zpxBKIB.jpg
Add-on for WW4 EXTENDED, an unofficial expansion for WW4 v2.5 (by Sanctuary)

Requirements

Download

Version 1.3

0cCLXOV.png - https://www.mediafire.com/download/yd1tit11htfdnhz/WW4EXT_ARCTIC_v13.zip

OFPR mirror: ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WW4EXT_ARCTIC_v13.zip

Patch 1.3.1

Install after the main download.

0cCLXOV.png - https://www.mediafire.com/download/cyxy87v31kwmgy6/WW4EXT_ARCTIC_v131_patch.zip

OFPR mirror: ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/WW4EXT_ARCTIC_Patch_v1.3.1.zip

Hotfix

Install after the patch.

https://copy.com/ONYWMvPAi4CgV39v

Arctic is now also bundled in the new WW4 Extended installer.

You can find download links here if you want an automated, no hassle, way to install all this.

Manual installation
Shortcut method

• Delete any previous installation of this expansion (by deleting the WW4EXT_ARCTIC folder)
  • Decompress the zip file and place the WW4EXT_ARCTIC folder inside your ARMA Cold War Assault one.
  • Create a shortcut of the ColdWarAssault.exe file.
  • Right click on the new shortcut and click on Properties.
  • In the Properties window add the following line in the Target text field, just after the path to ColdWarAssault.exe : -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH;WW4EXT_CW;WW4EXT_ARCTIC;
  • Launch the game by using the new shortcut.

Steam method

• If you don't want to use shortcuts and use the Steam version:
  • Delete any previous installation of this expansion (by deleting the WW4EXT_ARCTIC folder)
  • Decompress the zip file and place the WW4EXT_ARCTIC folder inside your ARMA Cold War Assault one .
  • In your games list right click on Arma: Cold War Assault and select Properties.
  • In the Properties window click on the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS... button.
  • Write this in the text field: -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH;WW4EXT_CW;WW4EXT_ARCTIC
  • Click OK. Click Close. Click Play.

If you want to skip the OFP intro you can add -nosplash before the -mod line, like this:
-nosplash -mod=@ww4mod25;WW4_EXT;WW4_EXT_VEH;WW4EXT_CW;WW4EXT_ARCTIC

Editor Categories
You can find the units and vehicles in:

West
WW4 EXT/US Cold War/Rifle
WW4 EXT/US Cold War/SOF
WW4 EXT/US Cold War/Vehicles

East
WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Rifle
WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Spetsnaz
WW4 EXT/Soviet Cold War/Vehicles

Resistance
WW4 EXT/Guerrilla Cold War
WW4 EXT/Guerrilla Cold War/Vehicles

Civilian
WW4 EXT/Civilians Cold War

You can also find premade groups with those units in the GROUPS (F2) window.

Available winter islands for OFP/CWA
Check this list:
http://ofp-faguss.com/islands.php?type=Winter&reviewed=Any&sort=Rating&order=DESC

Screenshots
Album (v1.0):
https://imgur.com/a/hWHzJ

Changelog

v.1.3.1

FIX: Spetsnaz assistant MG and rpg-22 gunner had assigned the wrong rifle (was as val, should be aks)
CHANGE: Normalized some editor unit names for spetsnaz

v1.3

• NEW: Rampart and bunkers for arctic terrains
  • NEW: Arctic versions of BRDM2, HMMWV TOW and BTR80
  • FIX: Fixed ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout
  • FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
  • FIX: US rifle Dragon gunner now has proper hiddenselections values
  • FIX: Added missing textures to material definitions for M1A1, FUG, BMP2, T72 and T55
  • FIX: Changed prefix for most units from WW4EXT_ARTIC to WW4EXT_ARCTIC. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
  • CHANGE: Updated armor values of infantry with the new values
  • CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible
  • CHANGE: New settings for material definitions to greatly reduce the yellow tint affecting units and terrain when the sun is low
  • CHANGE: Revised textures for camo nets

Credits
- Sanctuary (WW4!)
- Kegetys (Winter Nogojev sounds and vehicle models and textures)
- krzychuzokecia (help on several aspects for v1.2 release)
- Apocalypse83 (feedback and testing)

Edited by kenoxite
updated to v1.2, added mirror link, updated requirements

Wow, looks great! Reminds me of the movie titled The Fourth War, where Soviet and American officer started their own private war. In winter scenery of German-Czechoslovakia border.

Arctic warfare at it's finest!

Wow, looks great! Reminds me of the movie titled The Fourth War, where Soviet and American officer started their own private war. In winter scenery of German-Czechoslovakia border.

