shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

Is there a way to have gaia contol over editor placed groups rather than using the gaia button in the command interface. I know about the standalone gaia but I want to have access to the full MCC4 mod. Is there a way to give contol to group from the editor. If I run MCC4 mod and use jebus or standalone the time for generating waypoints within the zones can be over 10 minutes. Does anyone have any ideas.

You can use the same commands you use with the script version

eg

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND", ["1", "FORTIFY"]];

Hey dreadpirate the issue I think is your script that call for gaia zones and the standalone template there is a big delay if I have the MCC4 mod running. I use the MCC4 mod for a bunch in game. I never setup zones in MCC4 that is always in the editor with editor placed units and zones is using Jebus. It's a sad day I think I need to remove MCC4 from my mission lineup of mod's. 

Hello,

I have in the last time play much MCC Mission Generated Missions, and sometimes if the Task say Destroy Weaponchaches/Tanks you cant Destroy them. The Only way its to Remove that Task...Its that Bug knowing?

Can anyone please answer this question for me. If you use MCC4 mod but still use editor placed groups and give them to GAIA using the editor codes from Jebus or standalone (codelines) how long does it take for GAIA to initiate waypoints I am getting a very long time like 7-10 minutes for like 15 groups. All works great once the groups get the waypoints and the generation of waypoints is a lot faster if the groups get respawn back into the mission but the initial generation of waypoints take a long time. If I just use standalone version 1-2 minutes but I want to use the whole mod I love this mod👍👍 any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Does the cover system and climbing  jumping system still work! I have not used it in a while it does not seem to be  working??? 

Can you make a setting function so that you can switch on and off fire caused by ammunition?

Great mod!! Two questions:

1) Is my AI squad automatically controlled by Gaia? If yes, how can I exclude them from Gaia to keep control over my units?

2) WhenI create a mission in the editor, can I already create a Zone which I can later use ingame for the mission generator?

Thanks

Does it still work, is it worth debugging on my side? Had some absence from ArmA; Ambient Warzone only generates question marks on the MCC map and that new? frontline generator generates nothing... thx.

Yes it still works very good but starting to get script errors and some of functions are not working now. I would say 85% of the functions still work and it's has a lot of functions.  It's a shame that it is not being up kept anymore and eventually if Arma 3 continues to get a few more updates it's only time and a few updates away 😐😢🤢

https://files.fm/u/r3nkn2d3t - When i start a pre charged mission, that appears and the mission can't be created... Please help me, i don't speak english perfectly, but i'm really gonna be mad if not fix that error. I watch a solution everywhere and nothing:((

Albert546 as you can see I have been using MCC and GAIA for a while unfortunately I have stopped using it because of too many bugs to many issues with other scripts. This was my main to mods I use for a while. MCC had it all and GAIA was the bust patrol script but both of them have not been worked on for a while and we have too many issues now. Do yourself a favor and find alternative scripts and mods to replace it you'll save yourself some problems in the long run. Sincerely Avibird

@avibird 1  I completely understand your point, but please, considering that I am using GAIA as same as a breathing system, can you point out some examples? What can I expect to be broken exactly? GAIA templates work for me on the stable branch as they should for years now. I give to GAIA almost every aspect of enemy actings on the field. Defense and offense operations, transportation, and use of artillery, zoning, and other operational things. Simply - giving GAIA everything I get back everything. Detailed and randomized of course. So if things start to be broken I am in big trouble. The only thing GAIA is not good for is garrisoning but here are very good ways to do that.. tog garrison scrpt, etc

Are you using the stand alone version script of Gaia or the MCC mod ? 

Both. But MCC using only a few functions during making missions [teleport, watching movements, etc] 

Best MOD of all time! But sadly some features no longer work. We need our Hero ShayGman back for desperately need update. There is a whole new generation of players that need to experience everything MCC can do!

• Like 1

On the Steam Workshop page on Christmas Day LORD ShayGman the author of MCC stated if there is enough interest that he (might) update it.

One problem is that it won't work on servers currently. So no one knows what it is and how amazing it is unless they play local. 

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let everyone know to go on the Workshop page and comment that you are interested in an update. 

• Like 1

MCC was the best however a lot of bugs and Gaia is somewhat broken these days. It will delete vanilla waypoints on any unit that is placed on the map during game play when you are using Gaia and MCC. You cannot use vanilla place waypoints MCC and Gaia together very sad 

5 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

MCC was the best however a lot of bugs and Gaia is somewhat broken these days. It will delete vanilla waypoints on any unit that is placed on the map during game play when you are using Gaia and MCC. You cannot use vanilla place waypoints MCC and Gaia together very sad 

This mod was not maintained for few years now.. 
It was great once, that's true, still is in some cases but yes, lots of bugs that will probably won't be fixed.

Hi, I recently tried the AAS MCC module, and followed a tutorial on fandom, (link: https://mccsandbox.fandom.com/wiki/Aas) and when I try to load up the mission, it begins, and immediately says "mission failed" with no other context.

Guys, author haven't maintained this mod for years. This mod is practically dead. It was great, really, one of the best, but it's over unless in a miracle way he'll be back. 

I use this mod on an everyday basis with zero problems across all versions of the game and the mod itself. It is almost the skeleton of my SP and MP arma life.

On 1/26/2024 at 8:13 AM, Nemanjic said:

I use this mod on an everyday basis with zero problems across all versions of the game and the mod itself. It is almost the skeleton of my SP and MP arma life.

Actually this mod is extremely broken in many ways,should be avoided entirely. For one the inbuilt code in GAIA which is included in MCC (And effects are in play even if GAIA not actively on unit) will totally break editor WP's. For anyone reading this,GAIA functions but has features broken as well. Theres better alternatives. The code is extremely old.

• Like 1

I am not using eden wp's, that's why I have no problems or interfering GAIA with anything else. Or at least, that's the reason I have not encountered one yet.