.kju

Iron Front as mod in Arma 3

Are there any plans to add American airborne units with planes (like the C-47 and such)?

Loving the effort and work put into this so far. It looks great in ArmA 3!

Stuff is done when it is done. This also means that if there is news, there is news. Otherwise the only thing you can do is wait, asking does not help =)

it's a Joke i saw the thread very low ;)

a propos, there is a some tecnical reference for the models? es. polygons number for characters and vehicles to match in this manner the same quality

Snow in ArmA? Yes sir!

''BISim's Co-CEO Pete Morrison will present a paper titled "Implementation of Real-time Snow Layers in Game-based Simulation" on Thursday, starting at 9:30 a.m. in Room 320B. #itsec2014''

<a  href=uJ5VWMf.jpg' alt='uJ5VWMf.jpg'>

Snow in ArmA? Yes sir!
In VBS. It's not the same as ArmA and sadly BI refused multiple times to implement some features from VBS in Arma. I'm sure they had a reason to refuse though.

Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Simulations are different companies with HQ in different countries IIRC.

In VBS. It's not the same as ArmA and sadly BI refused multiple times to implement some features from VBS in Arma. I'm sure they had a reason to refuse though.

Bohemia Interactive and Bohemia Interactive Simulations are different companies with HQ in different countries IIRC.

Aaah that explains... well it looks awesome, though!

about the fps i'm worried because the maps have very dense vegetation

Is there any servers?

Review this section of IF Fan forums

http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/?forum=284524

As for coops review the workshop listing on my site--> missions here http://www.missionrepository.com/arma3-workshop-missions-10

and Blitzkrieg http://www.missionrepository.com/ifa3-blitzkrieg-5

it' not 'we refuse'

1. different engines (while they use licensed RV as base it's theirs own branch)

2. different companies

3. no optimal or not compatible code

anyway sometimes some code was adopted but only if it's manageable

Forgive me for this, but I need Arma 3, Iron Front Liberation 1944, and nothing else to run the mod? I read somewhere that I need Arma 2:CO as well - hopefully not the case.

Cheers, lads.

Forgive me for this, but I need Arma 3, Iron Front Liberation 1944, and nothing else to run the mod? I read somewhere that I need Arma 2:CO as well - hopefully not the case.

Cheers, lads.

Good luck with installing, it's an easy progress, but if you need help, let me know!

Yep Arma 3 and Iron Front FTW!^)
Good luck with installing, it's an easy progress, but if you need help, let me know!

Thanks both. Completely new to Arma, so trying to familiarize myself quickly. If I have any trouble with the installation, I'll be sure to ask for help.

im reading and reading and reading.... I have iron front and arma3 ... and cba, im d loading the patch from first post... but reading wiki (soooo confused) ..

do I also need IFA3SA? or just the patch above... please someone explain... I wanna add this to my server, wich is another question, my server is Linux ... im guessing maybe I just need to paste the addon folders but also need to get rid of capital letters..

help, help, help....

im reading and reading and reading.... I have iron front and arma3 ... and cba, im d loading the patch from first post... but reading wiki (soooo confused) ..

do I also need IFA3SA? or just the patch above... please someone explain... I wanna add this to my server, wich is another question, my server is Linux ... im guessing maybe I just need to paste the addon folders but also need to get rid of capital letters..

help, help, help....

try manual installation

Gunter's IFA3 Installation Tutorial
nHtsq98.jpg 
1. Meet the Requirements
IFA3 (Iron Front in Arma3) requires Arma3, and Iron front game patched to v1.05

Make sure you have vanilla Iron front patched to v1.05
you will need these only if your vanilla IF is not v1.05 already.
patch 1.03
patch 1.04
patch 1.05

If your vanilla IF is not v1.05 (see lower right on menu of the game while ingame to confirm).

If your vanilla IF is not v1.05 then download from the links accordingly:

DISC means you have an actual physical copy of Iron front.
ESD means you have the digital download version of IF like steam or another online game store

Please use the correct version patch or you will have problems.

Note: If you bought Iron front on steam, it will already be patched to v1.05, but be sure to confirm ingame
on the menu that it says Iron Front v1.05 & Version 1.65 (game engine version).

2. Convert your Iron Front game to a mod
Convert your Iron front to a mod, you can do this by downloading the following tool:

LINK---->  Iron Front Conversion Tool

USING THE CONVERSION TOOL
1. Run the tool
2. set the path for Arma 2 Location and Arma2 OA Location to your A3 directory (see picture below)

3. Press Create IF Arma button (see picture below) and wait for conversion to complete (completion time is about 8-10min)
What is happening when the conversion tool is running?
(what it is doing is copying your vanilla Iron Front files (game) and converting the .IFA extension of each
file to .pbo so Arma3 can read the files as Arma3 can only read the .pbo)

NOTE: Once the conversion is complete you should see a folder titled @IF and @LIB_DLC_1 in your Arma3 directory,
this is your Iron Front now as a mod!

