Sign in to follow this  
Kiki

Persian Hammer

968274ophlogo412.jpg

Hi everyone ! Here's the thread of our new campaign\addon coming soon for arma 2 combined operation.

Synopsis:

In October of 1988, In Takistan, Salem Yussef, a dictator and military general sends troops to attack the US embassy. All communications are broken between the Embassy and Washington. us troops Settled in the Island of Malden and who fought during the Everon conflict in 1985, Send several ships in the Green Sea and deploys troops in Kirstan, a country near Takistan. After a few days of tensions, The operation called “Persian hammer†is started, it consists of sending US special forces behind the enemy lines to destroy all the communications to permit the USMC invasion at different key locations. At the same time, Yussef Send mobile missile launchers “SCUD†on Israël. Their allied being attacked, The USA must answer fast.

Operation Persian Hammer 1.2:

part1

part2

thanks to armaholic for mirroring my campaign

Known issues:

ph_troy_c3.desert mission crashs because I wrote it wrong in the description.ext of the campaign.

It will be fixed in the next release of course but you can fix it by yourself until that release ;)

to resolve it : unpbo the ph campaign file, edit the description.ext and replace the ph_troy_c3.desert by ph_troy_c3.desert_E, save and repbo the whole thing.

Required Addons

p85 config

p85 vehicles

p85 units

p85 weapons

We need you !:

modellers

texture artists

Translators

Edited by Kiki

Very interesting. This looks like it'll be quite fun indeed. Will you release the units and whatnot for out own uses too? I've been looking for some US troops in that camo for quite some time....:yay:

Very interesting. This looks like it'll be quite fun indeed. Will you release the units and whatnot for out own uses too? I've been looking for some US troops in that camo for quite some time....

Of course! there will be available in the editor

It's not everyday I'm excited about campaigns and missions, but this one might be the one. I'll be watching this carefully in the coming weeks. :)

Wow!! This looks awesome!

Really nice looking. Those units look badass as hell also.

Man I cant wait for this! :D

Hows progress at the moment? Has it just begun or its it being finalized?

Looks very interesting. I've been looking all over for some U.S. soldiers in the old DBDU "chocolate chip" camouflage, it can be very useful for a 1991 Gulf War scenario or mission. :yay:

One thing, I don't know if the units were made by you, but the U.S. flag on the arm should be reversed, or not there at all. The PASGT vest should be in the DBDU "chocolate chip" camouflage, and the band around the PASGT helmet should be a bit darker. For good measure, maybe some units can be made with just a harness and no vest at all, that would be nice as it would be adding some variety. The boots should be black, but I think they are judging from some screenshots. Also, that Huey looks amazing. :D

Keep up the good work and we're all looking forward to seeing this one through. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

looks good. i like the old ALICE gear. but laqueesha is right. the flag is facing the wrong way. i had some woodland stuff i was working on the from the 80s, maybe i can help you if you need it. your call.

screenie

but the U.S. flag on the arm should be reversed, or not there at all.

Thanks for your comment and this Detail ! we're going to fix that.

New informations about the campaign coming soon !

Kiki

Edited by Kiki

Will this feature the M-72 LAW and the M-60? I know they were in use during the 80's/early 90's.

Nice but the tv grafics seems a be a bit to modern to be from the 80's :)

STGN

This seems like nice campaign! definetly going to try this out when its released.

This looks great, The background to it is simple yet offers so much.

Keep it up

Will this feature the M-72 LAW and the M-60? I know they were in use during the 80's/early 90's.

they are both in ACE2 mod

Maybe even the M-79 grenade launcher, which is also in the ACE 2 mod... ;)

I hope it will support the ACE2 Mod, because of all of its awesome features... :-)

That'd be cool if it's compatible with ACE, but it is up to Kiki with that. I for one wouldn't mind either way....

Even if it isn't compatible with ACE from the start you can be sure someone will write configs to make it so ^^

For the moment we're not making it with Ace 2 for several reasons:

weapons such as m60,m72 law,m21 will be already included in the campaign.

We like ace 2 but the problem is that we don't know how will be the next release, if it will change something that could change some gameplay's elements in the campaign that we wouldn't. We prefer to make it without the most problems as possible. But after if someone wants to change the config file to play it with Ace 2, why not !

we're about 60% of progress. We're working now on the audio section (voices,music, etc...) we can guess that we will release it in about one month.

Thanks all for your support ! :yay: