I4xQOP8.png

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

I suggest you ignore the social stuff for while because that vB plugin was something I done long time ago so it will take some time to replace it with something appropriate on IPS Board

the key is that old values are kept and can be re-used when new module is ready

Hello,

I have created and pinned a new thread for forums status items and feedback. Please feel free to use it for any future feedback and discussion.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184155-forums-migrationupdate-status-items/

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Good, good. I'm finally discharged! :)

Feel free to lock this thread to avoid further confusion over where to report things.