What are you talking about, that screenshot is of the Moreau(beard) head from IdentiZee.

Considering this screen :

pnc4oqM.png

And the content in this mod :

=> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25411

The two looking very similar, I can said (50% sure) that the beard is used from Tactical Beards. Maybe Zee retake the Tactical Beards mod after being abandoned or by asking to the author and optimize and integrate it inside the Zee Identity Pack. But they looks really similar.

So, what do you think I'm talking about ? It's clear enought.

• Like 1

Considering this screen :

[screen]

And the content in this mod :

=> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25411

The two looking very similar, I can said (50% sure) that the beard is used from Tactical Beards. Maybe Zee retake the Tactical Beards mod after being abandoned or by asking to the author and optimize and integrate it inside the Zee Identity Pack. But they looks really similar.

So, what do you think I'm talking about ? It's clear enought.

Judging from the screens in that mod you linked, tactical beards look like absolute trash compared to Moreau(beard), so I still don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Any mod I've seen with beards they all look relatively the same. The engun isn't made for stuff like that. So it makes it difficult for modders to make it look right.

• Like 1

Any mod I've seen with beards they all look relatively the same. The engun isn't made for stuff like that. So it makes it difficult for modders to make it look right.

Yeah, this. If you're gonna make a beard out of polygons without a dedicated hair system in your engine, you don't have a lot of options. Layering textured planes with alpha maps is the best bet if you don't want it to look like playdough on the face. Saying moreau is based on tactical beards because they use planes is like saying a car is based on another car because it has wheels. Then tactical beards is based on dragon age inquisition. Tactical beards looks like it doesn't even have alpha maps, the planes are much larger and the textures got too much contrast.

• Like 2

I can assure you the beard geometry you show above is for moreau's face and the geometry is my own, the texture uses splices from miller's hair alpha to get it looking right, if tactical beards is using the same technique, I was not aware.

Personally speaking Ghost_Warden I'd leave the condescending and frankly insulting remarks at the door, you can have your opinions by all means, but when you insult the work of an already stressed out person and imply accusations of things they haven't done without any looking into how difficult it actually is to make for this engine then you can be damn sure they won't appreciate it.

Thank you to those who came to my defence on this.

It is VERY difficult to make hair look decent in arma 3 it wasn't designed to have it we'll say, the alpha maps are rendered too crudely meaning the likelihood of it even being smooth is minimal, normal maps don't render fantastically either. I am willing to come back to MY beard model and redo it after this short hiatus, as I have an idea that may help it along a bit.

In the meantime I expect my work to be critiqued, not insulted

This includes remarks directed at the tactical beards mod too, settle this down, its not the author's fault the engine isnt good for this stuff

• Like 7

I can assure you the beard geometry you show above is for moreau's face and the geometry is my own, the texture uses splices from miller's hair alpha to get it looking right, if tactical beards is using the same technique, I was not aware.

Personally speaking Ghost_Warden I'd leave the condescending and frankly insulting remarks at the door, you can have your opinions by all means, but when you insult the work of an already stressed out person and imply accusations of things they haven't done without any looking into how difficult it actually is to make for this engine then you can be damn sure they won't appreciate it.

Thank you to those who came to my defence on this.

It is VERY difficult to make hair look decent in arma 3 it wasn't designed to have it we'll say, the alpha maps are rendered too crudely meaning the likelihood of it even being smooth is minimal, normal maps don't render fantastically either. I am willing to come back to MY beard model and redo it after this short hiatus, as I have an idea that may help it along a bit.

In the meantime I expect my work to be critiqued, not insulted

This includes remarks directed at the tactical beards mod too, settle this down, its not the author's fault the engine isnt good for this stuff

Zee the best thing you can do is not pay this dude any attention, and that should go for every person on these forums, just ignore it and it'll go away, pay no mind to ignorance and/or arrogance. I love the shiznit you're making as do so many others here, so keep up the great stuff you do and forget this fool.

• Like 5

I agree with these comments.Relax and pay these guys no attention Zee-your work kicks ass.Also-as someone who has used tactical beards for quite a while, the beard in Zee's pack looks absolutely nothing like them.They have a completely different structure and texture.

Thanks guys, you're right, but I felt it was necessary to clear up that it is my own work nevertheless.

Sorry, I'll go back to bed and hopefully I won't be grumpy zee when I wake up... :D

Women eh? Can't live with em.... Nope that's about it.

• Like 4

Thanks guys, you're right, but I felt it was necessary to clear up that it is my own work nevertheless.

Sorry, I'll go back to bed and hopefully I won't be grumpy zee when I wake up... :D

Women eh? Can't live with em.... Nope that's about it.

Going back to bed usually sorts things out for me too :)

fair enough, got a bit carried away :)

Don't let them get you down, your mods makes arma so much more enjoyable for me ^_^

8pM1UTw.jpg

• Like 2

hey, no need to apologize, I appreciate your support sometimes it's just good to stay neutral though, I'm sure iNTERBRED worked really hard on his tactical beard mod too.  :)

anyway, on a more positive note, you didn't ask for it, probably didn't even want it, but Syndrome Squad are back!

