Wow... Do the water skids work? This is a pretty old plane to have around in 2035, there are other things, but damn... That's some high quality renovation for such an old beast. Well done.

Nice work! It's cool to have the beast in A3 :)

Wow... Do the water skids work? This is a pretty old plane to have around in 2035, there are other things, but damn... That's some high quality renovation for such an old beast. Well done.

Why should it be in 2035? Aren't around WW2 mods, vietnam mods, modern warfare mods, etc.?

On the other hand the An2 it's used nowadays by the VDV.

• Like 1

Thank you DarkSide,

No sadly not yet. The skids and the amphibian plane are mere placeholders till I can get the scripting going (the skids are very simple polygons right now).

Gnats C185 is proof it is possible though. Will keep working on it for sure. Once it works in game I will update the skids polygons too!

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone, will keep working on this one!

New mod 0.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Sabre_Dust;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Awesome. Very much welcomed. Love these kinds of nontraditional addons.

Thanks Miller and Sonsalt6 for mirroring!

All of this is going a lot better than expected. I never would have thought I make such quick progress

(remember this is my first port of this kind and my earlier attempts usually ended quite frustrating)

Some news:

-For all TrackIR users: Thanks to Feint I added the code from his HeadRange+ addon. Thanks alot!

-I managed to get the rear wheel turn in sync with the rudder. Interesting fact is, once airborne it stops. Guess the game engine is taking care of that itself.

-collision lights are somewhat visible now but not as good as I wish. Will try to put some polygon over it with an emitting material thingy. Or something.. no idea

-amphi version still sinks like a block of concrete. trying to reproduce Gnats c185 amphi version.

2015-01-01_00046.jpg

/fail : (

2015-01-02_00065.jpg

first successful landing on my fake float I am trying to use.

Edited by Sabre_Dust

new update 0.74 out now. I would have waited on first release if I had known I'd manage to fix the open issues so quickly, sorry about that : )

next update will take a bit longer.

making the Amphibian version work is my next plan

Edited by Sabre_Dust
removed dl link, go up to 1st post for dl

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thanks for providing mirrors all of you!

Thank you DarkSide,

No sadly not yet. The skids and the amphibian plane are mere placeholders till I can get the scripting going (the skids are very simple polygons right now).

Gnats C185 is proof it is possible though. Will keep working on it for sure. Once it works in game I will update the skids polygons too!

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone, will keep working on this one!

I see. Well I can't wait to see a working version, with the Cesna, when you got out on the water it placed you on the skid, and you could walk around on it perfectly.

@Accuracy

probably: you may also see it in a vietnam mod - I handed my source files over to devilslayersbane. Maybe he will add an armed version.

-I might try my luck with it too independently.

I also wanted to add firing from vehicles but it seems it's restricted to helos and cars and such if I am not mistaken.

I added a sitting position on the wing too with that in mind (you will only notice it when the plane is fully loaded with people)

@DarkSide

Yes the cessna is really really well done. Both the idea how to make it work and then the way it's implemented!

It's just not as easy as I thought - I managed to port the whole thing in a day and the current state in two. But even trying to make it float took more time already and no success yet lol.

Again proof for me how well the cessna is done.

Luckily Gnat is helping me and now I hope I can reproduce it sometime in the future : )

A few updates:

2015-01-08_00008.jpg
Seaplane working courtesy of Gnats amphibian technology magic. It's a pure sea plane as the original An-2. No gear like with Gnats C185. You can still slide around the countryside though.
I am working on making it MP Dedi compatible. First results look promising.
I added a few sleep commands to Gnats invisible float and made it larger. My friends still exploded but I managed a few landings and take offs on our dedi server

Oh and yes, there is a special armed version now for fun. I added some random cannon to it and changed the flight model to arcade.

2015-01-08_00009.jpg
Artificial horizon and a few other instruments working more or less. I added speed, alt, and something else I can' t recall right now.
Also pilot controls move now, also pedals

I am working on making the copilot work too. So far you can get in on copilot seat and take controls too.

There is a major issue right now. When me and my friends want to board it we sometimes can't when someone else is inside already. You get stuck in the boarding animation.
Also if you load the plane with AI and then unload them you can't enter back on the cargo positions.
Right now I have no idea what is causing this : (

Edited by [Dust]Sabre

@Accuracy

probably: you may also see it in a vietnam mod - I handed my source files over to devilslayersbane. Maybe he will add an armed version.

-I might try my luck with it too independently.

I also wanted to add firing from vehicles but it seems it's restricted to helos and cars and such if I am not mistaken.

I added a sitting position on the wing too with that in mind (you will only notice it when the plane is fully loaded with people)

Perhaps this other custom plane can help: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24094

Should be some good stuff in the pbo where it shows how to make an armed version. Even one that just has a PK on it would be cool. A bomber on the other hand...:m:

@Accuracy:

I added a simple cannon to an extra version in the addon (HMG_127, 500 rounds).

I didn't make a special model for it so its invisible inside the engine. Once it's finished I might make a special armed addon, who knows : )

Anyway I also added FFV so the person close to the door can shoot out the plane, similar to some helis:

2015-01-10_00006.jpg

will add screenshot of a dogfight later

UPDATE V 0.9

2015-01-12_00034.jpg

2015-01-12_00033.jpg

I won't put up the changelog here, it's too long : )

Among other things we now have:

-Firing from Vehicles

-Seaplane working in SP, partially on MP dedicated (50/50 chance of surviving : ))

-more Instruments

-working control wheel/stick

-flight model changed (after I saw a youtube vid of An-2 making loopings, turns, etc)

-copilot, can take controls

-fully automatic Zeus compability

-door animation

Issues:

Door Gunner can take control of plane?! No idea how to prevent it - Help welcome

Plane can fly backwards, reminds me of dragons in skyrim at lauch - still working on the flight model

Weird Issues with boarding plane together in MP or with AI

Special credits for this version:

Gnat for helping me with the Seaplane!!! So much appreciated - Thank you so much!

Download:

Version 0.9

@Accuracy

Yes, armed version included.

Edited by Sabre_Dust

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

North Korea still uses them, still very capable aircraft for what they are designed to do (ie stealth infiltration/exfiltration)