Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'heagear'.
Found 1 result
I've just begun modding in Arma 3, after someone approached me and asked me to help him with modding in a beret that didn't exist anywhere on the workshop yet, I did everything as he asked me to and followed closely Arma 3's limitations (10k triangles at most, no smooth shading, all triangles, taken from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Modding_Characters). I used Blender to model the beret and managed to export it into a P3D file, then I exported its texture in a PAA file, then I created its icon and saved it as a PAA file, too. The problems began with the config file. I used a tutorial for a steel tube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxiwU94zwjg&) first, and actually spawned it in the game, it appeared in my inventory, but it didn't exist once I dropped it onto the ground, I thought that's just because I didn't add a line to the config, I don't think it's important so I ignored it Then I found an actual config file for a headgear (from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide#Headgear_configuration) and I thought if I just changed up some things it'd work good enough. After I was done modifying that config file and got the mod working the game wouldn't let me spawn the beret in. I didn't get any debug messages, nothing. The beret just wouldn't spawn in my inventory, as if it didn't exist in the first place. Now I know this is a long post, but I feel like I needed explained my whole "adventure", so that maybe someone gets an idea of what the problem might be. Here's the mod file if you want to check it out https://github.com/Kalimedes/Mod