20160627200302_1_by_zeealex-da7z5ea.jpg

They're really only back to sort some compatibility issues out, but meh!

• Like 2

Tyler a women with whom not to F***k

0a0hIjW.jpg

• Like 5

I have hidden several posts here. This pointless bickering stops now please.

• Like 1

I have hidden several posts here. This pointless bickering stops now please.

There is still bickering going on?

There is still bickering going on?

Well the last few posts were just continuing the argument-so yes.

• Like 1

Just dropping in to update my finds on other female body projects to one day hopefully synthesize with your work, in addition to MaxJoiner working on his A2 women port over the A3 male skeleton, here's a thread from HorribleGoat on his own female body project:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187155-wip-female-base-model-project/

Upon reading it, I am doubting my initial guess that MaxJoiner simply slapped the A2 female models on an A3 male skeleton, b/c from what HG says, if the size is different then it'd distort the models horrifically (which he's inflicted on his test subjects by accident).

No update from Max, but I'm sure he'll post on Armaholic when he has something working.

TL;DR: models and animation are unfathomably hard. I shall continue to struggle with my modest, random seed but non-dynamic mission building.

More specifically on topic, zeealex, your recent hi-res models look gorgeously detailed and proportioned, whereas your current female faces (as in your most recent in-game image above) have slightly... pinched faces. I hesitate to critique it, b/c I don't even know how to un-PBO a model. But here goes anyway: the cheekbones and eyes seem to be a bit too close together, which also makes the eyes a bit squinty. The lips also look like they're perpetually in 30% duckface mode. :D This is not a sudden or recent criticism -- just a nagging thought I've had for a while now.

If your recent work-in-progress is any indicator, then we have nothing to worry about, and the rest will be just how to optimize exporting from your model files into game files or something. Again, please don't take this as being down on your work, as I have followed your progress off and on over the past year and am very excited about some combination of body and head model projects coming together Eventually .

BTW, not that Arma 3 needs it, or that there'd be much demand, but is it possible to construct a ponytail model with physX behavior?

• Like 1

motorizer, I found the work you did on female grunting earlier in the thread, it looked very impressive! I didn't understand anything tho, so I have done a really ugly fix in the meantime and made all groaning and moaning silent. It's hardly optimal, but if you're as bothered by the masculine whimpers as me it's better than nothing. never cared for them much anyway. I hope someone does better at some point ^^ I'll upload it maybe if someone for some reason wants it

also, zee, do you take donations? I figure I enjoy this mod more than a pizza, and I spend 10 buckaroos on those regularly. :P

• Like 1

More specifically on topic, zeealex, your recent hi-res models look gorgeously detailed and proportioned, whereas your current female faces (as in your most recent in-game image above) have slightly... pinched faces. I hesitate to critique it, b/c I don't even know how to un-PBO a model. But here goes anyway: the cheekbones and eyes seem to be a bit too close together, which also makes the eyes a bit squinty. The lips also look like they're perpetually in 30% duckface mode. :D This is not a sudden or recent criticism -- just a nagging thought I've had for a while now.

If your recent work-in-progress is any indicator, then we have nothing to worry about, and the rest will be just how to optimize exporting from your model files into game files or something. Again, please don't take this as being down on your work, as I have followed your progress off and on over the past year and am very excited about some combination of body and head model projects coming together Eventually .

BTW, not that Arma 3 needs it, or that there'd be much demand, but is it possible to construct a ponytail model with physX behavior?

I completely get where you're coming from, it's one of a few things, they have to be stretched and warped a little to work well with everything available, headgear, glasses bodies etc and I'm not exactly fab with female proportions either, so it looks a wee bit strange, so yeah, i'm with you the faces do look out of proportion, i'll be working on this more over the coming months, dont you worry your wee self :P not sure about the hair though, it might be a stretch even if it is possible, but unfortunately i doubt it :/

@DeathDaisy, sounds like you're on top of things with the grunting, or lack thereof :D the grunt always kinda annoyed me anyway, it's like sure, i get it you're injured the screen is also pulsing, shhhh :P it's gotta be a lot better than Arma 2's slightly stange, off accent, slightly orgasmy sounding voicing XD

I diddly do take donations, there's a wee button on the first page, just click and you're good to go from there. donations are highly appreciated :) i am also a little bit of a pizzaholic, favourite flavour?

• Like 2

Well the last few posts were just continuing the argument-so yes.

that doesn't sound fun at all :/ thanks for cleaning that up ineptaphid ;) too bad i didn't have any popcorn 

• Like 1

DeathDaisy added to donors list, thank you for your kindness! :D

I'm not exactly fab with female proportions either, so it looks a wee bit strange

"But you're female! Surely you know what the proportions should be!" ~  "But you're Asian! Surely you're good at maths!"

:D

[edit: I'm Asian, in case anyone missed that]