I was working on a mission with a similar backdrop. I've never seen or heard of the film, though. Sounds like a very fitting scenario for OFP:CWC. The weapon load outs for the infantry are based around the 1985 era, adjacent CWC, so that's cool.

Nice Job kenoxite...more stuff to play with in new missions.

@All: thanks for the support.

--

Updated to 1.1

You can see the new hood models here: https://imgur.com/a/hWHzJ#38

Basically the same, but with some fixes to avoid glitching and slightly better texture assignment.

The download now also includes a mission by Apocalypse83 from the campaign he's working on. It's tagged as preview, but it's the full mission. And here's a glimpse at the intro:

CHANGELOG

v1.1 - Model tweaks, accuracy corrections for vehicles

- FIX: Insurgent female rifleman for west and east had their side incorrectly assigned
- FIX: East T-55 was incorrectly assigned to the resistance side
- FIX: Resistance vehicles weren't identified correctly when used in other sides (east and west)
- FIX: Several fixes to all unit models, including the remodeling and uv rewrapping of all hood types
- CHANGE: US units now use M16A2 variants
- CHANGE: US rifle units now use vests and helmets more appropriate for the late 80s, early 90s

Edited by kenoxite
extra info

@Keno:

Thanks for the update. M16A2 - yessss! ;)

The download now also includes a mission by Apocalypse83 from the campaign he's working on. It's tagged as preview, but it's the full mission.

Mission is really nice, though a little bit easy (I'm lame in "sneaky" missions, but completed this one on first try). But as an intro to campaign - very good! There's only one problem at the end, when the boat appear, but it immediately swims to the south - I've got to force my team to board it, and only then boat stopped at the shore.

First try? That's pretty impressive. The mission is more challenging than you might imagine, because if you get detected, bad things happen. But not the most exiting mission to begin with, seeing as it's all about stealth. The rest should be more exiting, especially the next one.

I didn't notice the boat problem, because I usually order the team into the boat anyway. There are sometimes a few problems when converting BIS missions to WW4, so thanks for feedback.

@njmatrix and Icarus: Thanks, guys.

@JdB: Thanks again for the mirrors.

WW4 Extended: Arctic updated to version 1.2!

More info and download links on the first post.

WW4 Extended: Arctic has been updated to v1.3
More info and download links in the first post.

Changelog

v1.3

• NEW: Rampart and bunkers for arctic terrains
  • NEW: Arctic versions of BRDM2, HMMWV TOW and BTR80
  • FIX: Fixed ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout
  • FIX: ASSISTTL_556B_GL_MAGS loadout renamed to ASSISTTL_556_GL_MAGS in 556loadout.hpp
  • FIX: US rifle Dragon gunner now has proper hiddenselections values
  • FIX: Added missing textures to material definitions for M1A1, FUG, BMP2, T72 and T55
  • FIX: Changed prefix for most units from WW4EXT_ARTIC to WW4EXT_ARCTIC. Added legacy classes to not break existing missions
  • CHANGE: Updated armor values of infantry with the new values
  • CHANGE: All infantry units have been revised to reduce section count to the minimum possible
  • CHANGE: New settings for material definitions to greatly reduce the yellow tint affecting units and terrain when the sun is low
  • CHANGE: Revised textures for camo nets

Patch for WW4 Extended: Arctic v1.3.1 has been released

More info and download links in the first post.

Changelog

v.1.3.1

FIX: Spetsnaz assistant MG and rpg-22 gunner had assigned the wrong rifle (was as val, should be aks)
CHANGE: Normalized some editor unit names for spetsnaz

It's hotfix time!

WW4 Extended: Arctic v.1.3.1 Hotfix 1 (incl. main EXT 1.1.1 hotfix)

Changelog:

* FIX: Fixed class name for Dragon gunners in US groups

Installation instructions:

just unpack the content into Your Arma: Cold War Assault directory, and replace older files.

Hello guys, i know this mod is so old but, does anyone has an updated  link to the Kegetys'Winter Nogojev v1.1 addon?, the old link is currently dead, and i cannot find an alternative link to this addon.

On 8/18/2021 at 6:08 PM, Maximus222 said:

Hello guys, i know this mod is so old but, does anyone has an updated  link to the Kegetys'Winter Nogojev v1.1 addon?, the old link is currently dead, and i cannot find an alternative link to this addon.

Check this: https://files.ofpisnotdead.com/files/ofpd/islands/

But next time, check / ask in this thread for your request on addons: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/83826-ofp-addon-request-thread/

• Like 2