shoter0

Shoter's Animation Script

Polpox has abonded his script.

I have written with help of his source code my animation script which does pretty well the same as polpox's one, but in diffrent way. The major diffrence is that it is MULTIPLAYER and JIP compatible. I had big problems running Polpox's script on multi with my clan.

If you did not see Polpox's script i will try to briefly explain what does it do.

The main idea behind script is to throw more life into soldiers when they are idle and doing nothing at camp/base by animating them with various animations. That's it. It only gives various animations to soldiers.

Usage :

nic = [this, animation_name] execVM "ShoterAnimation\ShoterAnimation.sqf";

Example :

nic = [this, "sit"] execVM "ShoterAnimation\ShoterAnimation.sqf";

Animation Names :

"briefing"
"lean"
"patrol"
"pushups"
"repair_kneel1"
"repair_kneel2"
"repair_prone"
"repair_stand"
"sit"
"sit_high"
"sit_low"
"sit_rifle"
"sit_table"
"stand"
"talk"

Youtube video :

Download link to sample mission :

https://www.sendspace.com/file/u336eh

Great thanks to Polpox for showing me by his source code how to make script which uses animations from ArmA.

Changelog :

v 1.0.2 :

-AI won't stop animation when ally shoots near them.

v 1.0.1 :

-Deleted thrash files from mission folder

v 1.0.0

-Initial release

Edited by shoter0

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

When I fire my rifle, AI stop their animation... :confused:

Can you please fix the problem..

I see two (PLP_calmSoldier & Test).sqf in your mission folder.. Do I need that files in my mission folder?

Edited by H-Singh

Owww. Sorry!

I was copying animations names from Polpox's scipt and i left this :P.

Ok. I'm updating my link to downloads.

link : https://www.sendspace.com/file/48v4zf

With firing this was intended behaviour because mostly it was used by my clan on enemies. I will fix it up in next release. Now animation will be stopped when enemy will fire a shot in their area.

Thanks for carrying on the work there and getting a release out :) I was watching his thread, too bad about him having to let it go, I've been there a few times with past "projects" myself, and sometimes due to many different things, you just have to move on.

Arma series has been missing this Imo. I used to enjoy making use of the various relaxed/at ease animations from Ghost Recon for soldiers hanging out. I quickly gave up trying to get animations like that from Arma due to likely the same issues this animation system deals with - problems with animation switching due to combat situations.

Sir, when do you update your mod with enemy fire fix... I am waiting for it. If you will fix it than it would be the awesome mod.....

Updated. Now AI won't stop animation if ally fires weapon near them.

thanks sir.. can you give me the link....

Thanks for the wonderful work..

I belive the updated link is in the first post.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Awesome script !

But i have a question ... How we can make new animation ?

thank's

Good question! :)

First you need to create new *.sqf file in Animation folder. It's name will automatically serve as new animation in script. You don't need to edit anything else in making animation, only your sqf file.

Animation file must return array which must consist of minimum 3 elements.

Last element in array is animation player when soldier died. It can be either code or string. String will initiate desired animation name when code will execute itself upon dead of the unit.

Element before last is animation when soldier end it's animation sequence. When our soldier is wounded or spotted enemy then this animmation will be triggerred. It can be either string or code like in last one.

Elements that are proceeding those 2 are animation sequence which will be looped infinitely until soldier decide to stop it to engage enemy. Those element can only be string. Soldier uses animation in same order as they were defined in array.

In script you can get your soldier object by accessing _this select 0. Check it out in file : pushups.sqf

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them.

This is super awesome, good stuff!

Set it up to work with the Ares Mod custom spawn module for the animations that I plan to use often, works great. Let me know if anyone wants to do the same, I can paste the setup function.

I do have a question though, is there a good way to stop the animation? Any bit of code we could use to smoothly have them end the animation, if you need them to start moving for example, or want to switch animations? It works great if they get into combat, just need a manual way to end it too.

Thanks again!

I will try to add this functionality after the weekend. Keep an eye on the topic.

Soulis6

Let me know if anyone wants to do the same, I can paste the setup function.

Have you still got this? Would appreciate if you could post the code.

Cheers.

Soulis6

Have you still got this? Would appreciate if you could post the code.

Cheers.

Whoops, didn't see this till now. Sure thing.

If you already have the current version of the Ares mod and Shoters setup, then it's pretty easy:

In your init.sqf, make sure you have:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "ShoterAnimation\init.sqf";

somewhere near the top, then anywhere after:

if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Ares")) then
{
   ["CustomAnimations", "Animation: Talk", {[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "talk"] execVM "ShoterAnimation\ShoterAnimation.sqf"}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
   ["CustomAnimations", "Animation: Sit", {[(nearestObject [_this select 0, "Man"]), "sit"] execVM "ShoterAnimation\ShoterAnimation.sqf"}] call Ares_fnc_RegisterCustomModule;
   //repeat for all wanted animations, replacing the "talk"/"sit" param with whatever animation you want to play
};

The only problem is currently there's no way to exit the animation that I know of, except for having the AI get into a combat state. Shoter said he'd be taking a look at that at some point and possibly adding it, but i'm not sure if this project is still active or not.

EDIT: was able to get the animation to stop by calling

ShoterAnimation_fnc_EndAnimation

but then the problem is that you can't play any other animations on that unit. Will have to look at it again later.

Edited by Soulis6

Hi there,

@Soulis6: I've tried your Ares implemntation but it seems not working on dedicated server: Only I (as Zeus) can see the animation, no players are seeing NPC animated.

I'm quite new to code in Arma, so any ideas are really welcomed. I'm guessing this issue is not complicated but I have no idea where to look.

Cheers

I've not done any Ares implementation yet, but i have managed to get the animations to play on my dedicated server for all players.

Put the following into the execution box of a unit, when double clicking on them in zeus as admin.

[[[this, "sit"],"ShoterAnimation\ShoterAnimation.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Seems to work fine, just change the animation name as needed.

I'm unsure of any effects to server performance etc.  Basically had a trawl through the BI Wiki, and cobbled it together,

The script I've been looking for! I've always hated the deadness in Arma 3 AI while they are unprovoked, but now MP animations? Sweet!

I may have found a bug though :(

Place an AI unit with an animation in a guard tower like the patrol tower, and eventually they'll fall through to ground level. I thought it was just happening in an Alpha mod called Unsung because some other animations were doing all sorts of whacky things, but I have reproduced the fall through issue on Stratis.

Hey, thanks for this script. I'm having a little difficulty with the looping.

In my scenario I have an AI engineer next to a helicopter. I want the engineer to loop the repair_kneel1 animation for about 45 minutes while the players fend off attacks. At the end of the 45 minutes I want to kill the engineer and setdamage 0 the helicopter.

The animation takes about 20 seconds so i'm looking for about 150 loops.

- How do I get the animation to loop 150 times or even better, for 45 minutes?

- How do I exitWith 

heli setDamage 0;
		heli setvehiclelock "unlocked";
		engineer setDamage 1;
		hint "The CH-47 is repaired, but our Engineer had a heart attack from all the excitement.";

?

Thanks!