Sign in to follow this  
rrpatch

HALO again....

I know this has been asked many times. I read everything and just want the basic. In Multiplayer I need everyone to have the option of HALO. So anyone playing can HALO even after respawning. Script,trigger,gamelogic ? anyone.

Thank you.

vehicle - where you want HALO action to be added to player

class Item117
	{
		position[]={9782.6885,140.28499,10062.321};
		azimut=140;
		id=183;
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="HeliHEmpty";
		skill=0.60000002;
		text="fahne";
	};

sensor to add action

class Item33
	{
		position[]={9782.6885,140.28499,10062.321};
		a=0;
		b=0;
		repeating=1;
		age="UNKNOWN";
		text="HALO";
		expCond="Player distance fahne < 10 ";
		expActiv="ID_BeamH = Player addAction [""~HALO"",""parajump.sqf""]";
		expDesactiv="Player removeAction ID_BeamH";
		class Effects
		{
		};
	};

marker for HALO start point

class Item97
	{
		position[]={12650.189453,0.540966,10311.375000};
		text="Halo Drop Zone";
		type="Select";
		colorName="ColorBlack";
		a=0.500000;
		b=0.500000;
		name="HaloMarker";
	};

script parajump.sqf

if (local player) then
{
PRIVATE ["_marker","_pos","_rnd","_h"];

_marker = "HaloMarker";
_rnd=Random(200);
_h=8000;
_pos = [getmarkerpos _marker select 0,getmarkerpos _marker select 1, _h+_rnd];
player setpos _pos;
[player,_h+_rnd] exec "\ca\air2\Halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

sleep 2;
//THIS SECTION IS USEFUL IF YOU NEED TO REINSTATE ANY TASK MENU ADDITIONS ETC OTHERWISE LEAVE IT OUT
Waituntil {vehicle player != player}; //i.e. =="BIS_Steerable_Parachute"
sleep 2;
Waituntil {vehicle player == player};//i.e. left parachute
//fix for HALO bug
(FindDisplay 46) DisplaySetEventHandler ["keydown","if ((_this select 1) In actionKeys ""TeamSwitch"") then {a = createDialog 'evoUI'}"];//EVOUI.HPP IS AN EVO THING - YOU MAY HAVE SOMETHING ELSE THAT NEEDS REINSTATING AFTER HALO
//hint "T menu restored! Eggbeast you da man!";
};

that's it.

walk to the location "fahne" and the HALO action appears.

click HALO and you halo from the HALO marker location (ideally in the centre of your map)

Before the flame throwers hit me, I know this thread is old. I used the 'search function and here is where I landed. I read the post above as well.

My thing that I want to do is just like in Operation Jackal (A2:CO). I want to start the mission already in freefall. Well actually myself and my team of seven other SEAL's.

I have seen the tutorials on YouTube however A2:CO tells me that the HALO.sqm doesn't exist but yet it's there?

Thanks

:bounce3:

Throw this in the units Init like

[this, 1000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

and they'll start at 1000 meters in free fall mode and the AI will open their chutes before going splat themselves though they drift forward a bit more.

(Source was http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=94 Nice site for codes and tricks to use)

Im trying to do a similar thing with my map. I want to start on the ground and then board a C-130 then allow the plane to take off at a location determined by the commander of the map. Then once in position all players will jump.

Is there any variation in the code with regard to what is posted above for ARMA2 OA.

First one important thing, its called mission, not map.

One thing you can do is add that line to a radio trigger so when the leader calls the radio you will jump, if you dont want to use radio you can add it to an action.

[dude, 1000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

Instead of "this" you use a name, remeber to name your units.

I do apologise for the incorrect terms lol.

Thanks for the mission assistance. i will try it out and let you know the results.

This is an old thread I started but the problem still there. Even the great scripters have not put out a simple script.

Here is what I have been working on. A script that is started in the init.sqf like this.

init.sqf

nul = execVM "halo.sqf";

It calls the halo.sqf and in the halo sqf the code sets a condishion to only exec when a player is above an alttude of 200. Then the halo_getout.init is called like this.

Halo.sqf

_chopper = _this select 0;

waituntil { (getpos _chopper select 2 > 200) or (!alive _chopper) };

If (!alive _chopper) exitwith {hint format ["Chopper %1 destroyed ", _chopper]};

_chopper addAction ["Halo Jump","Halojump.sqf"];

The halojump.sqf that is called now to be added after the player reached 200.

halojump.sqf

[this] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs"

The only issue I have now. Is converting it so that any player on the map that is above 200 will exec the halojump.sqf. So when they Eject above 200 the fall halo style.

Theres the fix if anyone can script.

I tryed this command, [this, 1000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

but then when I preview the mission I start on ground, then suddenly Im up in the air doing the HALO thing:S,

I wanna start in the Air, not on the ground, is it a bug?

place the line in the init of the unit and it will be in air at mission start, at least it did for me just now.

hmm. I dont start in the air. I start on the ground. And then I suddenly im in the air:S.

Try putting the unit up in the air with

this setpos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +1000]

or make the screen black the first seconds so you dont see that he starts on the ground.

Ok now I tryed this

unit name is Noble1

[Noble1, 4000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

in combination with this

this setpos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) 4050]

The odd thing is that sometimes after a while in freefalling I start HALO, but almost all of the times I have tested Im falling right to the ground. :S,

hmm Ok ive tested this on other maps [Noble1, 4000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

Seems like the mission Ive maked for using HALO jump is to big:S, It is probably too much for my computer to prosses:S, because when I tested this code on a emty map it worked:S

HALO is a dangerous feature in MP since quite often the script simply does not kick in or lags so bad that it works to late. I smashed myself countless times to death in MP trying to HALO from above 2000m.

having the halo function precompiled is vital to MP stability, i do "believe" it is not, and that it is in sqs format also makes it unreliable in MP, though most of the times it do work, for example in domination.