3. Download & Install the following mods into your Arma3 directory

Arma3 directory for steam (Win7) --->  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

• @CBA_A3------------> @CBA_A3 (396kb)
  • @LIB_DLC_1_lite-----> @LIB_DLC_1_lite (169.5mb) (optional - this is not required if you have full version of DLC)
  • @IFA3SA -------> @IFA3SA (2.7gb)
  • @IFA3M------> @IFA3M (531.0mb) (latest v1.14)
  • @IFA3------> @IFA3 (31.9mb) (latest v1.14)

4. Mod Load order and game start
So now you should have the following mod files in your Arma3 directory:

• @CBA_A3
  • @LIB_DLC_1
  • @IF
  • @IFA3SA
  • @IFA3M
  • @IFA3

To start the game with IFA3 you will need this exact load order:

@CBA_A3;@LIB_DLC_1;@IF;@IFA3SA;@IFA3M;@IFA3

the files above need to be in this order, you can use a desktop shortcut, or a launcher.

I personally use this to launch the game with IFA3.

5. Run Arma3 with IFA3 before patching
Before you go to step 6 and patch the mod, be sure to run Arma3 with the mod once.
Once you know its running, then go to step 6 below and patch the mod.

6. Patch the mod
Patch the mod, download the following Patches and install them in the following order:

1. IronFront Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.05 - 1.12.exe (596.2MB)
  2. IronFront Arma3 CommunitPatch 1.12 - 1.13 (196.3MB)
  3. IronFront Arma3 Community Patch v1.14 (359.2mb)
  4. IronFront Arma3 Community Patch Fix for v1.14 (19.6mb)

Before running the patches move the patches to your arma3 directory and start them from there.
Install them in order, when you have one patch applied successfully then test the game to make sure its running ok,

and check the version on the bottom right of the menu, after the 1st patch is successful do the same for the last patch.

Patches for the DLC (not Lite version):

1. IronFront DLC Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.00 - 1.07 Digital.exe
  2. IronFront DLC Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.00 - 1.07 Steam.exe
  3. IronFront DLC Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.07 - 1.08.exe
  4. IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.08-1.09.exe

7. Version Check
Once you have patched the mod start up the game with IFA3.
On the menu of the game when you are running IFA3, you should have 3 versions at the bottom right:
====================
Iron Front A3 version: 1.11
Iron Front DLC version: 1.09
Iron Front version: 1.14
====================

If you have what you see above then you have the latest and correct
versions of IFA3, DLC, and game version, your all set!
=======================================
Any questions, problems with installation please post your reply, or send me a pm, any tips, advice, or ideas,
on how to improve the tutorial let me know, anything i missed i should add or fix also let me know.

if_logo_final_m1.png

Last Updated: January 1st, 2016

Edited by Gunter Severloh
Update - rewording, linking files from MR

thanks, for all the help..

but cant wait to get this up... again thanks oh I don't have arma2co?

update , im getting error no depbo found? so converter is quiting after 5 min?

I have arma3 tool and Eliteness with the debpo dll, so im lost ...

i1ejus.jpg

Edited by Dr Death JM

Welcome.

thanks oh I don't have arma2co?

Dont need it, thats what IFA3SA is for, the standalone aspect now eliminates the Arma2Co requirement.

update , im getting error no depbo found? so converter is quiting after 5 min?

I have arma3 tool and Eliteness with the debpo dll, so im lost ...

Dont need them, just run the converter.

Your problem is you have no paths set, so under where it says:

Arma2 Location, put your arma3 directory path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

then do same for arma2CO box.

try that and see if it works.

make sure your vanilla IF is v1.05 before you do the conversion!

So go ingame and look at bottom right of the menu, or locate the Ironfront.exe and go to version tab and look at the version there to make sure its v1.05

thats the only requirement other then the other files which is IFA3, and IFA3SA.

awesome what about dlc.lite I cant find it yet aggg I found it , had a dumber moment

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

the trick is going to be if I can get it to work on Linux server... :butbut:

Nice!!

Ya for Linux as i said before my guess is put all the files on the server like you have it on your computer, run it on your command line like you would

when you launch the game for the mod and make sure your able to play it.

I went on pws and dled the mods you said : "@CBA_A3,@IF,@LIB_DLC_1_lite,@IFA3SA,@ifa3m,@IFA3"

except, @IF was not there, but besides that I have the rest... And it works now,as opposed to before I had some broken shit (with only the IFA3 mod itself), but im getting a bunch of random low res textures and stuff.... as if its some missing dlc like in arma 2, where you had low quality pmc textures... Did I do something wrong with this installation?

I think you will be missing a lot without the @if folder... ill be adding all folders needed to somwere soon... so people can find them..

I think I need a something to make all files lower case...

Edited by Dr Death JM

But I got no config errors or anything, it was functional, but it seemed like it had some random textures low res(not just bad textures, clearly not supposed to be like this), nothing was "missing" as far as I could see

Yeah but I still think something is installed wrong, since I am seeing random blurry textures on the roads and trees objects, also some rubble piles and parts of houses (but actually not every texture on the houses) are really blurry.